• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flickering Mouse

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We have 4 PCs that access and play UO ....

I'm using CC.

One PC - mine does this mouse flicker thing, its driving me insane. The mouse pointer/finger flashes at rapid speed side to side when I hover over any of the p/doll jewellery holder squares. It does EVERYTIME it also does it at any 'active' section in the game, like if I have to select a gump option

I have tried running mouse if different thread, I have tried updating the mouse driver, I have deleted the mouse driver, I have swapped the mouse and it still does it ...

Can anyone help ?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Umm... I would try to help.. but I honestly opened the thread thinking some kind of new statue was available.. and that is about the extent of my computer skills sadly.. Good luck with that problem though, has to be a pita..

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You mentioned 4 PCs... does it do it on all the PCs?

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nope just the one ... it has to be a setting somewhere ...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can turn it off on windows 7, but you can't remove it on windows 10.

search for
"adjust the appearance and performance of windows"

uncheck "enable desktop composition"

Last edited:
Reactions: Pix

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's not that, then make sure in UO options, under interface you check
"Run mouse in a separate thread", but i image you're using windows 10 and you can't remove the mouse flickering on CC.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Udate bios
2. Update chipset drivers
3. Update grapic card driver

Try thoose 3 steps, - I suspect it is in your gpu driver - but doesnt harm to perform the 2 other steps too.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
OMG Mervyn ...

There was no adjust desktop composition; but in the section/option box that you directed me to (Performance Options - Visual Effects) Win 10.

I checked: Adjust for best performance ... and it worked no more flashing mouse !!!!!!!!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
OMG Mervyn ...

There was no adjust desktop composition; but in the section/option box that you directed me to (Performance Options - Visual Effects) Win 10.

I checked: Adjust for best performance ... and it worked no more flashing mouse !!!!!!!!
A picture of that where to see it would be good, just in case other like me need to know. Thanks, I am still trying to learn all I can of this win 10 for two years. I think for an old fart I m doing good then I see a post like this and I go whoa! Where is that and how do I get that etc..

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh that's interesting. So perhaps the feature is there, but sort of hidden in windows 10.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Dump:

Adjust for best performance into your windows start search ... Im running Win10 but on a shell so it looks like Win7.

Adjust the appearance and performance of windows.JPG Performance Options.JPG