• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No Ambushers for me, anyone else ?

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No problem when this second part started but past four days nothing on two different chars, walked from Trinsic to Vesper over a 2 hour period and not a single ambush, as if the drop rate wasn't low enough as it is.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are those that would be envious of you. I've not had your experience to answer your question though.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maps have dried up in Destard and Deceit...at least for me

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Maps have dried up in Destard and Deceit...at least for me
Have not been there today, though yesterday i got about 20 in an hour(2's and 3's mostly 2's). What is your current drop rate? did it go bad just starting today?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah stayed an hour for one map, deceit 30 min or so for none...called it a day

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I just spent an hour walking backwards and forwards, up and down those roads, had quite a few ambushes but no items again.

Bobo of Atlantic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to know how to get the arc maps...been to jhlome talked to the guy,but he don't have any....

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I would like to know how to get the arc maps...been to jhlome talked to the guy,but he don't have any....
Gotta read what he says....he mentions 3 specific places :)

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can get about 5-7 ambush spawns per char then it seems to stop till the next day... very annoying. 5-7 spawns might sound like a lot but don't worry no drops.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
yeah stayed an hour for one map, deceit 30 min or so for none...called it a day
Just went back and did for an hour in destard and got 21 maps(15 2's and 6 3's), where are you farming at? I'm in back doing water ele's, drakes, and wyverns.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragons and Greaters...you would think they would have the higher levels and the higher drop rates...didnt even know the water eles dropped em

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can get about 5-7 ambush spawns per char then it seems to stop till the next day... very annoying. 5-7 spawns might sound like a lot but don't worry no drops.
I been keeping track and find between 7 to 13 seems to be the limit for being ambushed... and anywhere from 3 to 7 things ambush you... You would think that those would be good "odds" to getting stuff... however unless you wanted 40 Amulets and 45 of the Phylacteries... not really... though I'll say I have about 5 of the Gorgets... I'm actually ok with having 6 or 7 Phylacteries... but really don't need so many Amulets... I think I'm up to 12 now.

Chances of getting anything else is slim to none... that said I did about 4 or 5 runs yesterday between sleep and work... in my 2 hours... or so... got NOTHING... did it again today finally got another rolled map... I've yet to get a Tome or Chalice.

As I've said before this thing could go on for a whole year and I don't think most of us will see a full set... I just don't have the time to be doing this non-stop...

Sadly the drop rate is just maddening... You get ambushed over and over and over again and it honestly gets depressing... I certainly hope that's not the emotions they wanted to get from this but honestly that's what they give... and I hear over and over from people that the event sucks .... it is the worst ever... they have given up on the BS... and they are fed up.... got sick of trying gave up... and many other things that don't bode well .... many are growing fed up with this becoming the "norm" of late... and growing more and more disgusted with the game... to me that is the biggest issue.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After not getting a drop after 70 ambushes I finally got another amulet. Nothing since then either. I am enjoying the map part at least. 30-60 minutes of killing drakes, wyverns, dragons and greater dragons and get 10 maps. Go do them and get 2 to 3 reagents or scrolls. Candle drop seems a little low, but at least you get something from every chest. Also seem to get more blue scrolls then I recall....

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm happy finishing the trades and filling the city coffers...and getting resources and pinks to boot!

I might not complete a full set of...whatever these items are.....but I will have chests full of resources and pinks so that makes me happy :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm happy finishing the trades and filling the city coffers...and getting resources and pinks to boot!

I might not complete a full set of...whatever these items are.....but I will have chests full of resources and pinks so that makes me happy :)
But you can do that any ole day of the week.... this is my complaint... if you were a good Governor you've been doing it since it came out gaining funds for your city... at least I have been... do several runs a week.... so it's the same ole thing new day... sure the ambushes are different slightly but for the most part it's the same **** new day...

Getting an item... that's what's "exciting" and "fun" but not getting anything over and over and over again is quite honestly making me irritated and disgusted.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just went back and did for an hour in destard and got 21 maps(15 2's and 6 3's), where are you farming at? I'm in back doing water ele's, drakes, and wyverns.
I've been killing off the drakes, wyverns, dragons and greater dragons in that big area as you enter - at least 60 kills in an hour - guess I'd better try where you were
EDIT - Confirmed, got about 10 in a half hour - adept from drakes and expert from water ellies - good tip, @afk

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
gargs in Hythloth have been REALLY good for level 1s for me. Gazers, not nearly as much.

I also got a number of level 4s from demons and level 5s from Balrons.

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I understand that the ambushers that spawn are powered according to the level of the character that's running the quest. It seems to me, though, that the ambushers are geared toward taking down the tamers new five-slot pets that have 600hp or better . I have ran the quest a few times and when the ambushers show up, I have been demolished each time as I can't get anywhere near the mob without getting spell-spammed by the fiery gargs. Bandages are too slow, even at 115 dex, to out-heal the barrage of spells geared to take down high-hp/high-resist pets.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I understand that the ambushers that spawn are powered according to the level of the character that's running the quest. It seems to me, though, that the ambushers are geared toward taking down the tamers new five-slot pets that have 600hp or better . I have ran the quest a few times and when the ambushers show up, I have been demolished each time as I can't get anywhere near the mob without getting spell-spammed by the fiery gargs. Bandages are too slow, even at 115 dex, to out-heal the barrage of spells geared to take down high-hp/high-resist pets.
I don't know I see some folk do it with Sampires... so it has got to be possible... Even doing it with a pet on a tamer I die regularly to those burning Gargoyles.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well decided to try other shards, could Atlantic be overwhelmed ? No problem getting many ambushes and drops elsewhere :)

Never mind, first runs of two other chars on different shards gave me 5-7 ambushes, subsequent run from Trinsic to Vesper led to nothing.

Last edited:

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Done all of mine on an archer, very straightforward. Lure, kill, rinse, repeat. Even with three or more firebreathers it's been quite easy. No deaths and over 50 runs completed.

Less said about the number of drops the better mind...

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
thread was about ambushers. people reply about maps. confusing. 4 my part: no ambushers in 2 days. :( map drop rate good. :) was the intent to shut off part 1? hope not.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find that if you do your trade runs right after server up, the ambushes and the item drop are quite often. After about 4-5 hrs it starts to slow down as more people are doing them by then.