• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Troubles with font on EC client. Who have similar troubles with new patch?

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Font in vendor's menu, insure menu and etc, were ugly, but now this simple hell(this very very small font).
1.png
Who made this? I cannot understand what you tested on TC shard, if we got similar errors.
If somebody know how this fix(or make this font normal), pls write me about it.

@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

Also bug with Imbue Last Property from Actions, when it will be fix?

Last edited:

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am getting more worried about each new Publish introducing new bugs, rather than the new content. Even if old players come back because of the new content, they can get turned off easily when they feel like UO is returning to beta after 20 years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am getting more worried about each new Publish introducing new bugs, rather than the new content. Even if old players come back because of the new content, they can get turned off easily when they feel like UO is returning to beta after 20 years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sure, they can only look on new bank system in EC. And it becomes clear that it is impossible to play.
2.png

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They changed some aspects of the UI ratio. Have you tried to change it in settings?

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I tryed all and even another resolution. Early was normal font, they changed this on ugly font. And now this simple hell.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I just used the little 'toggle scale mode' button to make them bigger, they are much easier to read now, not sure if that works on everything though.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well that sucks!! I have a lot of trouble reading small fonts too, I don't want to strain my eyes! :(

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sure makes me glad I made myself a present of a 40" HD screen.
Open any gump from insure/imbuing/bank/vendors and etc. And ill think that even on your 40'" HD it will be very ugly.
They broke game for many players. Need hot fix for similar trouble.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's why most the time I play on my 48" LED HDTV Monitor... If it's small on that then... there is a problem.

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I cannot understand, why no one answers from Dev's. They killed game for many players which uses EC with this ugly font.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure they have an option to put it back the way it was
Either buy a code from the store or
Do a complex grind quest that requires at least 10 players to compete

I'm joking

I think ........

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot understand, why no one answers from Dev's. They killed game for many players which uses EC with this ugly font.
I have checked my laptop with it's notebook screen and also 24" monitor with both CC and EC and there is no problem that I can see. I'm afraid this is just some settings you have wrong on your computer, if it were gamewide we would all be screaming bloody murder.
Do you have a friend who is computer smart? If so, have him look at your comp, I'm sure it's just some simple setting(s) you've accidentally changed.

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have checked my laptop with it's notebook screen and also 24" monitor with both CC and EC and there is no problem that I can see. I'm afraid this is just some settings you have wrong on your computer, if it were gamewide we would all be screaming bloody murder.
Do you have a friend who is computer smart? If so, have him look at your comp, I'm sure it's just some simple setting(s) you've accidentally changed.
But i see concrete problem. I didnt touch my settings.
And early i had another font(and size of menu) and now this waste. Do you see this difference? UI Scale 1.0 on both screens.
2.png 1.png

I looked all settings and nothing. I dont know how return this back.

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
And still one moment, this critical for 1600*900 resolution, because people which use monitors with 24'' and more cannot see this troubles.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just tested default EC, and you're right, gumps are small and can't be scaled.
But gumps are fully scalable in Pinco's UI.
Solution: Install Pinco's UI in the EC.
Pinco's UI
Aside from that. everything looks sharper in Pinco's.
There are times when you have to default EC and not Pinco's (like when opening a boss corpse with many items), but use Pinco's whenever possible.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahh That explains why I am not getting this, I made everything a better size with Pinco's already! Hmmm seems a bit of a weird change though when the average player age is probably around 45 (or more!) a lot of us might already have bad eyesight... I wouldn't want to be trying to read that tiny font all day! :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@CronusVl okay it seems you were right, they did change something with the last publish, I noticed this in the patch notes. Under 'bug fixes'....

• Enhanced Client: Decreased the default scale of all generic gumps from 1.5 to 1.06.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@CronusVl okay it seems you were right, they did change something with the last publish, I noticed this in the patch notes. Under 'bug fixes'....

• Enhanced Client: Decreased the default scale of all generic gumps from 1.5 to 1.06.
I would think that the Devs would know better than to decrease the font on us old geezers. it shoud have been:

• Enhanced Client: Increased the default scale of all generic gumps from 1.5 to 3.75.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why the hell did they change it, I play on a 15" laptop and this is getting unreadable.
upload_2017-8-12_21-37-12.png

upload_2017-8-12_21-37-54.png

And I can't play with Pinco's as the lag kills me completely. Who asked for this change? Or is another case of breaking something for the sake of breaking it?

If Pinco can make stuff scalable why the hell cant the dev's rather than put in hard caps to scale?

Oh and don't get me started on the Stable gump, my tamers is now unreadable.

Last edited:

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Yes. And they must fix this soon as they can. Not all players have access to stratics and i know many players, which paralized with this problem.

Thx for advice with Pinco. But i dont like this, because another icons and some settings.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are settings in Pinco's that you can tweak to reduce lag.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only lag in Pinco's I have is the opening corpses and opening the bank after the first time.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I played pinco's for years, then all of a sudden I started to get lag to the point it made it unplayable. Not sure if it is due to playing on a laptop but frankly I can't even move stuff from my backpack to a container without it stuttering and dragging and being totally frustrating. I didn't change any of my settings when this began but since then have installed, uninstalled, redone desktops to no avail.

If anyone knows of a way to get rid of it please tell.

This is my pet gump now, why they reduced the font/gump sizes is beyond me. Even when I put on glasses I can't read the damn thing unless I spend 5 mins trying to decipher it.

upload_2017-8-13_11-48-22.png

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The only lag I get in Pinco's is at EM events, supernovas and opening public corpses. Sometimes at guild hunts if there are a lot of us and a lot of spawn, especially on Sunday nights. But I can still play and I don't die too often... :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not the font they've changed:
Enhanced Client: Decreased the default scale of all generic gumps from 1.5 to 1.06
I believe they scaled this back because of complaints about the size of some of the gumps. I'm not having a problem with it, but maybe that's because I wear reading glasses anyway. This might be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not the font they've changed:

I believe they scaled this back because of complaints about the size of some of the gumps. I'm not having a problem with it, but maybe that's because I wear reading glasses anyway. This might be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'?
The only Gump i know that anyone complained about being too big, is the VvV gump. if they have to make them ALL smaller to make that one smaller, then I just don't know what to think.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only Gump i know that anyone complained about being too big, is the VvV gump. if they have to make them ALL smaller to make that one smaller, then I just don't know what to think.
Actually on the pet training gump that pops up if you don't use Pinco's THAT is TOO BIG... but it was 10X bigger than it needed to be... honestly.

With a 1" or larger margin around the whole bar..... it was TOO BIG all they needed to do was trim the fat... as in just have the freaking bar without all the crap wasted "scroll" around it... but doesn't make any difference to me now that Pinco incorporated the thing into the pets health bar.

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Pinco UI for decide this trouble. With this UI i can make normal size for any gump and this good.
Because i dont know when our devs can decide this troubles.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only lag I get in Pinco's is at EM events, supernovas and opening public corpses. Sometimes at guild hunts if there are a lot of us and a lot of spawn, especially on Sunday nights. But I can still play and I don't die too often... :p
That happens in the default EC without Pinco UI.