• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trade Order Bug/Possible Exploit.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, my character is stuck in a Trade Order loop/bug. Please bear with me this is a long one.....

I died during an order -got new order and was tossing items from the lost trade order into the trashcan because I had 80 items in my pack ( aprons, tunics etc). While I was doing this I accidentally tossed the new Trade Order crate into the garbage too - but a gump popped up (that ended up being useless) asking if I wanted to do that as it would permanently destroy the item. As I was answering the gump - the trashcan ate the Trade order crate anyway.

I tried to get a new Trade Order and I was told I already had one. I paged hit the Help button. Then I walked into the woods, stripped and figured that if I got killed...Trade Order over...problem solved. Smacked a troll, he almost had me at dead then I get ambushed. Here's where it gets crazy.

The Ambushers killed me (hooray!!! My trade order ordeal should be over!) I ran, got rezzed and then went back to kill off the ambush spawn because I don't like leaving the burning cart mess in front of people's houses.

As I was killing the ambushers off...I get the "you see a curious item on the body" message....If I died then the Trade Order is done and you shouldn't get that message.... There was an item on the corpse.

So, now I am killing the spawn off from the First Ambush (who should theoretically have my crate already -IF- I hadn't died...and I get ambushed AGAIN. So now I have two sets of Ambushers saying they have my crate at the same time. And I get the curious item message again.

I kill the First Ambush - and I should get my crate back (remember I threw it in the Britain garbage can)...and I get the message: "Your backpack was too full to return your stolen trade order so it was lost."

Great! So then the Trade Order quest should be done! I finish killing off the SECOND ambush that appeared during the first ambush...get another curious item message...and then get ambushed again (Third group of ambushers for a crate that doesn't exist). I kill the second ambushers off....get the same message again ---
"Your backpack was too full to return your stolen trade order so it was lost."

I try to recall. I can't apparently I am still under the TRADE ORDER rule despite two messages saying it was lost, despite the 2nd group of ambushers grabbing it from the first set as I was fighting both???? lol

There were 4 curious items in a matter of 5 minutes which is more that I've gotten in 5 hours of trade routes...

So HELP! I waited 3 days for a solution once when I paged Help and then gave up....My character cannot do anything. I need to be unstuck. And either the RNG decided to absolutely adore me at this moment or it's a way to get the curious goods.

Thank you!

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup, once your character is glitched to where it thinks you have a trade order, but you don't. You can still get ambushed and still get drops. You still can't recall, teleport, etc until you fix your glitched character, but really there is no benefit to doing this. The drop rate isn't higher, ambushers aren't higher. So in the end it's no different than having an empty trade order in your bag to get drops. I've already submitted 2 other ways to accomplish this.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, once your character is glitched to where it thinks you have a trade order, but you don't. You can still get ambushed and still get drops. You still can't recall, teleport, etc until you fix your glitched character, but really there is no benefit to doing this. The drop rate isn't higher, ambushers aren't higher. So in the end it's no different than having an empty trade order in your bag to get drops. I've already submitted 2 other ways to accomplish this.
I missed those 2 ways you speak of, could you please post a link? I'm desperate :please: