• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Um...what??

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So I am out finding treasure...and I have a map right about..here....this was NOT here yesterday as I had a map close to this location.....

Anyone else see this on any of their shards???

It's west of Brit on the crossroads to Skara/Yew....

WHATTHEHECK.jpg

And when I say right about here??

yepp.jpg

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the islands in Vesper are now flooded and the farms in Britain are on fire.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nevermind...I found out what it is ;) Can't tell though...is a secret!

Atropos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna look on Sonoma, Ive been in Vesper trying to figure out if this part of town has been flooded or if its new, don't remember seeing this yesterday

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of the islands in Vesper are now flooded and the farms in Britain are on fire.
A farm is on fire on LS. I was told it was an event and they left it that way.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh my! That's a lot of water!!! Wonder what's going on?

The next part is going to be active tomorrow..might be that! Interesting!!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm gonna look on Sonoma, Ive been in Vesper trying to figure out if this part of town has been flooded or if its new, don't remember seeing this yesterday
Its like that on LS. I never go to that spot. Not sure if it was always that way.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Oh crap.. someone hacked Vesper to East Texas :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The fishing part of the arc. :D

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The fishing part of the arc. :D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fishing!!!

I have 117 fishing..hope that's enough! lol

Though I don't know if I want anything we'd catch in Vesper....I hear it's kinda polluted :/ lol

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just checked and we don't have the cool circle on LA. But yep our farms are on fire and our city is flooded.

brit farm.jpg brit farm field.jpg save the messenger.jpg

Also found this guy.

quest giver.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL at the water tile on top of the town cryer..that's hilarious.

Someone throw him a life ring!

Atropos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sooo on Sonoma in Skara theres a crack in the ground near the vet/stable, have I missed something in the past or is that new, n I feel bad asking since Ive played for ages but never get to participate in the events

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Am I the only one who kinda wants to blow up another UO town.. magencia style :D
lol nope.. and the town I would pick (outside of Luna lol) would be Vesper. That town is a pita with all them bridges.

Atropos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it is, last time I really hung out there was during the Ophidian invasion, yeahhhhh its not an awesome hang out

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yepp. Was the last time I hung out there too. Try to run from a Berzerker only to find yourself boxed in by the water because you turned to wrong way coming off the steps... then .. dead.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else see this on any of their shards???
Could not find it on Cats yet. This was found in the Brit Swamp today by a guildmate doing tmaps. Dunno if it's an old EM Event item or not. If it's an EM thing it is ancient.

zxxccry1.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The thing I posted is part of our EM event tonight..didn't want to let the cat ot of the bag early lol.

Screenshot_21.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Could not find it on Cats yet. This was found in the Brit Swamp today by a guildmate doing tmaps. Dunno if it's an old EM Event item or not. If it's an EM thing it is ancient.

View attachment 71309
Oh interesting!

I'll have to check that out after the event!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yepp. Was the last time I hung out there too. Try to run from a Berzerker only to find yourself boxed in by the water because you turned to wrong way coming off the steps... then .. dead.
Britain had some rather inconvenient spots during the invasions too... there is an art studio building that has stairs leading down into a basement, and there are a few doors in between the outside and the basement. When the Britain invasion started I was caught completely off-guard so ran in there and down into the basement to avoid being killed.

Well... after a few minutes someone else showed up in the basement. Then more people. After a while there were like 30 of us stuck in this basement. I went back up to the top of stairs and realized that due to so many people running in there to escape monsters, there were now 50+ monsters stuck in between the various doors of the house and outside the front door. If anyone tried to escape, they would have to run through all those monsters, open all the doors, and break through the large gathering of monsters outside as well, all without dying, which was pretty much impossible.

Even worse, there was only one door left between the monsters and our basement colony, so if anyone else tried to open the door to get down there, the horde or monsters would charge down the stairs and kill us all. So we discussed it with our fellow basement refugees, and came to the conclusion that it was only a matter of time until someone else opened the door and got us all killed. We figured we had a better chance if all 30+ of us charged out of the basement at the same time, and with so many people we would get the doors opened before we were all dead.

We opened the door and charged, making it all the way to the front door with only about 30% losses. Then we saw that our plan had been doomed to fail all along. Right outside the last door, the boss creature of the invasion was waiting... it was too late to turn back, and someone had already opened the front door.... the boss and the remaining creatures guarding the door slaughtered us all the second we walked outside. Every single person died just trying to walk the 15 steps needed to escape from our basement prison.

A GM happened to be watching the boss at the time and saw the whole thing. Our corpses were everywhere, both in and outside the house, like a scene from a serial killer movie.

The GM was so impressed that he locked down a statue engraved "In honor of the basement brigade. They may have died, but they were basement dwellers no longer."

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm I saw a necromancer but he had nothing to say to me...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They are probably turning all the shards on now...though it is quite early I did talk to Kalen yesterday but he didn't have anything for me....yet ;)

I don't think Origin has gone down for maintenance yet but I will speak with him again later ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Some strange necromancers in vesper now giving out quests ;)
They are probably turning all the shards on now...though it is quite early I did talk to Kalen yesterday but he didn't have anything for me....yet ;)

I don't think Origin has gone down for maintenance yet but I will speak with him again later ;)

Kalen still not giving quest and no new paper yet on Atlantic... *goes back to waiting*

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That necromancer has been on PAC for a week the flooding and fires at Brit farms is new
Still no new paper or quest on PAC yet

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Kalen still not giving quest and no new paper yet on Atlantic... *goes back to waiting*
Yeah I just wasted some time doing a trade run....from vesper taking the LONG way around to Trinsic....12 Ambushes, 1 Scourge....still need those elusive 3 items!!!! GRRR

Waiting at the bank in Vesper......staring at the city herald....intently.....~stares~

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oki....Changes also active on Drachenfels - Vesper is flooded, and some of the fields and farms near Britain are burning. No new newspaper on DF also..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oki....Changes also active on Drachenfels - Vesper is flooded, and some of the fields and farms near Britain are burning. No new newspaper on DF also..
They just announced on uo.com the content is active on Origin and Eurpoa.. as they monitor the content on those shards they will activate it on others..

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They just announced on uo.com the content is active on Origin and Eurpoa.. as they monitor the content on those shards they will activate it on others..
Oh... Oki:); thx. But interesting is also that on the long trade I even did was only one ambush *thinking* very odd ;)
I hope they did not change this or will reactivate - still missing 3 items from the brigands (Boline, Ritual Tome and Herbs).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh... Oki:); thx. But interesting is also that on the long trade I even did was only one ambush *thinking* very odd ;)
I hope they did not change this or will reactivate - still missing 3 items from the brigands (Boline, Ritual Tome and Herbs).
Nah.. they said all parts would be available until Part 5 hits on Sept 28th. So we have a while.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Let's not blow up Vesper, it's the only city NOT in VvV, besides Malas' and Tokuno cities on Siege.