• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

trade order drop rate is unreal

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
40 ambushes on my trade runs today.
I got... a gate travel spell out of one of the ambushers. That is all I got to show in terms of stuff looted from their bodies.
Oh, and almost 2K dragon scales of various colours!

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL
cool, we all know how highly desired those scales are!! :/

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yay... finally! I have a whole set. On the 94th drop I got the Stole I needed... no more trade runs for me!!! :)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is the goblet a blessed item, or just a plain goblet without a description?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay... finally! I have a whole set. On the 94th drop I got the Stole I needed... no more trade runs for me!!! :)
Well, now you can start working on getting maps for Part 2. Just beware that it looks today as if the map drop rate has been severely nerfed.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if something changed but today ive been getting all the rarer drops... maybe I'm just super lucky but I got the rolled map, boline, dried incense, and scourge... I'm so amazed.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I finally got a drop today.
A soul trapped in a phylactery... of which I already have 3. Yay and stuff...
We better NOT need one of each at the final arc or there will be blood.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finally got a drop today.
A soul trapped in a phylactery... of which I already have 3. Yay and stuff...
We better NOT need one of each at the final arc or there will be blood.
Ditto, except it was the 6th one. Drop rate for rare ones is depressing.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ditto, except it was the 6th one. Drop rate for rare ones is depressing.
Depressing is putting it light. It should have a 100% drop rate at the first ambush for each trade quest and decrease from there.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perish the thought they would turn the drop rate up where everyone could easily have the tokens of the 20th anniversary arc...

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i think the devs did just fine on the 2 phases so far. most items are so easy to get, much easy than the past, but don't drop like candy. drop rate is fine. there's plenty of time to get what u want. its just do u feel like doing. for some it may be boring, others would rather do something else. u can get pinks, resources, signs, ect... plus a possible rare item. I wish I knew if the 2 phases are worth doing? will these items be used for something? or will they be junk items? just my opinions

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went 70 ambushes in a row without an item and then got the amulet which I have 5 of. I have 7 out of the 11 drops but have spent hours and hours doing it. No longer enjoyable. The 2nd part is so much better. Spent an hour in Destard, got 8-10 maps (2's,3',4's & 5') and then doing them and getting something in each and every chest plus the cool new graphic when the chest spawns. Already have a full set of stuff plus lots of extras.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure if something changed but today ive been getting all the rarer drops... maybe I'm just super lucky but I got the rolled map, boline, dried incense, and scourge... I'm so amazed.
I also have been lucky today - somebody suggested hanging around the New Magincia moongate, so I did and got 8 ambushes and 3 drops in a hour, all new items for me. Is there something about the NM gate?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I ended up getting two drops today. Two phylacteries, though. =_=
Out of 70+ ambushes. At least I will never run out of dragon scales now...

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragon scales are great for turn in points at the library. what 5pts. per? 20k turn in points

I did three trade routes today, one to trinsic and two into minoc walked slow and hid a lot and did circles in clearings and cast invisibility on self and waited and walked some more. I got ambushed 6 times before I got bored and turned the trade orders in. two phylacteries and a demonic necklace, not what I wanted but for a 20 minute investment not bad. I check all the raiders thoroughly because the message does not show all the time and I double click every item..just to be safe. If you really want to get raided more walk to trinsic when doing a minoc trade order then...... walk to minoc. I did 50 plus trade orders the first day active got more than my share, yet still do not have (all) the items... i will have to trade i am sure to get the last two things.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may want to try the routes out of prime times as well. I seem to get my best results early in the day and late at night....

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why do some folks know that items form part 2 are going to be used in part 3...
Because the scrolls make it a bit obvious, though they may not be use until p4. The quest chain was also active on TC1 for a few days...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I ended up getting two drops today. Two phylacteries, though. =_=
Out of 70+ ambushes. At least I will never run out of dragon scales now...
At least this confirms that the ambushes haven't stopped, as some were fearing - I got ambushed 15 times in about a half hour between Britain and Trinsic, so at least that part's good

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least this confirms that the ambushes haven't stopped, as some were fearing - I got ambushed 15 times in about a half hour between Britain and Trinsic, so at least that part's good
I found that I get about 10-12 ambushes fairly quickly per trade box. If I don't get an ambush within about 8-10 mins, and I know I've gotten quite a few on that trade quest...I fill the trade, and turn it in, DON'T cancel it. Then start fresh with a new trade box. Rinse and repeat with no problems.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i think the devs did just fine on the 2 phases so far. most items are so easy to get, much easy than the past, but don't drop like candy. drop rate is fine. there's plenty of time to get what u want. its just do u feel like doing. for some it may be boring, others would rather do something else. u can get pinks, resources, signs, ect... plus a possible rare item. I wish I knew if the 2 phases are worth doing? will these items be used for something? or will they be junk items? just my opinions
Still time if I didn't have to eat or sleep or work maybe... and had 24/7 to devote to running 10 accounts contiunually doing Trade quests... maybe... but doing them in the small window of time I have between work, eat and sleep on one character at a time..... NO there is NOT enough time... I've done them every moment I've been able and still haven't gotten the chalice or Tome... Starting to doubt I ever will.... got another phylactery... making that 9... and 10 amulets...

But got 2 drops in a row this afternoon soon as I logged in.... then nothing....

Then I had to go to work where I'll be all evening... tomorrow I'll grind some more but honestly it's boring as hell and I would rather be doing something else... but if I want the last two items I'll have to grind away at this with whatever free time I have and quite frankly.... I think it stinks... much preferred doing the T-Maps... was done with that and got everything I wanted in less than a day. Had a great time doing it... save the 2 maps in the center of some swamplands... that was stressful... but otherwise even with a death or two had FUN ..... grinding out trade quests which I've done for years now... is more of a chore than it is fun. Feels like work.