• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Navrey Hall gone (Atlantic)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They really should just put a public Nav hole on every shard, of course I think they should let houses be placed in the abyss location on shards that had the abyss houses fall. But seriously if a couple of Shards are going to have Nav hole every shard should.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry...??
Why does Atlantic get a public Navery hole?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They should just remove them all. They add to the lazy mentality that is taking over the game.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Navery hole was basically a mistake that a select few had access to as they are mostly hidden in someones house.
The fact that @Mesanna has "rescued" it from a deleted house and now made it public access to everyone on Atlantic is bang out of order.
Other shards have to run their fresh pets and such through the Dungeon to get to Navery, but not on Atlantic??
Open favoritism for one shard over others is not a good move for a Producer of a Game.

I too think they should just be removed from the game or added to ALL shards.
:lame:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Navery hole was basically a mistake that a select few had access to as they are mostly hidden in someones house.
The fact that @Mesanna has "rescued" it from a deleted house and now made it public access to everyone on Atlantic is bang out of order.
Other shards have to run their fresh pets and such through the Dungeon to get to Navery, but not on Atlantic??
Open favoritism for one shard over others is not a good move for a Producer of a Game.

I too think they should just be removed from the game or added to ALL shards.
:lame:

Move to LS we have one. :lame:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Freind has one on PAC but she hasn't been around for a long time and the house is not public anymore

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think its silly to first say all items will be removed with the house, then turn and rescue some of the items.
I know theres narvey holes on other shards aswell, and guess whats gonna happend.
houses go idoc, people transfer items and before you know it theres two narvey holes on atlantic.

So stick to the first comment, that all items with the house will be deleted.

Besides, theres no reason to have a shortcut directly to a boss, its just lazyness not to run really.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I recall right, Clops had four Nav holes. Which is neither here or there. The problem is in taking one and making it for all practical purposes a official public access point. Again if this is going to be done for one shard then it needs to be done for all shards. Personally I think the errors should have been deleted as soon as they were discovered. Short of giving every shard a Official public Nav hole, they should allow rune marking and recalling/gating into Navery thus negating the holes all together. Bottom line is they are just another bug, that should have been fixed. Given most server births serve no more function than rares deco and really change no dynamics within the game, where the hole changes a entire game dynamic for either a select few or everyone depending on the shard. Really comes down to a unfair advantage through the exploitation of a known bug.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa also has one.
Oh i know we have one as i see the same people "appear" in the hole all the time but it's far from a public portal.
I've never heard anyone talk about "where" it is on Europa.
The point is though, if it was in a House on Europa and the house was suddenly gone (for whatever reason) you really think Mesanna would have said "oh don't worry, i'll just pop one here for everybody to use".

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think the errors should have been deleted as soon as they were discovered.
This is what was suppose to happen according to a Meet & Greet after the Clops got busted but yet that is not whats happening. Items are being distributed to people who in Mesanna's eyes are worthy of having them. U can bet that most of these items are still around just given to other collectors of Mesanna's choosing. It has already begun.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is though, if it was in a House on Europa and the house was suddenly gone (for whatever reason) you really think Mesanna would have said "oh don't worry, i'll just pop one here for everybody to use".
I doubt it. I guess she was bombarded with emails about it so decided to take action and save it. I would hope she would do the same on other shards but it would be up to the players to get in contact with her which is what happened on Atlantic.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if Napa still has one, or it's been sold and hijacked to another shard. Perhaps if the EMs of those without a NH could create instead of individual/15/20 drops event, design one with a shard benefiting reward like a public access Navrey Hole. Wouldn't that be a worthwhile goal for our community?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess this just reinforces the fact that Exploits that are in-game due to "bad code" are completely legal now.

Dark Wizard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If I recall right, Clops had four Nav holes.

I thought he sold atleast two of them in months prior to the 'incident'. Pretty sure the buyers have them sitting in bank boxes.

problem is in taking one and making it for all practical purposes a official public access point. Again if this is going to be done for one shard then it needs to be done for all shards.

Everyone else on non-Atlantic shards is not entitled to get something just because Atlantic did. I'm against the "all of us" or "none of us" mentality. Aren't all shards supposed to be unique and have different aspects to them?

Sounds to me like enough people complained and got an answer directly from one of the developers. I don't view this as a problem. This is the type of involvement we need more of from the developers.

Really comes down to a unfair advantage through the exploitation of a known bug.

Bottom line is that it comes down to the producer getting personally involved. It's not an "unfair" advantage and it likely isn't a "bug" that's ever going to be fixed.

Any player in game can play on Atlantic if they choose to, but if they choose not to, that's their decision.

This is what was suppose to happen according to a Meet & Greet after the Clops got busted but yet that is not whats happening. Items are being distributed to people who in Mesanna's eyes are worthy of having them. U can bet that most of these items are still around just given to other collectors of Mesanna's choosing. It has already begun.

What items have been distributed?

This is a wild and unfounded accusation.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? if I could name names I would. Mesanna herself said yesterday on Atlantic that she is giving items from Clops safes to people whos name is on the safe. So items are being distrubuted.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just another bad decision from the games Producer that further divides loyalties and opinions of people and furthers segregation on different shards.
Just delete all shards apart from Atlantic because we will all "choose" to come play there wont we...... :rolleyes: we all know that's her master plan anyway.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Slayvite I think for a lot of people if they had a choice between Atlantic or nothing, they might well choose nothing....:(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Slayvite I think for a lot of people if they had a choice between Atlantic or nothing, they might well choose nothing....:(
Me included, i'll never play on a different shard. Europa is my home and i refuse to even use shard shields, they were the single most worst thing added to the game in its whole history.......well maybe apart from Trammel ;)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? if I could name names I would. Mesanna herself said yesterday on Atlantic that she is giving items from Clops safes to people whos name is on the safe. So items are being distrubuted.
"Names on the safe" meaning they have bid on the items and the amount would of been taken from their gold balance already. This again is fine imo. If she was giving items out to random people for free then yes that's a problem.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She was talking about wall safes. Im sorry if these people are collectors, i highly doubt they would keep their items at someone elses house.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought he sold atleast two of them in months prior to the 'incident'. Pretty sure the buyers have them sitting in bank boxes.

Everyone else on non-Atlantic shards is not entitled to get something just because Atlantic did. I'm against the "all of us" or "none of us" mentality. Aren't all shards supposed to be unique and have different aspects to them?

Sounds to me like enough people complained and got an answer directly from one of the developers. I don't view this as a problem. This is the type of involvement we need more of from the developers.

Bottom line is that it comes down to the producer getting personally involved. It's not an "unfair" advantage and it likely isn't a "bug" that's ever going to be fixed.

Any player in game can play on Atlantic if they choose to, but if they choose not to, that's their decision.

What items have been distributed?

This is a wild and unfounded accusation.
Amazing Fanboy logic there. So what exactly would be the problem then with putting public Nav holes on every shard? As far as each shard being unique they are to a point, this is not something like a EM drop or event. Actually the Lead Producer should never get personally involved, it leads to the favoritism we see between this Lead Produce and certain individuals and guilds and serves only to further divide the community. Atlantic getting a PUBLIC hole and everyone else given a big Mesanna Middle Finger is divisive at best. Just like one person getting special help with account problems and for every one 50 more get ignored. I have about as much interest in playing on the Cess Pool shard of Atlantic as I do of catching a STD. But it would not matter if it were Atlantic or Lake Austin getting the Public Nav hole, it is wrong on multiple levels. Given it is the exploitation of a bug in the first place, the proper course of action would be simply to delete ALL of the holes, there are not that many. Barring that if they are intended and exploits are in fact legal then there should be no problem placing one publicly on every shard as part of the normal game content.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would wholly depend on how special the person on Europa was and how firmly their lips were attached to Mesanna's back side. If they were special enough and the connection tight enough the odds would be good that she would........or just hand it off to the special person on the sly. Can't really get away with the sly on ATL and it being clops as everyone is watching.