• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEVS can u please tweak part 3 of the global arc so that the vesper part requires zero fishing??

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Listen DEVS @Mesanna ......i have had to give up this quest ....i really enjoyed part 1 and 2 although the drop rate was stupid bad.. lets be hinest the first time we did trade orders for the guild signs it was much more fun and a lot better drop rate for something worthwhile...this time after maybe a dozen trade orders i still have not got one strange drop...some coloured clothing yes...and in the dungeons the map drops probably better....

Lets lets get onto part 3 ......and really enjoyed step 1 and 2 ....the miners and the caretaker key...both do-able by any char ......now lets talk about about the sea bit....that starts in sunken vesper......this is impossible without a fisher and an endless supply of mib's......all shards are sold out of mibs...if u havent got a fisher u will have to do some serious kraken killing.... to get say a dozen... but still then u need a fisher with 70 skill to fish up the chests!!!...

THIS will make part 4 pointless/irrelevant .....prob the best part fighting the Titans too....SO PLEASE DEVS like u did in earlier zippy quest chains tweal the arc and make the fishing part zero skill for fishing up the reward ......not everyone wil have a fisher and a lot will get stuck at this point...

please for the common sense alone...these quest arcs are fun but should be doable by anyone...yes a lot of folks will have a full array of skills.... some folks are retired they play UO 12 hour a day.... other folks maybe grab a hour of UO here and there...when they have time out of real life......please make this quest chain enjoyable for ALL people who play UO

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah the event is not long enough for most of us working long hours and still staying subscribed to the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While I like what your saying because quite frankly I'm FED UP with the endless amounts of grinding in the game of late...

part 1 massive grindfest... and honestly I've been doing trade runs for years... boring. And the drop rate WAY too low... and getting the drops from the human ambushes is painfully tedious... While I'm aware we don't "need" these items as someone who loves collecting things we do "need" these items. Many people in UO are avid collectors and can't just have 8 of 11 items... we just CAN'T!... and @Kyronix you should KNOW this by now.

part 2 was actually fun but... like you pointed out not everyone has a T-Hunter either... but the 1-3 chests are doable by mages so no big deal...

Part 3... I thought the puzzle for putting that pentagram together was a bit.... um... difficult... and confusing... having to log out in a house that you own... well that would be nice if the EC didn't crash randomly all the time.... also NONE of my character really log out in their own house... they all come and go from 1 central location... it would be difficult for me to even remember who owns what house let alone make them log out there. That scroll was BAD .... honestly that should have been caught by the so called QA tester and should have been fixed LONG before this was put out to the public... And then once it was "discovered" to be so bugged this should have been fixed... and a patch done. Instead the GM's are likely cursing your name... and @Bleak goes on Vacation as a super important 20th Anniversary looms and a major publish goes live??? Really??? Don't you all take off pretty much at the end of Nov till Jan or Feb anyway???? Couldn't it have waited??? Bad timing. While I'm sure he's exhausted from all the work he put in still he should know that it's going to have some kinks that'd need ironed out...

as for the fishing... as i said in the other thread I'm sure they expected us to trade and such for what we needed work together as I also said at 120 I have fished up over 30 without a drop.... so yeah... I had over 150 maps and still am trying but I can't imagine how many one would have to do to get 1 for even just all my tamers.

The Focus thing for the fire one.... THAT was done right... 1 item needed that you got from the things from part 2 and some common everyday items... easy ..... decent mob to kill and you could party with a group and ALL get it done in no time...
The one for Earth again... all go as a group kill a few mobs get a drop and it isn't used up and everyone can share 1 drop and get the quest finished get the item NICE...
The Quicksilver... I liked killing the stuff and thanks @Kyronix for upping the spawnrate... was a tad slow... especially for a shard full of folk all competing to get it done... However like most crafting the "success" rate is WAY too low.... and needing GM Magery????? Really????? Most crafters have 80 because 120 smithing and 120 tailoring can't fit with GM MAgery unless you skimp on a crafting skill.... and any crafter is no going to skimp on their main skills... fortunately for me I have 2 crafters on an account who split the 120's... one being a smith the other a tailor.... but most don't...

And fishing.... yeah... and you all talk about us not hording stuff??????? HELLO you have any idea the amount of crap I just fished up trying to get that stinking item.... All I can say is Thank Goodness I recently inherited a house that I haven't filled yet... because it's over 2/3 full now just with crap generated trying to do this Event Arc... from week 1 to week 3.... not good.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My crafter managed to make 3 of those focus thingies and she didn't have GM magery, maybe closer to 90....it did burn through a lot of quicksilver on fails though.
The RNG on the fishing part was pretty ridiculous, some people spent hours and hours and all their mibs and got nothing, they weren't people with 0 fishing either!
I think the event itself was a good idea and the Devs worked hard on it, maybe some more thought on the implementation was needed, I know I'm not alone in preferring to do the whole quest on one character.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And fishing.... yeah... and you all talk about us not hording stuff??????? HELLO you have any idea the amount of crap I just fished up trying to get that stinking item.... All I can say is Thank Goodness I recently inherited a house that I haven't filled yet... because it's over 2/3 full now just with crap generated trying to do this Event Arc... from week 1 to week 3.... not good.
Well you could go the other route too - My fisherman is now over half a million turn-in points from all the MiB's I've fished up getting staffs. ;)

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does the fisherman need the quest to fish up the item ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have heard on people with zero fishing actually fishing up the staff.

One said they were not only on the current quest but was also on the "Zippy Quest" which allows you to fish up sos's. Supposedly the part of the Zippy quest that enables you to fish them up also rolls over into the current arc.

The other said they were only a human character (joat) were not on the "Zippy Quest" and were successful in fishing up quite a few staffs... they still had 6 for sale and said they had already sold 5.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do we know this for sure though? If they are just deco, I'd happily stop grinding.
Part 1 'drops' have been confirmed by the Devs to be just deco.

When Part 2 hit they posted this in the fiction: "brave citizens take to protecting the commerce of the realm, hoping to recover otherwise useless trinkets of unknown highwaymen"..

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Again, if that's the only confirmation, I don't read it as such. "Otherwise useless trinkets" implies some usefulness. It's not the same as "useless trinkets." I can't say what the sentence is supposed to mean, only what it implies at face value.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again, if that's the only confirmation, I don't read it as such. "Otherwise useless trinkets" implies some usefulness. It's not the same as "useless trinkets." I can't say what the sentence is supposed to mean, only what it implies at face value.
Kyronix confirmed it at the last M&G.

They are JUST deco.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Agreed they do have a use.. to let us know there is something up with the highwaymen and that they are not just random people at the helm of the attacks but are united in some way with a darker, more sinister force uniting them... Outside of that they are useless..

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard on people with zero fishing actually fishing up the staff.

One said they were not only on the current quest but was also on the "Zippy Quest" which allows you to fish up sos's. Supposedly the part of the Zippy quest that enables you to fish them up also rolls over into the current arc.

The other said they were only a human character (joat) were not on the "Zippy Quest" and were successful in fishing up quite a few staffs... they still had 6 for sale and said they had already sold 5.
As of right now, can confirm that it's because of Zippy. I checked my tamer when @CovenantX asked in vent and I was still on the "Zealotry of Zipactriotl" quest. I'll be reactivating my 2nd account later, and I'll see what happens with part 3 on that - I'm pretty sure none of those characters are currently on the Zealotry quest.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Listen DEVS @Mesanna ......i have had to give up this quest ....i really enjoyed part 1 and 2 although the drop rate was stupid bad.. lets be hinest the first time we did trade orders for the guild signs it was much more fun and a lot better drop rate for something worthwhile...this time after maybe a dozen trade orders i still have not got one strange drop...some coloured clothing yes...and in the dungeons the map drops probably better....

Lets lets get onto part 3 ......and really enjoyed step 1 and 2 ....the miners and the caretaker key...both do-able by any char ......now lets talk about about the sea bit....that starts in sunken vesper......this is impossible without a fisher and an endless supply of mib's......all shards are sold out of mibs...if u havent got a fisher u will have to do some serious kraken killing.... to get say a dozen... but still then u need a fisher with 70 skill to fish up the chests!!!...

THIS will make part 4 pointless/irrelevant .....prob the best part fighting the Titans too....SO PLEASE DEVS like u did in earlier zippy quest chains tweal the arc and make the fishing part zero skill for fishing up the reward ......not everyone wil have a fisher and a lot will get stuck at this point...

please for the common sense alone...these quest arcs are fun but should be doable by anyone...yes a lot of folks will have a full array of skills.... some folks are retired they play UO 12 hour a day.... other folks maybe grab a hour of UO here and there...when they have time out of real life......please make this quest chain enjoyable for ALL people who play UO
Part 3 gives you a deco pyramid and a useful gem that anyone can click. If you know someone that has one you can get the slayer property on your weapon.

You can do part 4 right now even if you have not done anything else.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to throw out a tip for anyone who might be struggling with getting all of the items from Part 2. When it comes time to cast the spells in Part 3, you can always borrow another player's Pagan spellbook that contains the spell you need. So if you're like me and got oodles of Grant Peace and Intervention spells and despaired of ever getting the Summon Perihelion spell, don't waste time trying to get it if you still need other stuff (e.g., the darn staff for Kalen). Just borrow a friend's Pagan spellbook. Also, it really doesn't seem to matter which of your characters collects the various items. Apparently being the character that turns everything into Mythran grants that character no special powers. They just have to be strong enough to carry the stone base and parts home again so an obelisk can be assembled. The only snags you are likely to run into if you are trying to get multiples of anything are that each character seems to be able to cast each spell from the Pagan spellbook only once in a 24-hour period.

Also, as far as we know at this point, owning an obelisk also doesn't seem to grant your characters any special powers either. It's the using of the obelisk that puts the Pagan Titan Slayer property on equipped items for a short period every day. So if you don't get to put together an obelisk, it looks at this point as if you will still be able to finish the arc as long as you know someone who will let you use their obelisk when necessary. You just won't have an obelisk to put in your home.

I hope this info helps. It would have been nice if we'd known some of it a bit earlier so people who don't have a lot of time to play didn't despair of being able to participate in the rest of the event arc.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The whole thing so far is valuable only to some anyway. How is a slayer property going to help a tamer who relies on pet damage? Or a mystic who relies on RCs?

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or... co-operate with other players and have someone fish for you. Most of my guildmates don't have fishing. But they are working to supply me with SOSs while I fish up the staves for them. And getting SOSs isn't that hard. Treasure hunting, fishing nets, even the salvage hooks from the Ararat quest will pull up krakens with MiBs. Turn it into a guild event of grab a few friends and toss nets.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The whole thing so far is valuable only to some anyway. How is a slayer property going to help a tamer who relies on pet damage? Or a mystic who relies on RCs?
A mystic could still add the slayer property their spell book. A tamer could always have the pet lick the green gem. Or eat it. Yeah, that should work too. You'll be able to get that gem back in a day or two :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well you could go the other route too - My fisherman is now over half a million turn-in points from all the MiB's I've fished up getting staffs. ;)
I only throw things away on ONE character and ONE character only... He's a crafter. I don't even throw away things on other shards except very occasionally to get a sorcerers suit or something... but having gone though and spent probably close to 300M in points over the years and I'm not exagerating... FYI you can only keep 10M at a time in there. I don't like to get over 6 or 7... Currently sitting at a cool 5 M in points... that isn't really that special to me. One could blow half a million in points on just 2 dyes...

I also got another chest or two full of crap gathering T-Maps and digging them up.... I've increased my relic fragment horde by at least 2 or 3k... not to mention the hordes of supplies (Mostly pinks and dang dragon scales) off of turning in all the 100's of trade deals.

I'm just saying if the idea of all this was to get us to use up hordes of stuff stored in 1 lockdown Davies lockers win..... if the idea was for us to get rid of hordes of things.... LOSE. I added a half a house worth of lockdowns.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A mystic could still add the slayer property their spell book. A tamer could always have the pet lick the green gem. Or eat it. Yeah, that should work too. You'll be able to get that gem back in a day or two :D
If I have a slayer mystic spellbook, would the RCs do extra slayer damage? If so, I've never considered that

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, please. I actually found some Mib, but have no fishing. I'm not looking forward to grinding out 65 fishing just to do this quest.

Reactions: THP

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, please. I actually found some Mib, but have no fishing. I'm not looking forward to grinding out 65 fishing just to do this quest.
Ive seen one and heard of 2 more that got the staff on their 2nd MIB. Maybe youll be lucky.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or... co-operate with other players and have someone fish for you. Most of my guildmates don't have fishing. But they are working to supply me with SOSs while I fish up the staves for them. And getting SOSs isn't that hard. Treasure hunting, fishing nets, even the salvage hooks from the Ararat quest will pull up krakens with MiBs. Turn it into a guild event of grab a few friends and toss nets.
Except if its taken you 40-100 mibs to get one staff (yes, I know NUMEROUS fishers this has happened to), th odds of you helping someone else out with the quest will be low.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except if its taken you 40-100 mibs to get one staff (yes, I know NUMEROUS fishers this has happened to), th odds of you helping someone else out with the quest will be low.
It's taken me ~200-250 now and I have gotten I think around nine staves. Yes, I have had long stretches where I get nothing, but I keep going because I want to help. I could easily have said no after I got mine, but instead I decided to suck it up and help out.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive seen one and heard of 2 more that got the staff on their 2nd MIB. Maybe youll be lucky.
Hope so. I hope I get two so I can give one to someone else. Cause the difficulty getting this item is waaaaay out of whack with the rest of the quest.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since I'm pretty much a crafter, resource gatherer and a fisher I have a hard time doing any of the arc. I have crap loads of MIBs but I just can't convince myself too open them.

Dang hoarding!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
listen if i started the zippy quest its a good 2 hour grind in the pits ....and its no guarantee ..yes u can fish up mibs.... but can u fish up the chest with the current arc stave in ..with 0 fishing.... it not a hrd request.... its a simple can u twirk the arc so anyone can fish up the stave.... hell ... this is supposed to be fun.....but there are heaps of folks without gm fishers and gm treasure hunters...iam all for a little team work ...hell i can ask folks to decode few treasure maps... and i can dig up the treasure....BUT i cant ask someone to go drop me 30 mibs and bring back a stave... and even if i had 30 mibs it would be pointless trying on a 47 skill fisher...yes sadly i found fishing very boring and gave in...... then again... its all to do with UO playtime... it like many i simply havent got time to train skills i dont particular enjoy...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and on the flip side.... not being able to do the fisher part of the arc in part 3.......,means one missing part of the 4 parts needed .......means no oberlisk to fight the titans in part 4.....unless i wanna fork out 100m-150m [yes look on atlantic search]....no no no..... fullstop... means the up coming part 4 is defunct...for me and quite a few others.....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
and on the flip side.... not being able to do the fisher part of the arc in part 3.......,means one missing part of the 4 parts needed .......means no oberlisk to fight the titans in part 4.....unless i wanna fork out 100m-150m [yes look on atlantic search]....no no no..... fullstop... means the up coming part 4 is defunct...for me and quite a few others.....
You forgot an option.. use an Obelisk that belongs to someone else who has it set to public. There are several around including this one on Atlantic...

Pagan Titan Slayer - A PSA and Public Use Way To Get It

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of us would like our own...but thanks to the ridiculously low drop rate we are now out of a stash of sos's, and no staff...

Nice event Kyronix...makes me really want to do another.
[/sarcasm]

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just don't get why. I mean nothing else in the events has been prohibitively hard. Some grindy, but nothing outlandish like this. Like the other parts of this quest basically any developed player or underdeveloped with friends willing to help can do no problem... but I mean that vast majority of us don't have 100 mib just sitting in a box collecting dust. I just don't understand the reasoning behind making it not only require Mibs (which would be enough difficulty I think) but make the drop rate so stupidly low. It should be no worse than 20% drop chance, but it seems more like 5%.

Just makes no sense. If you want to make people grind it out, just provide us with the item so no one gets left out. Like the scavenging hooks. Requiring a fairly uncommon item and a very low drop rate was just a bad idea.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did at least 50 and didn't get staff. Wish it was 5%
Yeah I mean honestly... I don't see how it wasn't obvious that people needing dozens and dozens of mibs would cause a lot of annoyance and potentially keep a lot of people from completing the quest. It's just spoiling an otherwise nicely done quest chain.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I bought one on Atl for 3M Use gen chat. Some nice person may give you a deal.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drop rate on those staffs is what is KILLING every bit of enjoyment of this for me. On siege I had 55 mibs to start, got the first staff at mib 8, then did it for my other char and 50mibs later finally got one.

Am currently doing it on Oceania to get one obelisk on there and after 37 mibs I am still trying to get the staff. @Kyronix you seriously need to fix this. It shouldn't take more than 10 mibs being fished up to get the staff. I would of offered to get staffs for guild/alliance people without fishers but frankly I want a life that doesn't involve sitting fishing up mibs day in day out for such an abysmal drop rate. I have 19 mibs left on oceania, if I don't get the damn staff on those will mean I have fished up 56 mibs for nothing.

Sad as it could of been fun, instead it is now nothing but a huge huge grind fest and not much fun at ALL.

Edit: UP to 60 mibs now. I am seriously getting pissed off.

You guys have managed to take something I liked doing and turned it into something I now am starting to hate with a vengeance. Thanks for that.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop rate on those staffs is what is KILLING every bit of enjoyment of this for me. On siege I had 55 mibs to start, got the first staff at mib 8, then did it for my other char and 50mibs later finally got one.

Am currently doing it on Oceania to get one obelisk on there and after 37 mibs I am still trying to get the staff. @Kyronix you seriously need to fix this. It shouldn't take more than 10 mibs being fished up to get the staff. I would of offered to get staffs for guild/alliance people without fishers but frankly I want a life that doesn't involve sitting fishing up mibs day in day out for such an abysmal drop rate. I have 19 mibs left on oceania, if I don't get the damn staff on those will mean I have fished up 56 mibs for nothing.

Sad as it could of been fun, instead it is now nothing but a huge huge grind fest and not much fun at ALL.

Edit: UP to 60 mibs now. I am seriously getting pissed off.

You guys have managed to take something I liked doing and turned it into something I now am starting to hate with a vengeance. Thanks for that.
Don't feel bad I burned through my 70 MIBs on Siege and Nothing, not even much fished up junk to trash as I pulled all but a few chest up on the first cast. went through 40 on pacific I managed to pull off Krakens and Serps and then transferred a character with another 125 MIBs and 125 Colored nets from GL to Pac.......... I have a dozen MIBs left after burning through the 125 and however many I pulled from the nets........ Didn't keep track. If I don't get the damn thing with the MIBs I have left this event is done for me. And already if making me think I should have just been selling the MIBs instead of wasting 2 days fishing up chest......... But hey I got a bunch of Kelp legs, dresses, valkry armor and bows.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
70 on Siege + 40 initially on pac + another 125 transf to pac + another roughly 40 from nets transferred to pac so around 275 MIBs and I finally get the staff with 2 MIBs left to spare. Seriously that was crazy Now consider if the person doing it didn't have a hoard of nets and MIBs and was not on of the lucky ones to get the damn staff in less 50 MIBs.............. Really needs to be some kind of cap on how many chest fished up before you get the staff, otherwise this is a dead end for quite a few folks.

staff.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grats! Way to hang in there. We UO folks are tenacious lol
Was hoping I would get another on the last two mibs to give to someone else, since they were only a screen away from the one I got the staff from but no dice :( It will probably be a year or better before I can even look at a net or a MIB again though LOL