• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about staff/mibs quest

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If i want more than one staff do I have to restart quest or can i just keep fishing up mibs?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have not turned in your staff, you can just keep fishing up mibs.. If you have turned in the staff you are screwed...cant retake the quest.
Unless something has changed from this weekend, yes you can take the quest from Kalen again on the same character after you turned in a staff. I did it that way on Sonoma. Got first staff after 3 MIBs with my GM fisher, turned it in, took the quest again with the same fisher and got the 2nd staff after another 27 or 28 MIBs.

That being said, I'm not sure if Kalen will give you his quest again if you CANCEL it and then try to get it again.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yepp... I just keep my fisher fishing for the Staff and run the quest on my other characters. Which is fine by me, NO way my fisher does enough damage to the Demon to complete the quest any way lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was going to say if you turned it in you can retake the quest again right away... I have 3x.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
why can't my fisherman get the Kalen's Lament quest? she doesn't have any other quests pending but she also isn't the toon i am using for the other arcs.

upload_2017-9-6_14-10-27.png

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You have to be on the full arc to get the staff quest. (ie paper, talk to folks in bar, talk to Sherry etc)

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i'm following larisa's walk through. it says "Any old SOS will do...you're going to need a bit of luck to find this item quickly. Either hop on your fisherman to take the quest or, some have said that if you are on the quest ~ The Zealotry of Zipactrictl~ it will help you find it quicker with no fishing skill."

is it possible to fish up a staff without taking the quest?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
is it possible to fish up a staff without taking the quest?
I'm pretty sure you need the quest to get the staff. It looks like that was just a confusing sentence in the article trying to refer to the difference between needing fishing skill without the Zippy quest, or you can take the Zippy quest and not need any fishing skill. Either way it still needs the quest from Kalen though.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think Larisa meant 'hop onto your fisher to get the (original from the newspaper) quest ' :D

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I'll clarify that sorry!

My fisher took the quest so you have to:

1.Buy the paper and take the quest
2.Travel to mythran's house (So need blackrock)
3. Go to moonglow to talk to Heigel
4. Go BACK to mythrans house to get the Warrior of Ether Quest

THEN you can take Kalen's quest....I will put that in my walkthrough, thanks!

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah I'll clarify that sorry!

My fisher took the quest so you have to:

1.Buy the paper and take the quest
2.Travel to mythran's house (So need blackrock)
3. Go to moonglow to talk to Heigel
4. Go BACK to mythrans house to get the Warrior of Ether Quest

THEN you can take Kalen's quest....I will put that in my walkthrough, thanks!
got it! tyvm!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have not turned in your staff, you can just keep fishing up mibs.. If you have turned in the staff you are screwed...cant retake the quest.
Turning in the staff is ok. But turning in all the pieces to get a Base will end the quests and you cant restart.

1 complete quest per toon.