• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Town Bonus in fel

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's been plenty of thought out ideas in the past... But any chance we'll ever see the "town bonus" in Fel?

I mean realistically you could just mirror the stone for every tram town in fel, so a red/murderor could also utilize it. Tied to the same governor, etc, just two stones, one in fel one in tram.

Could explore options for new system involving dungeons or vvv, etc. But just mirroring the stone to it's fel equivalent would be enough to start with.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's been plenty of thought out ideas in the past... But any chance we'll ever see the "town bonus" in Fel?

I mean realistically you could just mirror the stone for every tram town in fel, so a red/murderor could also utilize it. Tied to the same governor, etc, just two stones, one in fel one in tram.

Could explore options for new system involving dungeons or vvv, etc. But just mirroring the stone to it's fel equivalent would be enough to start with.
Don't be red and you can use the tram bonuses. Your not being disallowed the use of them. You can choose not to be red and you can choose to use a pardon or not. It's nice to have something unique to tram. Like champ spawns are unique to fel.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't be red and you can use the tram bonuses. Your not being disallowed the use of them. You can choose not to be red and you can choose to use a pardon or not. It's nice to have something unique to tram. Like champ spawns are unique to fel.
Shadowguard
Halloween dungeon event
Doom
Dreadhorn
Travesty
Grizzle
Medusa
Stygian Dragon

All unique to Tram. Fel has scrolls. The town bonus doesn't need to be Tram exclusive.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shadowguard
Halloween dungeon event
Doom
Dreadhorn
Travesty
Grizzle
Medusa
Stygian Dragon

All unique to Tram. Fel has scrolls. The town bonus doesn't need to be Tram exclusive.
Has to be drawbacks for being a murderer. This is one of them. Don't kill players or eat a pardon. Seems pretty simple to me.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its just unfortunate to not see any reds anymore, mostly because of town bonuses

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They could compromise and allow 110 power scrolls drop in tram and give fel town buffs ?

Just a thought...

Find some sort of middle ground the good ole days...

Those days seem to be getting further and further apart, now we are left with more and more extremist ........

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a blue pvper/pvmer who plays 90% in Felucca.
(I almost only go to Trammel to access Town Bonus, Luna Mint, Dreadhorn, Shadowguard, Medusa, Halloween Event, Doom, Bedlam, Exodus Dungeon - but I'd rather not).

Felucca should have the same, if not more content than Trammel.

So all of these things;
Shadowguard
Halloween dungeon event
Doom
Dreadhorn
Travesty
Grizzle
Medusa
Stygian Dragon
Illshenar, Eodon
+Town Bonuses
Should possibly be accessible to Feluccan based players.

From a Game concept, the ONLY thing that should not be Accessible to Murderers are the Virtues.
The 8 Virtues could be beefed up a little, modernised a little, and open to Blues in Felucca to give them a slight advantage over Murderers.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They could compromise and allow 110 power scrolls drop in tram and give fel town buffs ?

Just a thought...

Find some sort of middle ground the good ole days...

Those days seem to be getting further and further apart, now we are left with more and more extremist ........

Adding more content to both Trammel & Fel is what's driving UO away from the good ole days, because there's not enough "exclusive content" to each facet.
all of the most rewarding areas are in Eodon & Stygian Abyss (loot-wise). everything in fel is also in Trammel except the primevil lich & abyss infernal spawns...

Reds are penalized enough,

1) Freely attack-able by anyone.
2) cannot be healed by others in guardzone without risking a guardwhack
3) cannot use any of the virtues.
4) cannot use Chivalry reliably...
5) cannot even reach 80% of the content in UO....due to the content being located in non-felucca facets.
6) cannot obtain a town bonus... (hopefully this one gets addressed..)

Powerscrolls dropping in fel doesn't provide any advantages to anyone, thus there should not need to be a "compromise".
everyone Pvpers & Pvmer's alike use powerscrolls, pvm templates can pvp just fine if the player knows what they're doing.

Town Buffs provide advantages against red characters.

Personally, I think the town buff should be usable by anyone in both Tram & fel, but it should cost the player using the buff ~50k gold Each time it's picked up, instead of being paid for by the Governor and generous citizens only.

The buff should also be chosen by the Citizen, not the governor.
Then it doesn't matter which town you choose to be a citizen of, because you could pick whichever one you want and still get the buff you need. instead of choosing a town based on what buff it has on the stone....=X (like most of us do....)

But it's all been said before... I'd be surprised if it happens. (probably already in the backlog that must be 9183409 pages long by now). :D

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@CovenantX

After my Event experience last night, I also believe all Events that drop a 200m item currently for no effort and for free, and currently to "mates" or those in the know, or multi-boxers, or xsharders, should also only be run in Felucca.

It would make the whole Event system cleaner and more honest, right now it is riddled with corruption, the sort of corruption you only get when you are riding on the assured gravy train.

The games Top content should have to be earned through PvP.
That way, it is genuinely earned.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm a blue pvper/pvmer who plays 90% in Felucca.
(I almost only go to Trammel to access Town Bonus, Luna Mint, Dreadhorn, Shadowguard, Medusa, Halloween Event, Doom, Bedlam, Exodus Dungeon - but I'd rather not).

Felucca should have the same, if not more content than Trammel.

So all of these things;
Shadowguard
Halloween dungeon event
Doom
Dreadhorn
Travesty
Grizzle
Medusa
Stygian Dragon
Illshenar, Eodon
+Town Bonuses
Should possibly be accessible to Feluccan based players.

From a Game concept, the ONLY thing that should not be Accessible to Murderers are the Virtues.
The 8 Virtues could be beefed up a little, modernised a little, and open to Blues in Felucca to give them a slight advantage over Murderers.

Far as I'm concerned Fel could have all that crap soon as they put PS and Stat scrolls in Tram.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know you won't like me saying this but on the off chance that someone who didn't know this already is reading this thread:
come to Siege Perilous where your red can go everywhere, can use town bonuses and where everyone outside of guard zone is attackable 100% of the time. No insurance allows you to actually loot your kills too (although it might be a good idea to only loot what you can use to not piss off people more than necessary)

Last edited:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've started building a character on Siege.
It's fun, different rule-set, takes a bit of learning, I already screwed up! :)

My one moan about Siege right now, on my lumberjack - omg my axes keep on breaking, and it's expensive to get more!
Don't change it though, it should of course be this hard, and this much of a challenge.

My 1st mistake was; I did not realise there were no NPC Trainers to 40 skill, so my Bushido character started with 0 Bushido.
Then I found out, you cannot physically train Bushido from 0-25, you have to have it on the starting template - so I was faced with a choice of waiting 7 days to delete the character and start again, or having to find or buy jewellery with 25 bushido skillpoints on it - not easy. 1 Bracelet on VS for 50k gold, which of course I don't have, and no ring for sale.

So, I'm going to learn Spirit Speak in the meantime for healing, then find the Bushido jewels so I can train it.

My character will be;
120 Macer
100 Tactics
100 Resist
100 Parry
100 Bushido - for healing
100 Lumberjack
100 Carpenter for wooden armour and staves.

The concept is to build an Elf, that uses only wooden based armour and staves.
He would be self sufficient, and get the +20 mana bonus.
Not ever going to be the best character for anything, but fun as a concept.
It will be interesting to see how far I can take him.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My 1st mistake was; I did not realise there were no NPC Trainers to 40 skill, so my Bushido character started with 0 Bushido.
Then I found out, you cannot physically train Bushido from 0-25, you have to have it on the starting template - so I was faced with a choice of waiting 7 days to delete the character and start again, or having to find or buy jewellery with 25 bushido skillpoints on it - not easy. 1 Bracelet on VS for 50k gold, which of course I don't have, and no ring for sale.
if you can't find stuff on VS then try general chat. usually people will just give bushido jewellery to you for free.