• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You know you've played too much Ultima Online when...

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When someone keeps talking in the cinema and you wish someone would Squelch them, or you see (Spam Detected, Speech Queued for 0 Seconds)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you log in to do a trade quest, after thinking it MAY be fixed after yesterday, get spawn, realized it's STILL screwed up, and then TRY IT AGAIN!!!!!

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me it is the other way around.. sadly real life spills over into UO on occasion.. like every time I am running around and see that bird name "A Swift" I want to whip out my smart phone and prepare to catch them screwing up... then I remember I am in UO...

(yeah, thought I would see if there is anyone else with a trucking background in here :D )
I have a cousin and he posts the most funniest things, including videos, of swift drivers. Poor fellows.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to start a petition that they change their name to The College in Oregon! I get tired of every time I google something UO they pop up!!! :(
Google tip: "search term" -college

That will help with that.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Either what you said went way over my head, or mine went way over yours. :)
Could be over mine :)

If you put into google:

Refinements uo -university you should get all results for refinements uo but none that have the word university in it.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ah, when I google anything UO I put UO or I get other games too. But my results will encompass UO University of Oregon if I put something like "entry fee" (for prism) or library (for turn in points in Britain) first time I was so confused because it was a FTP server and I was like someone is really into UO!!!

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when the deco in your real life home matches the deco in UO house.
an example would be curtains, vases, and area rugs.
Im not sayn I have done that *rolls eyes*......... but i know a friend who has done it.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When you're running late for a UO player meet-up (RL) trying to find a group of ppl you have never met or seen face-to-face. In a very crowded area hear the word "macro" come from one particular table and know you have the right group.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you make a to-do-list of all the things you have to get done today in UO, so far todays list has 7 items on it.

Last edited: