• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items being sold on vendor 2 months before event goes live??

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been away awhile and was just walking around and window shopping. I came across a few items on a vendor I liked and googled them just to see how you get them (is it a quest, it is kill something?) just to check before I paid millions for them. Anyway...

The items on the vendor are supposed to come from the Halloween Event that hasn't gone live yet. It's slated to start October 1st, 2017 - so is it (the event) already running? And if not, how are the items already being sold and how were they obtained if the event hasn't started yet? Thanks in advance for answers.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assume this is because the turn in rewards are already available on the list, and the points from the Doom and Kotl events count towards those as well. So anyone with extra points is able to redeem foe them early.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been away awhile and was just walking around and window shopping. I came across a few items on a vendor I liked and googled them just to see how you get them (is it a quest, it is kill something?) just to check before I paid millions for them. Anyway...

The items on the vendor are supposed to come from the Halloween Event that hasn't gone live yet. It's slated to start October 1st, 2017 - so is it (the event) already running? And if not, how are the items already being sold and how were they obtained if the event hasn't started yet? Thanks in advance for answers.
The points from the previous Kotl one carried over (Intentionally).

I think its lame personally. Wish the NPC's hadn't been available until it actually started.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The items you will supposedly get from the Halloween Dungeon Event 10-1-17.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The upcoming Halloween content is slated to take place in the Sorcerer's Dungeon in Ilsh. It will work the same as the Doom event and Kotl City event where you kill mobs to get drops to turn in for goodies.

IF you had points or items left over from either of the aforementioned events, when they turned on the 20th Anny Arc, the turn-in NPC for the Sorcerer's dungeon items was also put in place...SO if you had points, you turn them in and get Halloween stuff in August!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ah, so doom drops can count towards this one too?

Thank you all !!
Yep!

I don't think they MEANT to put the NPC there....but since it was being tested on TC for awhile, when the publish went live, of course people are gonna go check out stuff that was on TC and lo and behold the npc was there on live shards....a bit of an oopsy on the Dev's part I think but it doesn't do anyone any harm..and personally I would like Halloween to be a year round thing ;)

I only have 27 points so unfortunately have to wait until October to get my Jack's Bag o Tricks :(