• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug Report: Pets Stopped Responding to Kill Command

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak
Not sure if this is related to the pets going wild issue or something separate, but I wanted to note an issue that reoccurred tonight over multiple logins.

Shard: Siege Perilous
Time: 630 PM CDT and again at 930 PM CDT
Issue: My 120 natural taming / lore toon, my guildmates tamer, and my second account mage (using summoned Earth Elementals) could not get our pets / summoned eles to attack the Mysterious Obelisk health bar on an Adept Treasure map (new ones for the quest).

On previous days we did several with this same mix of toons with no issue, but none of the three, when using All Kill command, could convince the pets to attack the obelisk. This issue affected our Cu, our Fire Beetle, and our summoned Earth Elementals. Ultimately we just had all three toons hit it with spellbooks (for a whopping 4 damage a pop) until it finally died.

Later, with same info above, I used the same Cu from earlier with the same toon, and it refused to listen to any All Kill commands. In fact, even when a monster aggroed the Cu, it would not move toward the monster but instead wait to attack after the monster walked to it. I have had this Cu / character combo for many years and never seen this behavior.

A final detail I'll note is that even though I spammed All Kill, All Guard Me, All Follow Me, the Cu was "going blue" frequently, sometimes just seconds after a command. This has me concerned that he was on the verge of going wild (in a very bad place to try and retame) so I stabled him.

Have there been any recent changes affecting pet behavior in this way?

Thanks!

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also ran into this problem the other day on Siege when I was doing the Belfry.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's like that other problem where your pet won't move just stands there will take commands but won't move.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak
Not sure if this is related to the pets going wild issue or something separate, but I wanted to note an issue that reoccurred tonight over multiple logins.

Issue: My 120 natural taming / lore toon, my guildmates tamer, and my second account mage (using summoned Earth Elementals) could not get our pets / summoned eles to attack the Mysterious Obelisk health bar on an Adept Treasure map (new ones for the quest).

On previous days we did several with this same mix of toons with no issue, but none of the three, when using All Kill command, could convince the pets to attack the obelisk. This issue affected our Cu, our Fire Beetle, and our summoned Earth Elementals. Ultimately we just had all three toons hit it with spellbooks (for a whopping 4 damage a pop) until it finally died.

Later, with same info above, I used the same Cu from earlier with the same toon, and it refused to listen to any All Kill commands. In fact, even when a monster aggroed the Cu, it would not move toward the monster but instead wait to attack after the monster walked to it. I have had this Cu / character combo for many years and never seen this behavior.

A final detail I'll note is that even though I spammed All Kill, All Guard Me, All Follow Me, the Cu was "going blue" frequently, sometimes just seconds after a command. This has me concerned that he was on the verge of going wild (in a very bad place to try and retame) so I stabled him.

Thanks!
The second issue is not related to the first. Rideable pets will freeze sometimes. You have to feed them or mount them again to get them to start obeying. This was going on before the pet revamp.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The second issue is not related to the first. Rideable pets will freeze sometimes. You have to feed them or mount them again to get them to start obeying. This was going on before the pet revamp.
I have had it happen in the last week with greater dragons and frost dragons.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix @Bleak

Thanks!
Usually they go blue if you accidentally attack them, they will ignore commands frequently when they do that. Which client are you using i have had this problem frequently with EC(the targeting keeps screwing up).

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have had it happen in the last week with greater dragons and frost dragons.
I always thought this was a mount/dismount bug (where the pet locks in place because the program is telling it is mounted), though if unrideable pets are doing it then it may be something else. Any info on when/how they locked up? also out of curiosity which client are you using?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I notice spell-casters will ~lock~ down and just stand there casting instead of physically attacking..I don't think that's a bad thing!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always thought this was a mount/dismount bug (where the pet locks in place because the program is telling it is mounted), though if unrideable pets are doing it then it may be something else. Any info on when/how they locked up? also out of curiosity which client are you using?
It has happened a couple of times while delivering trade orders since the new event arc happened. Tamer and pet were walking along or were finished with killing ambushers and ready to move on, and the pet would just freeze and be unresponsive to commands.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It has happened a couple of times while delivering trade orders since the new event arc happened. Tamer and pet were walking along or were finished with killing ambushers and ready to move on, and the pet would just freeze and be unresponsive to commands.
Have had similar happen, but in my case they would lock onto a dead target. Usually i kill mob but pet still thinks it's alive and kicking and freezes up, I'm guessing pet didn't get updated(hmm... this seems similar to mount/dismount bug)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have had similar happen, but in my case they would lock onto a dead target. Usually i kill mob but pet still thinks it's alive and kicking and freezes up, I'm guessing pet didn't get updated(hmm... this seems similar to mount/dismount bug)
I think that's what happens to mine as well... it doesn't know the mob is dead so it won't move.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have noticed and questioned my frost dragon going blue almost always. it only turns green when I feed it or let it attack something. So every ambush I am skinning something to feed it. I have plenty of skill to make it listen and sometimes it ignores me and "chomps" and doesn't move. I took my dreadmare out to fight today and it was going blue uncharacteristically often too.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I had this problem just after Pub 97 with my Cu and ONLY my Cu. She goes BLUE (as we are in a guild and usually green) and she refuses ALL commands. I feed her and check her loyalty. This seemed to ONLY happen when I was training her Resist spells at Mesanna's house specters.