• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with classic ships?

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I've been using one of the classic ships to fish up SOSs the last few days, and have had no trouble recalling back to the ship using the ship key and a recall scroll.

But today, no matter what I try, I get the message that the location is blocked.

I have completely cleared the ship, and even emptied and drydocked, then replaced the ship, and I still get the message when attempting to recall that the location is blocked.

Anyone else having issues?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep to the point I threw that ship in a crate and bought another one. Strangely when I took it out of the crate on another character to make a between islands run it worked fine.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, I've been using one of the classic ships to fish up SOSs the last few days, and have had no trouble recalling back to the ship using the ship key and a recall scroll.

But today, no matter what I try, I get the message that the location is blocked.

I have completely cleared the ship, and even emptied and drydocked, then replaced the ship, and I still get the message when attempting to recall that the location is blocked.

Anyone else having issues?

Well if it is Siege I can see why you might have a problem recalling! hehehehe

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if it is Siege I can see why you might have a problem recalling! hehehehe
LOL mine was on Siege but could not gate off the key, one of my little houses on a tiny island that is a very long sail from Port Tyr Island and not much better running to the Southern Coast from Trinsics Moongate. LOL and the one house of mine not in the Tele tile network or rather was not in the network until last night :) LOL forgot a blank rune so gated back to the keep to get one and then couldn't gate back to the ship off the key, so buy another ship on another acct test the gate on the key, and sail it South Dry dock the other ship, toss it in a box, mark the rune and gate back to the keep to lock the rune down while I dug through boxes until I found a set of tiles. Just glad I left the boat next to the island instead of out in the middle of the ocean, those little boats ain't cheap on Siege!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Been doing mibs from my little boat for days, no problem at all here. Sounds like a bad ship...:confused:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Mine keeps trying to sink when I recall off it, it's like it took battle damage

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you refesh it? Or just use it? Have to open plank to refresh it at least once a week.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine keeps trying to sink when I recall off it, it's like it took battle damage
A pre high seas boat or one of the newer ships? I had a tokuno ship that was obviously bugged, when I crossed a server line it looked to be just above scuttled and moved at emergency repair speeds. Cross back over the server line and it ws all shiny and pristine, cross over again and it was a wreck again. And that started when I recalled off of it to get more charges after a fight. That ship never worked right again after that. Still have in a box somewhere on Origin.