• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some Strange feeling Origin Store don't make sense

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
500 sov = R$14,90
1000 sov = R$39,90
5000 sov = R$169,90

Oo

Doesn't make sense less = cheaper? Only to make us need buy the same item 10 times in place of just 1 order

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Seems fine to me. Not sure what URL your accessing...

Origin

500 Sovereigns = $4.99 scaled appropriately.
5000 Sovereigns = $49.99

Now the prices of items is an entirely different story. Items are way too overpriced for a 20 year old game.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But then you have to factor that origin will only let you buy so many codes per week.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can thank some kids who took moms or dads cc and charged a ton on EA's store to use in game and the parents made EA give it back.
Its to save them another bout of this same thing happening. Believe me it has on many a game and store on line........
Little kids are too smart for their own britches, but lack common sense on when to not do it.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems fine to me. Not sure what URL your accessing...

Origin

500 Sovereigns = $4.99 scaled appropriately.
5000 Sovereigns = $49.99

Now the prices of items is an entirely different story. Items are way too overpriced for a 20 year old game.
The Prices change from country to country, in my its cheaper buy 500 sov then 5000 , its 149,90(10 packs) vs 169,90 in my local currency

But then you have to factor that origin will only let you buy so many codes per week.
It's new to me.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I always just buy multiples of 500, I'm not paying them more for being stupid! Makes no sense to not give some small discount if you buy in bulk, pretty much everyone else does, yet again EA epicly fail!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Brazil Origin store makes no sense, no.
It is around 3 USD cheaper to buy 10 500 sovs pack than to buy a single 5,000 sovs pack.
And let us not get started on the price of the 1,000 and 2,000 packs.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Its scaled for me in GBP:
£4.25 (500), £7.99 (1000), £14.99 (2000) and £39.99 (5000)

I usually buy the 5000 sovs for the better value. 500 x 10 = 5000 but is £42.50 . 5000 is cheaper in the long run.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I noticed the prices are not the same as the last time I bought some, so they seem to be putting it right in some countries at least. Last time it cost less to buy 2 x 500 than 1 x 1000, bit silly really!