• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuning and SSI

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im all set to imbune some weps and I am worried about SSI.

I have been to SSI Calc | Knuckleheads.dk

But Im still not 100% sure ...

My naked char has 120 dex - all suited up I have 183 dex

Do I need to add any SSI to the wep ?

Im not sure if Knuckleheads is suited or base dex

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not the Dex, enter the total stamina, including everything on your toon.

Reactions: Pix

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh ...

Its a repeating crossbow
Wouldn't bother putting SSI on a repeater... infact wouldn't ever use a repeater... but that's me... Once upon a time they weren't too bad... anymore the Composite and a regular bow are about all I carry... sometimes if I'm going to PvP some... a Heavy ... just for Dismounts.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wouldn't use a repeating X-bow either, but that's a different subject. To each their own.

On my archers/throwers/melee fighters, I like to have atleast 30 SSI on there for some protection that you will maintain your same swing speed even if you dip below 180. There are some SSI calculators out there you can play around with to see how different levels of stam and SSI will affect how fast your attacking.

UO Stratics - Combat

Swing Speed - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Good luck.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what do you guys mean you wouldnt use a repeater?
max out a area effect, mana leech, HLD and let the sucker purrrrrrrrr in a champ spawn!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what do you guys mean you wouldnt use a repeater?
max out a area effect, mana leech, HLD and let the sucker purrrrrrrrr in a champ spawn!
Is there a difference in using that, and using a composite on a 211 stamina archer, with 55-60 SSI? Both hit at 1.25 I am pretty sure. I would think it would be the same, except the composite will do more damage.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
except for us poor folk who cant afford to run 211 stamina suits.