• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

trade order drop rate is unreal

Lady Elvy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have ran them for at least 5 hours a day from the start,and if this bad for me i can only hope at least some othere are having better luck.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, this is about the sixth or 10th post I've seen complaining about the low drop rate of the trade orders, @Kyronix
I wish somebody would say whether the low drop rate is "working as intended" TM because they're supposed to be rare deco items rather than items we will need for the quest.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I still need the stole, Goblet and Wand...though I haven't done any ambushes lately, been diggin up treasure to make sure I have enough stuff for part 3!

Almost there....should have enough so back to ambushing I go lol :/

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still need the Goblet... working this quest till my fingers are stiff and my eyeballs are dry and my wrists are sore and still NO Goblet or Tome!!!!!...

Going crazy trying to get them... got the Scourge X 2 to drive Dot insane... but can't seem to get that TOME!!!!!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I have this to say in 2 days my time is limited between work and eat and sleep but I have been doing as many runs as I can.... the last 4 runs have produced absolutely NOTHING...

I've gone from Vesper to Moonglow, New Magincia, Trinsic and Britain... getting "Ambushed" 9 to 13 times each trip and have had anywhere from 3 to 7 ambushers... and gotten NOTHING... No strange items.... this is RIDICULOUS @Kyronix... I don't care if these items aren't going to be "needed" you introduce something like this and you KNOW we are going to want it... But you have GOT to admit that this drop rate is TOO LOW. I don't care if this lasted 6 months there is no way we could get even 1 full set. Unless we script it.... I mean seriously do you WANT me to boot up all 13 of my accounts and have them all get a trade run and macro this??? Is that what you guys are going for forcing everyone to cheat??? and Multi-box just to do the events anymore??? Yeah if I cheated and ran more than one account at a time yes I could probably get a full set... but I don't do that. Cut us non-cheaters some slack here...

If I had the time and did this all day every day till the end of the arc I couldn't get all the items... Either increase the number of HUMANS or up the drop rate. Pick one do it... IMO you should make it so at LEAST 2 humans spawn with EACH Ambush... OR Option #3... allow ALL Ambushers to have the chance to spawn any of the items... not just 1 thing...

Seriously this is NOT FUN... it's irritational and aggravating not to mention dull... the T-Maps were 100x more fun and enjoyable and I have all the items from them I need/want... but this... still irksome... NOT a way to make the 20th fun.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have everything cept for stole and dried incense. I have 3 Tomes, 8 bolines, 6 gorgets, 2 scourge. My items are on LS, if anyone wants to trade to complete their sets and mine. :)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, nobody told you you had to get a full set, did they? But you just have to, don't you? :devil:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we have already determined that either Kyronix is into "not fun" or his idea of "fun" is considerably different from mine.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I still need the stole, Goblet and Wand...though I haven't done any ambushes lately, been diggin up treasure to make sure I have enough stuff for part 3!

Almost there....should have enough so back to ambushing I go lol :/
Enough for part 3? How much is enough? Do we need more than one of each item? Thanks.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I've decided this **** isn't worth the headache and hassle. We've been at it how long? And been telling them since day one about this?? And still not even dignified this with a response?

And they can't figure out why their sub numbers arent up... lemme give you a clue-it really isn't the graphics-it's the attitude!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have everything cept for stole and dried incense. I have 3 Tomes, 8 bolines, 6 gorgets, 2 scourge. My items are on LS, if anyone wants to trade to complete their sets and mine. :)
I think you have the most complete set on LS. This drop rate is, as the title says, unreal.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Enough for part 3? How much is enough? Do we need more than one of each item? Thanks.
I have no idea, I'd rather be safe then sorry so I am collecting at least 5 of each item from the chests...and hope that it's enough! Because I still need some of the ambusher items :/

Well except for the spell scrolls, we only need one of those.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have taken a char from 1 line orders to 5 line orders ,with an average of 5 ambushes per order and still have not gotten a boline or scourge.I have over 50 of the others ,there is something really wrong with this.
The crazy thing is that the second part you get something 100% of the time, and not surprisingly, it's more fun. I get that the items from part one are just collectables and from part two are going to be put to use, but still...

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ugh... after almost an entire day of runs here's my breakdown:

Demonic Amulet 25
Phylactery 23
Modified Gorget 10
Goblet 3
Pentagram Wand 3
Boline 3
Dried Incense 3
Ritual Tome 3
Mysterious Rolled Map 2
Scourge 1
Folded Stole 0

Total 76

I'm getting mad. :(

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ugh... after almost an entire day of runs here's my breakdown:

Demonic Amulet 25
Phylactery 23
Modified Gorget 10
Goblet 3
Pentagram Wand 3
Boline 3
Dried Incense 3
Ritual Tome 3
Mysterious Rolled Map 2
Scourge 1
Folded Stole 0

Total 76

I'm getting mad. :(
Hell, if Icould get 76 items in one day, I'd be throwing a party!!!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Combining my drops on two shards, I now have from doing the Part 1 trade orders:

9 soul trapped within a phylactery
8 daemonic amulets
2 goblets
2 dried incense
1 scourge
1 gorget
1 wand
1 tome
1 rolled map
0 stole
0 boline

I took a few days' break from the trade orders to get maps but decided to go back to the trade orders for a bit to see if I could get a complete set of all the items, even if it is split up between two shards. Really beginning to doubt that I'll get the stole or the boline. Getting brigands in the ambushes, but they don't drop anything. Pretty disappointed that this is turning out this way. I'd be more than willing to trade with other players to get a full set, but everyone seems to be having trouble getting all but 2 or 3 of the drops.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well... I mean heck folks.. think about it in relative terms now..

Pagans are into a bunch of weird stuff.. chunks of flesh in armor etc.. I mean they like pain, they love inflicting pain on others..

so the low drop rate is their way of doing that in order to give us some realism to go along with the plot line .. :lick:

with all this double clicking I have been doing.. all I know is my right wrist has not hurt this much since my early teen years o_O

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure why you all keep saying brigands.... 2 of my 5 items have NOT been on brigands.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hell, if Icould get 76 items in one day, I'd be throwing a party!!!
HAHA! Oh, me too! No, this is combined doing them for hours a day, every day since stage 1 started. This post is an update to the earlier one today where I had 56 drops and no stole. ;)

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure why you all keep saying brigands.... 2 of my 5 items have NOT been on brigands.
What drops is dependent on what type of monster it is. Undead drop the phylactery for example. Some of the items are only dropped by brigands (like the stole)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Curious Items* drop.

Brigands: Human.

1) Boline (bone havester)
2) Scourge (stout whip)
3) Ritual Tome (book of truth)
4) Dried Incense (dried herbs) * This item is stack-able, do not stack them or items taken out of the stack lose its double-click function.
5) Goblet (goblet)
6) Folded Stole (towel)
7) Pentagram Adorned Wand (wand)
8) A Mysterious Rolled Map (reverse facing - SoS)

Demon: Daemon, Gargoyle, Fire Gargoyle, Imp, & hell hound? (demon slayer does not work on the hell hound) *I have not gotten a drop from a hell hound yet..

9) A Daemonic Amulet (pendant)

Reptile: Drake, Giant Serpent.

10) An Oddly Modified Gorget (plate gorget)

Undead: Lich, Bone Knight, Mummy, Wraith.

11) A Soul Trapped Within a Phylactery (phylactery) * This item is stack-able, do not stack them or items taken out of the stack lose its double-click function.

unfortunately undead & demons seem to be far more common in the ambushes, while (at least for me...) brigands seem to show up every other ambush... very rarely are there 2-3 brigands out of upto 5 npcs.

I need to run around near a lake where a bunch of those brigands might be swimming to get that missing "Folded Stole" !

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have no idea, I'd rather be safe then sorry so I am collecting at least 5 of each item from the chests...and hope that it's enough! Because I still need some of the ambusher items :/

Well except for the spell scrolls, we only need one of those.
If the spells have the same reagent cost as in

Ultima VIII Pagan

Then you'll need

Grant peace: 1 executioner's cap and 1 blackmoor
Intervention: no reagents
Summon Perihelion: 4 red candles, 1 black candle, 2 obsidian, 1 pumice (plus the commonly available 1 sulforous ash and 1 daemon bone)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If the spells have the same reagent cost as in

Ultima VIII Pagan

Then you'll need

Grant peace: 1 executioner's cap and 1 blackmoor
Intervention: no reagents
Summon Perihelion: 4 red candles, 1 black candle, 2 obsidian, 1 pumice (plus the commonly available 1 sulforous ash and 1 daemon bone)
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DONT SPILLL THE BEANS!!!!!!

But yes...you are correct...I already know just didn't wanna say because I don't wanna spoil it for people but I'm sure there are more, like you, who know the history and lore better then me lol.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am starting to think that these things just don't drop any more.
I haven't seen a single drop since after the first day. And I have been ambushed well over 100 times since.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Spent a couple of hours or so today, husband and I had a lot of ambushes as we were grouped, got 1 gorget and 2 more phylactery for my big pile of those.... *sigh* still never seen some of the items on the list and I've done these every day since it started.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, but if they were required the super low drop rate would probably ruin the later parts of the event for most people.
Yea, that's probably right, although I still wonder if they're some sort of ritualistic garments for some sort of ceremony with the new spells and regeants - maybe low drop rates to combine one of each on each shard - but that's just another possibility

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the plan is that people who really want a full set are supposed to buy their missing items from the scripters.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DONT SPILLL THE BEANS!!!!!!

But yes...you are correct...I already know just didn't wanna say because I don't wanna spoil it for people but I'm sure there are more, like you, who know the history and lore better then me lol.
I don't think it's any big secret that this sounds a lot like Ultima 8 - that was pretty clear from the start

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's any big secret that this sounds a lot like Ultima 8 - that was pretty clear from the start
Yeah but I'm sure not everyone has played it...or even heard of it...I didn't know Ultima was a thing until years after I started playing UO and I have no clue about any of the original games...I'm sure I'm not the only one :/

Anyway...just did 2 trades, 5 ambushes, got an amulet...so far so good :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah but I'm sure not everyone has played it...or even heard of it...I didn't know Ultima was a thing until years after I started playing UO and I have no clue about any of the original games...I'm sure I'm not the only one :/

Anyway...just did 2 trades, 5 ambushes, got an amulet...so far so good :)

LOL Yeah this...Had never heard of Ultima till Online came out and then people ingame were talking about the earlier ones. Always felt like I really missed out on something not playing them, but heck, didnt get a computer till UO came along :/

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL Yeah this...Had never heard of Ultima till Online came out and then people ingame were talking about the earlier ones. Always felt like I really missed out on something not playing them, but heck, didnt get a computer till UO came along :/
Guess that's still why I play UO more like an RPG :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Guess that's still why I play UO more like an RPG :)
I play it that way just cus I love RP....the only one in my guild...but only on my tamer...Maharia was the name of my first ever LARP char....she's got a very intricate back story and I brought that into UO when I started playing....as best as I could anyway.

1 more trade, 8 Ambushes, 2 Trapped Souls :/

LOL at least the items are still dropping....just not getting the ones I still need!

~sighs~

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can still play them if you want to catch up on the old days, I have a disc set I picked up at some point years ago of Ultima 1-9 so they are still out there for sale online. They actually work on modern computers too surprisingly.

I sometimes get the urge and play through one of the old games every once in a while, despite it being a huge graphics shock every time compared to modern games. They also have a lot of bugs just like the old days... but it's worth it.... even though Ultima 9 consistently crashes at least once every 30 minutes throughout the entire game.

Also... if you ever see a beggar in the old games.... run away as fast as possible.... it is a guaranteed crash 100% of the time to talk to that beggar in any of the games. I have no idea why, but it always happens. The first thing I do when getting to Britain is find and kill that beggar with archery from long distance... otherwise he will follow you around the city crashing you endlessly every time he tries to talk.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still play them if you want to catch up on the old days, I have a disc set I picked up at some point years ago of Ultima 1-9 so they are still out there for sale online. They actually work on modern computers too surprisingly.

I sometimes get the urge and play through one of the old games every once in a while, despite it being a huge graphics shock every time compared to modern games. They also have a lot of bugs just like the old days... but it's worth it.... even though Ultima 9 consistently crashes at least once every 30 minutes throughout the entire game.

Also... if you ever see a beggar in the old games.... run away as fast as possible.... it is a guaranteed crash 100% of the time to talk to that beggar in any of the games. I have no idea why, but it always happens. The first thing I do when getting to Britain is find and kill that beggar with archery from long distance... otherwise he will follow you around the city crashing you endlessly every time he tries to talk.
You can buy the whole series on Good Old Games (gog.com) for about $30, or buy them individually.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't remember if the GOG version of Ultima 8 has the latest patches applied to them.
The one that removed the awful plataforming sections of the game.
Those parts were the effing worst in U8.