• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help doing shattered obelisk on a red

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't seem to find the Herald in fel, can anyone tell me where he's located?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably not in Fel since they stand by the City Stones and there aren't any in Fel. You also couldn't get the new maps in the Fel dungeons so my guess this is a tram based arc.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably not in Fel since they stand by the City Stones and there aren't any in Fel. You also couldn't get the new maps in the Fel dungeons so my guess this is a tram based arc.
Yes, it's Tram-based.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since it's only in Trammel, the only way your red could participate is by using a royal forged pardon to turn blue again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't seem to find the Herald in fel, can anyone tell me where he's located?

Looks like you have a new campaign to take to the Devs. Dont they have royal pardons? Problem solved but that wont stop you. Ill let you kill my toon on whatever shard so you can turn red again.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is another a clear example of Messana being unfit to lead.

Stratics users often claim that the majority of players don't want a challenging game or to compete. But over the years, i think what is more of the case is that the players that do wish to compete, have moved on to other games. And Messana is only catering for the social justice warriors.

You can't even do this quest in fel? Red players are now being encouraged to play blues for the town buffs and you can't even participate in the content that you have paid your subsciption for.

The underworld under the lycaem is actually there in fel i don't know why they didn't set up the quest in fel, i noticed it months ago on the maps, so it's not like it was a last minute thing.

Messana wants to turn this game into Everquest so her and her friends only play. And complete exclude the rest of the gaming population. No wonder so many people have left this game. Messana has surrounded herself with yes men SJWs.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And Messana is only catering for the social justice warriors.

Messana has surrounded herself with yes men SJWs.
:eyes:

Dude.. turn the tv and talk radio off...

Catering to a wide fan base does not mean she is catering to sjw's.. last I checked her and the team catered to the reds in Fel and the PvP crowd quite a bit... and last I checked there were a HECK of a lot more blues than reds in game.. and as others have said, that royal forged pardon will turn ya blue in a millisecond.. do the quest.. and ya can go back red in under 3 minutes I bet..

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like i said, there are only blues left as the majority of fel players have left, surely it's more important to try and get quantity of subscribers over quality? She's left with only blue subscribers.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I dunno man.. I can only base it off of what I see on Atlantic and the only reason there are not that many reds left on Atlantic is because they eat pardons so they can come to Tram and troll folks lol

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:eyes:

Dude.. turn the tv and talk radio off...

Catering to a wide fan base does not mean she is catering to sjw's.. last I checked her and the team catered to the reds in Fel and the PvP crowd quite a bit... and last I checked there were a HECK of a lot more blues than reds in game.. and as others have said, that royal forged pardon will turn ya blue in a millisecond.. do the quest.. and ya can go back red in under 3 minutes I bet..
Ding ding ding. On Atl, I have a mystic/weaver mage I used for spawns. At one point, I took him out of vvv to make him Red & keep him that way. Unfortunately, it didn't work out how I planned, because I was constantly flagging Orange and got tired of it, so I made that permanent. And later ate a Royal Pardon to go Blue again (which I've also done for other characters, often more than once.)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The risk vs. reward argument Felucca players frequently mention about powerscrolls coming from Felucca champion spawns applies here too....

A red character is considered a murderer and a hunted criminal according to the lore of the game. Criminals are not given the same benefits the normal citizens of a country/world would get.

So you risk losing the benefits of being in Trammel and participating in stuff like this, when you claim the reward of killing people in Felucca. If you don't like that, there are ways around it like pardons, or you can just have a dedicated blue character on your account to do stuff like this with.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it was a rhetorical question, just pointing out Messana's bubble that she's surrounded herself in. Basically just created a whole team to cater for her and her friends to play and not the rest of the gaming community.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it was a rhetorical question, just pointing out Messana's bubble that she's surrounded herself in. Basically just created a whole team to cater for her and her friends to play and not the rest of the gaming community.
How do I become one of her friends? They clearly dont want pets in Fel.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Scary thing is I rather agree with you on some of it... I see no reason and I think Dot and I agreed that you should be able to do at least part 2 in FEL getting the Maps in the 3 dungeons and digging them up in FEL and it should have given you a bonus like double the rewards in the chest for doing it in FEL and As far as I'm concerned you should have been able to do some of the stuff from week 3 in Fel...

Outside of week ones extreme grindfest of boredom most of this stuff could have been and should have been able to be done in Fel should one have chosen... I don't think you are wrong... I just think that sometimes they forget about that facet... or want to because everyone complains about Fel.

But this goes along with my belief that VvV ought to allow Town Buffs and such as well... There really is no reason for that and champ spawns in Tram ought to give PS. Since Protection wouldn't work in Tram you don't get "extra" scrolls in Tram... so you double your winnings in Fel... just like everything else with double resources and such. But that's my opinion.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Murderers cannot join the thieves guild, murderers should not be able to join VvV since everyone is always orange. Play a straight up red with actual stat loss that comes with dying as part of being a murderer. I am sure you remember having to work off those murder counts before you got a res back in the day and all. Or sometimes it was just easier to delete that murderer and make a new character with the same name because who had 2000 hours to stay logged in as a ghost for a year before a res. Sad fact reds are obsolete besides people having one to keep justice topped off and everyone knows it. Uninstall UO and play a console game with that mentality.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uninstall UO and play a console game with that mentality.
How about you Uninstall your browser?

The issue is not really about doing the quest on a red, I would prefer to do the quest in fel, even on a blue, as in trammel people can troll you so easily by killing the seashells quicker than you.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah because people haven't been griefing people enough during this event in TRAM.....I can just see all the OMG THE PKS ARE CAMPING THE QUICKSILVER ELEMENTALS I CANT FINISH MY QUEST...OMG PEOPLE ARE LEAVING AMBUSHER SPAWN ALL OVER THE ROAD SO THEY CAN PK ME AND TAKE MY STUFF.....OMG I CANT KILL PERIHILIEON CUS PKS ARE CAMPING THE DEMON TEMPLE......

Seriously.....I think they hear enough whining as it is.....now I don't have a T-Hunter on Siege....but I have been trying to collect maps and kill Ambushers...thankfully Siege has a fairly nice community...I can't IMAGINE doing this event in Fel on a shard like Atlantic....sorry guys but it's true....sorry Merv! You know I love ya! I totally get your point....but stop and think for a minute :/

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's no such thing as trolling in fel, it's only possible in guardzones. If pkers camp somewhere, you kill the pkers. That is what the game is...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I don't subscribe to the particulars of some of the arguments being made here, buzzword pejorative terms and the like, I don't see why it can't be in fel too.