• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa M&G tonight

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not gonna make tonight's meet and greet on my home shard at 9pm as I'm working till 10pm.
Can somebody ask about bod book item count please, lower it to 1 since we now carry 8 different bod books ect.
Or make them work like SoT books being locked down.
Also ask them to restore the Phoenix to its former glory and stop looking like a unicorn puke dipped turkey.

Thanks

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not gonna make tonight's meet and greet on my home shard at 9pm as I'm working till 10pm.
Can somebody ask about bod book item count please, lower it to 1 since we now carry 8 different bod books ect.
Also ask them to restore the Phoenix to its former glory and stop looking like a unicorn puke dipped turkey.

Thanks
Hi Slayvite,, I will ask about the BOD book change request, great idea btw.
As for the Phoenix, I happen to like unicorn puke, so will not help you there. :stir:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crap. I forgot about the time diff, I will be picking up grandkids from school.

Hopefully there will be a transcript...

And I too, would like bod books to work locked down as well.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone ask about progress with sorting out the EC problems with the client locking up when corpses go public (mainly em events). Also about the client locking up with the explosion effects.

Anyone going to ask how the new account management is coming along?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could someone ask about progress with sorting out the EC problems with the client locking up when corpses go public (mainly em events). Also about the client locking up with the explosion effects.

Anyone going to ask how the new account management is coming along?
If the devs respond with "We're unable to reproduce this", tell them to use 10+ clients (Not in Party) earning looting rights on something like Lady Mel.
(the more clients, the easier it is to reproduce)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the devs respond with "We're unable to reproduce this", tell them to use 10+ clients (Not in Party) earning looting rights on something like Lady Mel.
(the more clients, the easier it is to reproduce)
Or just come to the next event and open a public corpse with the EC...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thank you for posting this, I was just about to!

20 minutes from now, hope to see you there!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The fact that they haven't yet done that is an example of extreme laziness.
So long as they don't they can deny it's an issue... I don't think it's laziness it's just like ostrich stick your head in the sand and pretend the issue doesn't exist... they can continue to deny that it's a problem and keep telling themselves they have "fixed" it by making it list view... which DOESN'T WORK... and keep denying it and say it's all "Pincos"... if we were all using the default we wouldn't have a problem... etc...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Thanks

BOD books.not at this time....it's different if it was locked down but not in your pack.....first question :/

WE NEED IT TO BE IN THE PACK SO WE CAN TAKE BODS OUT.....UGH :/

BODISsue.jpg

Anyway..there's your answer

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BOD books.not at this time....it's different if it was locked down but not in your pack.....first question :/

WE NEED IT TO BE IN THE PACK SO WE CAN TAKE BODS OUT.....UGH :/

View attachment 71253

Anyway..there's your answer
In order for them to fully understand the issue they'd have to actually play the game .... since they don't really play and this is obvious... in any way and certainly not in the EC either... they will never understand why these problems are so bad...

They don't do bods and have never had to totally empty out their packs in order to put a book in them... so they don't get it and won't get it.

They will probably tell you to just use more books (wasting more lock downs) .... then they will fit in your pack... *rolls eyes*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh and before I forget @Mesanna!

I was serious about those boots you can leave them right here:
upload_2017-8-28_17-9-33.png

Just pick a spot... lock them down they would go wonderfully right in the center somewhere! Remember that's GL's... 3rd floor Balcony... 3rd teleporter from the left downstairs takes you right to the collection!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wow Mal..you weren't kidding!

Nice collection!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That shoe collection proves must people's stereotypes about females....
Just saying lol

Anyway that is total awesome!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
In regards to the BOD book issue....now I know Mesanna probably won't read this but I know Kyronix will because he's good like that.

Maybe they need more of an example to understand the problems us crafters have.

Now, I know she's said in the past...or someone said..that we're not supposed to Horde the BOD's, we're supposed to fill them and turn them in! Well..DUH! Silly....we know that! BUT we have to keep them because we have larges to fill..and some of us (~Points to self~) do not bribe....SO....I collect my allotted BOD's a day and hope to get a small to fill one of my larges.....in the meantime I have to put them somewhere!

I don't use BOD vendors for storage either.

SO...as a crafter I tend to have the tools of my trade in my backpack all the time....shovel, tinker tools, sewing kit, scissors, salvage bag along with my runebooks and various talismens.

So say I want to get a BOD out of one of my books that's full or near full....in this picture I am carrying JUST my runebooks and a few other items, I emptied out almost everything else.

PrettyEmpty.jpg

I am at 30 out of 125 items..all good..but remember I emptied my back a bit!

Now I went and got some BOD books that total 447 BODS...a full book is 500 right?

FullBOD.jpg

In this picture I put my tools back as well....now if I had a full book..it wouldn't work...I would have to empty out my pack of almost EVERYTHING just to get ONE BOD out of a book...ONE BOD!

Now if Mesanna doesn't want them to be a 1-item thing inside a backpack...fine.....BUT do us a favor then...make it so we can get BOD's out of a book while it's locked down! THAT would help us crafters SO MUCH!

As of right now, we HAVE to have the book in our pack to get a BOD out.....please PLEASE @Kyronix tell our great lady of our troubles and make BOD's retrievable while the books are locked down!!! For all crafters everywhere we beseech thee!!!

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In regards to the BOD book issue....now I know Mesanna probably won't read this but I know Kyronix will because he's good like that.

Now, I know she's said in the past...or someone said..that we're not supposed to Horde the BOD's, we're supposed to fill them and turn them in! Well..DUH! Silly....we know that! BUT we have to keep them because we have larges to fill..and some of us (~Points to self~) do not bribe....SO....I collect my allotted BOD's a day and hope to get a small to fill one of my larges.....in the meantime I have to put them somewhere!

SO...as a crafter I tend to have the tools of my trade in my backpack all the time....shovel, tinker tools, sewing kit, scissors, salvage bag along with my runebooks and various talismens.

So say I want to get a BOD out of one of my books that's full or near full....in this picture I am carrying JUST my runebooks and a few other items, I emptied out almost everything else.

View attachment 71259

Now I went and got some BOD books that total 447 BODS...a full book is 500 right?

View attachment 71257

In this picture I put my tools back as well....now if I had a full book..it wouldn't work...I would have to empty out my pack of almost EVERYTHING just to get ONE BOD out of a book...ONE BOD!

Now if Mesanna doesn't want them to be a 1-item thing inside a backpack...fine.....BUT do us a favor then...make it so we can get BOD's out of a book while it's locked down! THAT would help us crafters SO MUCH!

As of right now, we HAVE to have the book in our pack to get a BOD out.....please PLEASE @Kyronix tell our great lady of our troubles and make BOD's retrievable while the books are locked down!!! For all crafters everywhere we beseech thee!!!
About as clear as clear can be Larisa - and as a crafter, how often is my backpack as empty as that... never! More for the access to locked down books, and the sooner the better!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In order for them to fully understand the issue they'd have to actually play the game .... since they don't really play and this is obvious... in any way and certainly not in the EC either... they will never understand why these problems are so bad...

They don't do bods and have never had to totally empty out their packs in order to put a book in them... so they don't get it and won't get it.

They will probably tell you to just use more books (wasting more lock downs) .... then they will fit in your pack... *rolls eyes*
When the new BOD system dropped, the devs said they didn't want us hoarding the BODs and thus the point system.

Then they neutered the point banking system into worthlessness, making us have to continue hoarding to actually get the rewards WE WANT. Filling an LBOD is still a massive PITA for most skills...and now that we have eight to collect...the hoarding can only get worse.

UO is supported by CDO hoarders, the devs really need to come to accept and plan for that.

Just like we weren't supposed to hoard the items in the obelisk chests... RIGHT :lol::coco:

*wanders off mumbling things to herself*

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I was serious about those boots you can leave them right here:
Ah! So it was YOUUU with the boots fetish?! Brought a smile for sure! :)
As for the BODs, while we certainly wouldn't object to the suggested change, we just use our unravel-imbuer with a nearly empty pack to get BOD from the very full books. We are just thankful there are BODbooks, as we remember the days before them!
Asked 7 Q's on 5 chars, happy with most responses! Pity about the not-stackable chocolate stuff though...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ah! So it was YOUUU with the boots fetish?! Brought a smile for sure! :)
As for the BODs, while we certainly wouldn't object to the suggested change, we just use our unravel-imbuer with a nearly empty pack to get BOD from the very full books. We are just thankful there are BODbooks, as we remember the days before them!
Asked 7 Q's on 5 chars, happy with most responses! Pity about the not-stackable chocolate stuff though...
Guilty as charged... I'd horde them IRL but I don't like to clutter up my house. Hording in UO is perfect... no house clutter.

UO should be marketed to Horders to fill their craving to horde and end their hording IRL... Give them a proper outlet... though curing the underlying problem is probably more preferable...

As for the boots I've always loved UO Thigh Boots... they are so awesome! Worn some since my first days in UO... AoS made them all that much more desirable ... You think that's bad though you should see my collection of 100% weapons. What can I say I like the pretty colors.

Malag before they came out with those awful boots in the Doom Event used to always wear a pair of the Thigh Boots you get off of the mobs in the Citadel... special colored they are... I still have several pairs of those... But I love the names on many of the AoS boots. I don't really collect any other AoS clothing items... just the Boots.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 71259

View attachment 71257

I agree with you about bods. it would be nice if I can sort with book locked down. I limit the bods in a book between 309 to 314.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So according to Kyronix we don't even need all 11 of those items from part one of the story arc, I feel stupid now for wasting so much time trying to gather these items up, especially with the frustrating drop rate, I spent hours every day and I'm still only 5/11!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I still need the elusive Folded Stole, Wand and Goblet..I WILL GET THEM! Even if we don't need them the collector in me NEEDS the full set :/

I will have the transcript up soon, just putting the finishing touches on it...I honestly didn't think he'd answer that question, he likes to keep people guessing lol.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I got the feeling he was trying very hard NOT to answer! But if we had been led to believe for weeks we needed all of them and then found out we didn't need ANY I think some people might have imploded...:eek:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ya one Sonoma/[PAS] player has been in the Hospital, before the start of this, she been worried she going to miss all the good stuff. Or worse not be able to finish. She is to be released sometime this week.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got the feeling he was trying very hard NOT to answer! But if we had been led to believe for weeks we needed all of them and then found out we didn't need ANY I think some people might have imploded...:eek:
Agreed!!

He might have gotten Ambushed at the party next month ;) lol

Just glad he did answer it so the people who really aren't into collecting can stop torturing themselves!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah that....pretty much how most people feel I'm sure!

Transcript will be up soon but basically the items are supposed to give hints as to who the ambushers are....pentagram-adorned wand...trapped soul....dried incense....hints to magic that we've never seen before....kinda gives a direction to the Arc...but that's all they are..just clues.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ya one Sonoma/[PAS] player has been in the Hospital, before the start of this, she been worried she going to miss all the good stuff. Or worse not be able to finish. She is to be released sometime this week.
Hope she will be feeling better soon! At least she won't have to worry over part one, part two is another matter, damn you red candles! :mad:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I wonder who many candles we are going to need
I would like to keep some for deco

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So according to Kyronix we don't even need all 11 of those items from part one of the story arc, I feel stupid now for wasting so much time trying to gather these items up, especially with the frustrating drop rate, I spent hours every day and I'm still only 5/11!
Oh, I thought that was already known.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It wasn't known for an absolute fact, just suspected! :D

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What about Merv's hostile questions?
Yeah poor ~Pervyn~ LOL

To kinda take his side though..not sure what Mesanna was on about regarding Kindling??

But I do know that if I am doing the roof or some other dangerous thing and my pet is about to die? I run away and log out to save it :/

Kinda prolly shouldn't do that..but I do!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Larisa well since Messana admitted she uses it in a slightly dodgy way too, I don't blame you! You do what you have to do.... ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As she said it's only an Exploit if the DEV's say it is... it isn't.

So there is that.

As for the items doesn't matter if we don't "need" them for the event arc... as a player even if he is a DEV Kyronix should know that most die hard players will feel they "NEED" a full set of the items... regardless of use.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
What about Merv's hostile questions?
There is always an exception to the rule lol... but he was not as abrasive as he has been in the past. So I gotta give him props there. Much like the dude who laid two tunics on the ground and asked them if they could tell what was wrong... yeah slightly rude but not highly rude and aggressive like some in the past thankfully.

Good thing I ain't a Dev cause I would have said, "not a damn thing, inherent bonuses are not meant to be on there.. or do you think we should also put 'stamina loss' on the ones which cause that as well? Because you could easily be looking at 40+ lines of text when looting and we ain't going there. Should we also include a line saying 'Hey, you can enhance this with Spined and add X or Barbed and add Y.. NOPE!"...

"Well what about new players?"

"Let them read a little or they will eventually come in contact with a vet who will let them know."