• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Today's meet and greet question

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't make it but would someone ask the powers that be to ask the EM's to stop using whatever the hell it is that causes the EC users to sputter to a stop during the Boss fight until they can fix it ? Pretty please, you know, the nukes.
Thank you, thank you very much, I wrote a song about it and a hered I go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad you mentioned that.. I had forgotten all about it, since they no longer get posted and stickied here, and on UO.com are mentioned only as a footnote to another post...
Almost like they dont want me coming :gee:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We've all asked, more than once, they still use it :(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can somebody ask if they are ever gonna make bod books take up just 1 item of your pack limit, the new system has us hoarding thousands more bods until we can make 1 useful L-bod and i'm constantly at max item limit. grrrr.....

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sorry if you want the M&G schedule stickied we could do that...I always post a reminder the day of though I didn't have a chance today until NOW!

10 minutes..on Drach..come one come all!! :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also can somebody ask whats happened to the Castle customization? Do i continue living out of boxes or should i go ahead and unpack. ;)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Okay Messana was asked about the castle design tool, they don't have a fixed date. :(
But she did say that the winners of the castles will also get their other house grandfathered.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Bleak has to put a lot of work into making that tool..and what with the 20th anny stuff coming up I'm thinking we won't see that until near the end of the year if not next year..which is fine by me....take the time to do the 20th anny stuff/halloween/thanksgiving/Christmas etc. etc. ALL that work they STILL have to do.....castles will always be there:)

The grandfathered status is NICE!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak @Mesanna @Kyronix can we get an official ruling to the question people are talking about in chat, namely, can a grandfathered house be ccustomized/recustomized, etc wiithout losing it's status?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay Messana was asked about the castle design tool, they don't have a fixed date. :(
But she did say that the winners of the castles will also get their other house grandfathered.
Wait? i just had to re-read that....
So they will have "both" properties Grandfathered, meaning they are free to buy "another" property also? ie, 3 houses on same account (excluding siege and test)....am i understanding how grandfather houses work correctly?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait? i just had to re-read that....
So they will have "both" properties Grandfathered, meaning they are free to buy "another" property also? ie, 3 houses on same account (excluding siege and test)....am i understanding how grandfather houses work correctly?
I read it as she changed her mind on the castle being grandfatherd and decided to grandfather your current home if you have one.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think if you add another house to the account, it would condemn all prior houses. Least it used to work that way

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I read it as she changed her mind on the castle being grandfatherd and decided to grandfather your current home if you have one.
this is what she said:

[17/08/14][14:14:17] [Mesanna]: not only will the castle I give away be grandfathered
[17/08/14][14:14:17] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: not only will the castle I give away be grandfathered
[17/08/14][14:14:21] [Mesanna]: their current house will be also

So BOTH The current house and Castle will have grandfathered status....clarification on what that means exactly is needed.

I have a castle on Origin...if I happen to win a castle and place it on Siege...both castles become grandfathered to that account....does this mean I can place ANOTHER house? I don't think so but am unsure.

(Yes I will have the full transcript posted soon, just cleaning it up~)

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Yes, they can be. I've done it multiple times. You just can't resize your houses.
This is 100% TRUE
I hope this can answer, YES You can customize any GF house, the only thing you CANT do is resize!!!.

Another thing that YOU CANT do:
People used to say that if you already have an account with a Grandfather house that you could transfer another GF house to the same acc and the answer is NO, DONT DO IT, you will loose the status.
Also another "TIP" if you win and you get both of your houses Grandfather, dont you EVER use that account to place anything or test anything (Other than Test Center), because if you do, you will condemn BOTH GF Houses; As long as you pay for the account, those houses will be GF Forever!!!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes Larisa is right, that is exactly what she said, that both would be grandfathered, I guess those lucky few just got luckier!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes Larisa is right, that is exactly what she said, that both would be grandfathered, I guess those lucky few just got luckier!
This does not sound lucky to me.

Also another "TIP" if you win and you get both of your houses Grandfather, dont you EVER use that account to place anything or test anything (Other than Test Center), because if you do, you will condemn BOTH GF Houses; As long as you pay for the account, those houses will be GF Forever!!!
We always knew the winner could have their old house and the new castle.

I dont see any advantage of both being grandfathered vs just the castle being grandfathered.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This does not sound lucky to me.

We always knew the winner could have their old house and the new castle.

I dont see any advantage of both being grandfathered vs just the castle being grandfathered.
I agree. What would the benifit be? Am I missing something?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I assumed that grandfathered houses didn't count to your total, so is this not the case? I didn't have any houses when grandfathered homes was first a thing....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I assumed that grandfathered houses didn't count to your total, so is this not the case? I didn't have any houses when grandfathered homes was first a thing....
I thought (and I could be wrong) that if you placed a new house the grandfathered one would lose its status...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We need a history lesson from @AtlanticRealtor or someone.

My grandpappy told me that when he was young, you could place more than one house per account. But the lands became crowded and the King made an edict of one house per account. But those homesteaders with more than one house could keep those homes under a Grandfathered Status. There were limitations though. You could not place a new house or change the lot size of a Grandfathered house or it would lose the status and the new rules would take over.

But my Grandpappy said many things.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahhhh I see, thank you, so I am confused then why Messana said it like it was something extra and worth having.... :confused:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought as well, that any housing change to the account cancelled all grandfathering...again, an *official* word woould be nice

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When houses were introduced, you could place as many as you could afford. (Remember, gold was significantly harder to accumulate back then.) Then they changed it so that each character could own one house, then eventually it went down to one house per account...unless you already had multiples. Those houses became grandfathered.

If an account has grandfathered houses, they're all grandfathered.

Mesanna can add houses to an account without setting one into decay (She's done this for various Rares Fests), but those houses are temporary. Since the contest castles are a gift, she is grandfathering your current house and the castle because it's easiest.

Customizing a house has ZERO IMPACT on grandfathered status.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this is what she said:

[17/08/14][14:14:17] [Mesanna]: not only will the castle I give away be grandfathered
[17/08/14][14:14:17] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: not only will the castle I give away be grandfathered
[17/08/14][14:14:21] [Mesanna]: their current house will be also

So BOTH The current house and Castle will have grandfathered status....clarification on what that means exactly is needed.

I have a castle on Origin...if I happen to win a castle and place it on Siege...both castles become grandfathered to that account....does this mean I can place ANOTHER house? I don't think so but am unsure.

(Yes I will have the full transcript posted soon, just cleaning it up~)
Will it be here on UHall or only at the M&G site

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is true Pawain.

I have an account with 39 grandfathered houses that I know of on it. I know that there are 5 on Sonoma, 5 on Pacific, 5 on Lake Superior , 5 on Yamato, 4 on Atlantic and the rest spread out all over.

So if I was lucky enough to win a castle would they re-grandfather all of those 39 houses that I know of? Hehe

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She would have to grandfather your house already that you have, otherwise when you take ownership of the new castle it would condemn it. its pretty straight forward sounding to me. You will not be able to add another hose without condemning both the castle and previous owned house.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She would have to grandfather your house already that you have, otherwise when you take ownership of the new castle it would condemn it. its pretty straight forward sounding to me. You will not be able to add another hose without condemning both the castle and previous owned house.
Some look for a reason to claim "It's Unfair". Even on a give away.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And again, for us house newbies, if you win the grandfathered house or castle and sell it or transfer it to another of your own accounts, it's no longer grandfathered?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what would happen for example if i already owned a normal 18x18 house on prodo shard and a few Grandfathered houses, also another 18x18 on Siege and 1 on test, i then won a castle also?.....
.....it's sounding like "rules" are being changed to suit the "winners" already???
:tinhat:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
anyone snag a full transcript? very surprised UO doesnt do this already and post it to facebook or something.... you know PR skills. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what would happen for example if i already owned a normal 18x18 house on prodo shard and a few Grandfathered houses, also another 18x18 on Siege and 1 on test, i then won a castle also?.....
.....it's sounding like "rules" are being changed to suit the "winners" already???
:tinhat:
You would get the castle also. You really believe the drawings are rigged? Wow. Maybe you should go to the party ask ask them to let you spin the drum and pull out one of the tickets.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would get the castle also. You really believe the drawings are rigged? Wow. Maybe you should go to the party ask ask them to let you spin the drum and pull out one of the tickets.
And what about the 3 for those "not" at the party? you really think they are gonna put everyones email into a drum?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And what about the 3 for those "not" at the party? you really think they are gonna put everyones email into a drum?
Most of the people you think are going to win probably already have a Castle. Chances are, we will never know who wins the email ones because only a small percentage of players post here. They wont give out the email address of the winner.

Im sure they can put the entries in a generator and spit out three of them.

I hope @MalagAste wins. She said she was going to claim the Castle on LS and we can live in it together. :love:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most of the people you think are going to win probably already have a Castle. Chances are, we will never know who wins the email ones because only a small percentage of players post here. They wont give out the email address of the winner.

Im sure they can put the entries in a generator and spit out three of them.

I hope @MalagAste wins. She said she was going to claim the Castle on LS and we can live in it together. :love:

That isn't a horrible idea... I will have to consider long and hard where I put such a thing...