• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragonscale Armor Idea

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was thinking Dragon scale armor has basically been for show and nothing really else since as far back as i remember. Anyway i had an idea to bring Dragon scale armor back into game as a usable set, and it does not really require anything in new in game.

The idea is simple, and i might add logical(my opinion), you have 6 sets of dragonscale each representing one of the 5 resists and gold representing luck. You have 6 different types of damage eater properties each going up to 30% (except all damage which caps at 18%). Each set of dragon armor has 6 pieces(there is no garg equivalent that i'm aware of for dragonscale armor, something for a later date perhaps). now if you would get a 5% per piece(3% for all damage/gold) added to exceptional pieces(fire to red, kinetic to black, ect) with no additional weight(for imbuing purposes) Basically the damage eater's would count as a material bonus which would not show up on imbuing weight. I think this would make Dragonscale armor usable
in game, possibly even popular.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I saw a female character in dragon armour a few days ago, I was playing in EC, I thought to myself, 'what the heck armour is that?' It looked great! Yes I always thought it should be something special, even just with decent resists, it came off a dragon for heavens sake!! :p

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that idea!

Not sure if it's balanced and would lead to people using more dragon scale armor, but in any case: dragon scale armor should be awesome and there should be incentives to use them!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking Dragon scale armor has basically been for show and nothing really else since as far back as i remember. Anyway i had an idea to bring Dragon scale armor back into game as a usable set, and it does not really require anything in new in game.

The idea is simple, and i might add logical(my opinion), you have 6 sets of dragonscale each representing one of the 5 resists and gold representing luck. You have 6 different types of damage eater properties each going up to 30% (except all damage which caps at 18%). Each set of dragon armor has 6 pieces(there is no garg equivalent that i'm aware of for dragonscale armor, something for a later date perhaps). now if you would get a 5% per piece(3% for all damage/gold) added to exceptional pieces(fire to red, kinetic to black, ect) with no additional weight(for imbuing purposes) Basically the damage eater's would count as a material bonus which would not show up on imbuing weight. I think this would make Dragonscale armor usable
You can't make dragon scale gorgets.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I went and made a suit using gold scales for show, no gorget with the suit so had to use Barded leather, overall resist sucks would never wear it in battle

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a suit I made on Balhae a few years ago to sell when I still had a shop there. I'm no expert on making suits, so someone else could probably figure out a much better combination than I did. However, I used green dragon scales for the helmet and leggings, black dragon scales for the breastplate, and red dragon scales for the sleeves and gloves. The gorget is bronze. Without jewelry, the actual resists on it are 73 physical, 85 fire, 70 cold, 70 poison, and 70 energy; it also has 48 stamina increase, 14 mana increase, 45% LMC, and 600 luck.

dragon scale armor.JPG

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
was not aware it had no gorget, still could just bump up to 6% for damage eaters and the all damage would still be fine at 3%. these are smith armor, i believe, so i think this would put them on level with the rest of the metal armor. Think it would sort of be like weapons, where you have different weapons for different areas, you could use different suits (or gold/all damage for general purpose) for different areas.

greenwolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a similar idea using dragon scales that I did bring up to the dev team at a meet and greet awhile ago. They said they liked it but I believe bleak had said something about it taking to much time to fix the "balance" aspect. My idea was simply use dragon scales like we use woodland gear. For example we make a woodland armor piece with normal wood and then enhance with blood wood to get the bumped resists. essentially you would make your armor with iron and then enhance with dragon scales. because we all know dragon armor by itself is poopoo, why not make it an enhancement, we already have each with its own resist just tweak how much resit you get from each one.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went and made a suit using gold scales for show, no gorget with the suit so had to use Barded leather, overall resist sucks would never wear it in battle
You have to make the pieces from the different scales Blue Energy, red fire, black phys, green poison, white cold. Top it off with a Jackals or Gladiators and its a good set. One of my Siege sets is on a a mani. on the porch of Vics South Zento house on Siege. Can't remember if that was one that was all 70s before imbuing or not. Pretty much my standard armor on Siege but don't plan on stealthing in it :) If you don't want to use a arti gorget can finish the resist with the ignots that fill in the resist gaps.

Gold Dragon Scales Suck in every way imaginable BTW :)

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you remember when dragon scale armor had great different properties. I had a set that granted poison immunity. Then they nerfed the armor.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was back in the day when there Dragon Smith Hammers. To bad they did a publish that converted them all to regular smith hammers.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yep, i had this exact same idea years ago. Give Dragonscale Armor innate Eater properties that don't count against the cap, while taking away the innate 1% LMC. Tankier armor.

Do you remember when dragon scale armor had great different properties. I had a set that granted poison immunity. Then they nerfed the armor.
Yep. Green Dragonscale Armor would make you immune to certain levels of Poison sometimes, but also came with the drawback of making fire damage (Magic Arrow, Fireball, Explosion, Flamestrike and Dragon Breath) do more damage to you. Red Dragonscale was the opposite, it would reduce Fire Damage you'd take, while increasing Poison damage against you. Black Dragonscale had really high AR (and was a total pain in the ass to get, Shadow Wyrms were nasty back then), but increased the damage you took from Energy Attacks (Lightning, Energy Bolt).

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That set at Vics is one of my generic imbued over capped resist red scale imbued sets I use on my necro/archer/tamer templates still not a bad general use armor set and I think it looks cool nat fire seed dyed :)

dragonscale.png