• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trade Window Bug/Scam

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As some of you might be aware there is a bug/scam going around ATL recently when people are editing their prices after you click OK. I was hit with it today. Luckly it was only a few mil but others have lost 10's of millions. What is happening is people are typing in the amount of gold then when you click ok, they delete 0's and hit ok, causing you to lose out on the remaining gold.
Now I have tried to do it with the Classic Client with my alt and cant seem to duplicate it so Im assuming it has to do with the Enhanced Client that is allowing people to edit prices after you have clicked ok.
This is just to give everyone a heads up and hopefully get this fixed soon.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This really needs to be fixed as soon as possible, it makes doing any trade a potential scam, and there is absolutely no way to protect against it since you've already clicked the accept button.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What needs to happen is a bug report sent to the DEVs ASAP.... and maybe a @Kyronix, @Mesanna and @Bleak might help as well... can't hurt.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If the person paying clicks OK first no scam can be done, right?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That should be true, although if the trade is with a scammer they would just close the trade box and reopen it again to catch the other person off guard, and hope it works the second time.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have not seen it myself but have heard something about them being able to "un-click", drop the zero(s) and then click again all within a millisecond right after you click... if that is true I would guess one heck of a script.. and will give ya one guess which Insulting Deceitful Old Character is at the forefront of it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
maybe we are overthinking this, why not just buy from a Vendor and save the hassle of having to worry about this?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
maybe we are overthinking this, why not just buy from a Vendor and save the hassle of having to worry about this?
Not everyone has a vendor, they are pretty difficult to get sometimes for a trade if you don't have your house on that shard or know someone willing to rent you one for a few minutes.

If someone in chat is willing to sell it cheaper than the vendors, but has no vendor themselves, it creates a bad situation with this bug going around.

Plus there are items worth more than 175m being traded daily too.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look if this is a scam that a few low life's have found to cheat the best way to avert this is use a vendor...
Most of you know the high end sellers and most do have vendors.
If they refuse to vendor it ... tell them sorry need it on a vendor.
Remember that we been asked to use vendor's for the duped transfer items... this should be a no brainer.
CC or EC use a vendor. If no vendor is used..... your taking your money for a Russian roulette ride.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never used a broker but if you have a bad gut feeling or it seems to good I would recommend one for sure.

I guess I have been lucky so far with the people I have done trades with, never been scammed.

At the same time only deal with reputable players and sometimes pay more for items but at least I know I'm not going to get burned.

Years ago I got screwed out of 100mil (today's gold it's a joke) from someone I didn't know and his competitor steeped in and helped me to get it back I learned then it's better to only trust those you know even if you have to wait and be patient.

I'm sure the person I'm referring to knows I'm talking about him, everyone here I'm sure does.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No it seems to be done if the seller clicks OK first. The are not clicking OK then unclicking, they wait for you to click OK then delete digits and click OK so they are paying 3M for a 30M item. I dont see how they are deleting the digits if I already clicked OK. When I tested it with my alt, My alt couldnt do anything but click OK. I had to unclick OK from the seller account in order to change the amount on buyer account. Mind you I'm using CC so I cant test it in EC. If someone is playing EC and wants to test it out and let the devs know so we can get it fixed.

Aeneas

Adventurer
This is pathetic. I never understand someone who scams someone else for ~10 or so million in-game gold (one 0 in 100m trade). Quite frankly, it's around $1 to put thing in perspective.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is pathetic. I never understand someone who scams someone else for ~10 or so million in-game gold (one 0 in 100m trade). Quite frankly, it's around $1 to put thing in perspective.
Um. The loss would be 90 million... 100 minus a zero is 10. Which means the person is getting 10 instead of 100.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Scamming with a bug is bad. Scamming without a bug and just skill is good. :p I can't believe this is just now coming out. The new trade window has been out for a while.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless it was fixed last night, it looks like something else is going on or we really need commas in the gold amounts. I tried EC to EC and while I was able to 'drop a zero' after the item trader had checked the box, a message appeared saying 'Unable to modify a trade marked accepted' and the original proper amount was traded. Same when the money was going from the EC to CC. When both were CC or the cash was going from the CC to EC, I was unable to drop a zero or make a change at all.

The test was done changing 100 to 10 gp, and not in the millions and the item was a filled BOD that was properly exchanged as well.