• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pet training with bladeweave

Lyn

Visitor
Could someone pls help, i have heard that they are making changes to the bladeweave on pets. As of now i have a pet with chiv and bladeweave on and its all raising nicely. I want to make some new cu's with like spellweaveing and bladeweave but have been told that bladweave will only go to 40 and you have to raise bushido. I'm slightly confused and if someone could explain better for me before i waste some cu's. Thanks in advance.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the patch notes.
  • Advanced Pet Training Process: Special Move Bladeweave now requires the additional Bushido skill when trained.
Meaning you can no longer have Bladeweave without having Bushido, the More Bushido the pet has then the stronger the bladeweave will be.
I should also point out that Spellweaving isn't required but is in-itself a separate "mage" type of class (VERY hard to increase on players and even harder to get a pet to actually use it as it requires mana which pets burn through using special moves.....like Bladeweave)

I recommend reading the Tamers forum for more help as they test that sort of stuff daily ;)
UO Tamer

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
since you can only have 1 magic on your pet which ever you put on first will be cancelled out by the 2nd.
so if you put spellweaving on then bladeweave which adds bushido then the bushido would kill the spellweaving but youd still loose the points you invested.
much like how you need poisoning (which is a magic skill) to put on venomous bite.

Lyn

Visitor
thanks for the reply yeah i thought i had actually messed up my pet when i put bladweave on it as it had bushido and ninjitsu but found that they come with bladeweave so not messed up lol. i know that spellweaveing is seperate im just trying to find different combinations that work well for a good cu and found that chiv and bladeweave are brill, but ai goo and chiv all though good uses mana alot.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of the moves in the bleadeweave tree require Bushido. So, now they are charging for those.

upload_2017-8-14_13-58-17.png

Out of those moves. Bleed, paralyzing blow and crushing blow have yet to show any damage value on pets.

So, you are hoping to get AI, Mortal, or Feint.

The Bushido on your pet will rise. But if the pet is not from Tokuno, it does not have "real" bushido. It will not do Bushido moves.

A Bushido Hiryu is a great pet. But I have found no benefit from Bladeweave. AI does more damage. 120 Bushido will help the pet block.

What type pet?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A Cu will not get real Bushido or Ninjitsu. I ve made a Bushido Cu, It sits in the stable.

Cus are good pets no matter what you put on them.

They can get an Area damage, special move, and a magic.

I made this one yesterday. Im skilling it now.

upload_2017-8-14_14-37-28.png

Some add Goo also.

Whatever you make will be fine. A cu is a good base pet. The moves add to that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
since you can only have 1 magic on your pet which ever you put on first will be cancelled out by the 2nd.
so if you put spellweaving on then bladeweave which adds bushido then the bushido would kill the spellweaving but youd still loose the points you invested.
much like how you need poisoning (which is a magic skill) to put on venomous bite.
A Cu cant get Bushido or Ninjitsu as a magic ability (the actual category). You can have a Cu or other non tokuno pet with fake bushido and a magic. You will sacrifice HP or Str because you spend 500 extra points.

You can have a real magic ability and a fake magic ability on a Cu.

There's not many combos I don't have in the stable....

upload_2017-8-14_16-2-39.png

You are correct on a Tokuno pet.

Now you have it:

upload_2017-8-14_16-5-56.png

Now you dont:

upload_2017-8-14_16-6-28.png

For my next trick, I will make Pking disappear.

Gav456

Visitor
Old thread, I know, so apologies. Just wondering then... Which of the bladeweave moves will a cu perform if it can only have fake busdhido? and will having bushido offer anything else other than allowing bladeweave? I had rather hoped it would serve as a way of replacing bleed with AI so that I could add other stuff without being penalised for bleed which sucks.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fake bushido will only enhance bladeweave if the move feint goes off randomly from the bladeweave move.

Look here to see the random moves bladeweave will pick from: [bcolor=rgb(239, 239, 239)]http://www.uoguide.com/Bladeweave[/bcolor]

The reason bladeweave removes bleed is because bladeweave has bleed as a random move. Once
the pet uses bleed (via the bladeweave special move) it will be removed from your pet's innate special move.

So this means that you can't then add armor ignore because as soon as your pet does an armor ignore
(via the bladeweave) it will be removed just like bleed was.

This was beginnings of experimenting with pets. I would not suggest going bladeweave on a cu now.

I think they adjusted the bleed move to not take so much mana or not proc so much. Chiv/AI and
bleed/healing they come with is pretty top 'dog' for many people.