• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

life leech on a pet

buymycrap

Adventurer
I been messing round with a nightmare and cant figure out how to add life leech, I heard you can only give it to necro pets , so should I give him necro then life leech will open as a option? am lil confused to how to add it and what pets can get it, plz help ty.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think life leech is available on the mare and adding necro will not help. Life leech is only available on a few pets. Ossein Ram, Tsuki Wolf, and Saurosarus are the only ones I can name of the top of my head.
Keep in mind that life leech sounds much better than it really is. Every time a pet with LL is hit, LL fires and consumes 5 (I think) mana. All of those pets above have pretty crappy mana regens that are not fixable through training. So LL provides burst tanking up to the point the mana is gone which does not take long at all. While it's tanking effects are temporary, it's mana draining effect is pretty much constant while it's in combat (you may not have mana for AI, but there is always 5 points for LL every time a mongbat hits you). Which means that there is not a whole lot of mana left for other useful moves.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I been messing round with a nightmare and cant figure out how to add life leech, I heard you can only give it to necro pets , so should I give him necro then life leech will open as a option? am lil confused to how to add it and what pets can get it, plz help ty.
Animals are only allowed one special ability. For Nightmares they get dragon breath, so life leech is unavailable to them. This is also the case of hell hounds and pred hell cats

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In such case, maybe it's best to boost mana higher so the LL would last longer?
More mana is always good. However even if you max it out, in any scenario where LL is needed, you will run out of mana long before the fight is over.