• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why no additional crafter PS?

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This page has a lot of potiental to show more blue diamonds.
upload_2017-7-27_20-53-39.png

Current
Inscription make spells stronger.
Tinker works as healing for the kotl.
Alchemy makes pot's stronger (and maybe beer)
Lumber gives damage bonus
so there more the better.

and now uses cases for the rest...
Cooking can make stronger tasty treats?
Fletching could make weapons with more dura?
Mining could help the treasure hunter?
Tinkering could craft jewels out of gems & stone which have Stamina,LMC or other bonus.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This page has a lot of potiental to show more blue diamonds.
View attachment 69763

Current
Inscription make spells stronger.
Tinker works as healing for the kotl.
Alchemy makes pot's stronger (and maybe beer)
Lumber gives damage bonus
so there more the better.

and now uses cases for the rest...
Cooking can make stronger tasty treats?
Fletching could make weapons with more dura?
Mining could help the treasure hunter?
Tinkering could craft jewels out of gems & stone which have Stamina,LMC or other bonus.
ugg... why? It's fine as it is.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please no.
Under the current crew, if it happened, it would be a massive grind to get them.
Then it would be buggy.
Then after you went thru all the mess to get them, they would get nerfed.

Just leave things alone that aren't broken, please...

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My only issue is that it is hard enough to fit everything on a pure crafter as is. assuming people use arms lore, which I do.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can use soulstone and use skills only when required. I would prefer increase to 120. None of you who said no really explain clearly why this idea is not good. Please share so we understand the rationale (besides "nerfing").

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can use soulstone and use skills only when required. I would prefer increase to 120. None of you who said no really explain clearly why this idea is not good. Please share so we understand the rationale (besides "nerfing").

Please explain why we need them? Just to have something else to grind for? If it's to raise the odds of making something, they can adjust that behind the scenes-no powerscrolls needed.

If it's to offer more benefit to companion skills, again, they can adjust that behind the scenes, Please no more powerscrolls-as we have seen with the lies when they first came out, once they are added, the casual gamer WILL have to grind for them to compete.

Don't fix what aint broken

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran

Ok so your reasoning is, make people spend more money for something which is not needed, as mentioned by someone before, its hard enough to have most trade skills in one character, there is no point to have skills stored in stones, ''incase'' you may need them, the skills are ok as they are and full templates of crafters have been made.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still think the best fix is to allow trades persons to have a much higher skill cap as long as they only have 1 magic skill at 100 for defense and travel

Put a cap of 1200 or higher points so you can have 1 complete crafter allow some music skill as well and any other skill that's required to fully craft items.

I don't see how this would hurt the game in anyway it would just Put an end to the none stop soul stoning skills to craft

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah... please no additional scrolls.. I don't want to grind to get the scrolls just to have the same chance at making something that I have now. 120 used to add to it, but it seems all the last added ones just take the gm level success percentage, make it the "new" 120 level...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
True basically lose 20x how ever many scrolls you add then they add items to help offset the skill points lost and so on just adds more grind and complexity to the game

Unfortunately I feel this is the last bev team we will have

I would love to have a new team come in and wipe out all these grinds and overly complex and mathematically insane systems

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
True basically lose 20x how ever many scrolls you add then they add items to help offset the skill points lost and so on just adds more grind and complexity to the game

Unfortunately I feel this is the last bev team we will have

I would love to have a new team come in and wipe out all these grinds and overly complex and mathematically insane systems

QFT!!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
might of been good idea at one time but not now. already too much to do/crap in the game. too many others things that need to be address. I would need another char slot lol.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm really not fond of the idea. I base this on inscription which I do a LOT. They came out with the +30 inscription talismans. I have a +30 exceptional and a +29 regular. I made a lot better spell books with better properties before the change. Not sure what changed with the math but I use to get awesome books rather frequently, that is no longer the case. To be honest I don't find the guaranteed spell book improvement tally all that effective either, especially what you need to go through to get it. One burns up a lot of time and resources for a ho hum result from the tally. So when it comes to crafting I'd appreciate it if they didn't "improve" inscription any further :) The tallys do help with the failure rate of scrolls, which is a savings. I'll give them that. But the fun for me is making a cool spell book. Getting a 3 property spell book (etc) anymore is like hitting the lottery.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm hoping they don't improve any skills any more....everything they touch just becomes grindy nowdays

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in 2 minds on this one.

On one hand, the current system works, and I'm quite fond of where the current caps fit.

On the other, Crafting itself, could use a boost, and pushing some craft skills to 120 may allow an opportunity to develop it to give crafters a more competitive edge against Legendaries etc.

Unlike some of you, lot of our guild think the Devs have done a pretty decent job with their content introductions.
EA didn't bring anything new into the game for about 5 years, and the game was in a bad place.
We've had a lot brought in, and in my opinion it is working pretty well.
Ok, I have issues on a couple of things;
  • Doom being completely Sampire orientated, mages not being able to do anything in there.
  • PvP patch being geared towards weapon users.
  • Looted gear being too complicated, too random, too much to sort through, and too high end compared to crafted gear. etc.
But when you think about it;
  • Tamer patch was phenomenal.
  • Eodon was a lot of content.
  • They did pull a Doom revamp off.
  • They did pull a PvP revamp off.
  • BoD patch was very cool.
My only issue is, the thinking behind some of the new content - not the fact they've done it, or the manner they've done it in.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

On one hand, the current system works, and I'm quite fond of where the current caps fit.

On the other, Crafting itself, could use a boost, and pushing some craft skills to 120 may allow an opportunity to develop it to give crafters a more competitive edge against Legendaries etc.

Unlike some of you, lot of our guild think the Devs have done a pretty decent job with their content introductions.
EA didn't bring anything new into the game for about 5 years, and the game was in a bad place.
  • Doom being completely Sampire orientated, mages not being able to do anything in there.
  • Looted gear being too complicated, too random, too much to sort through, and too high end compared to crafted gear. etc.
My only issue is, the thinking behind some of the new content - not the fact they've done it, or the manner they've done it in.
It would be better to make craftable gear some of the the most sought after in the game in my opinion as well. This would create a new found love for crafting and people would be more apt to open up legit shops so it could also benefit the roleplaying apsect a bit too. As is Imbuers can make decent suits but most of the items are ultimately replaced by legendaries. This should not be happening as often as it does. My biggest problem with the devs is this, anything they do good they always have to put a negative on it for so called balance. BOD books were a brilliant idea but then they made them difficult to navigate. The item count for a BOD book should be 1 and not have the current formula. It is too difficult to organize BOD books this way when you have to constantly keep swapping out books because the item count is too high. So I hope they would implement this system for crafters but i fear they would make it too difficult on everybody.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be better to make craftable gear some of the the most sought after in the game in my opinion as well. This would create a new found love for crafting and people would be more apt to open up legit shops so it could also benefit the roleplaying apsect a bit too. As is Imbuers can make decent suits but most of the items are ultimately replaced by legendaries. This should not be happening as often as it does. My biggest problem with the devs is this, anything they do good they always have to put a negative on it for so called balance. BOD books were a brilliant idea but then they made them difficult to navigate. The item count for a BOD book should be 1 and not have the current formula. It is too difficult to organize BOD books this way when you have to constantly keep swapping out books because the item count is too high. So I hope they would implement this system for crafters but i fear they would make it too difficult on everybody.
Agreed with your whole post, but this bit, you hit the nail on the head.
I wrote a long letter to Mesanna awhile ago where I stated exactly this, and even on previous posts here I have mentioned this.

There are ways to make the game hard, and skill based, without just introducing pointless negatives.
It makes me always get this 1 step forwards, 2 steps backwards feeling, which I hate.
Antique, cursed, brittle, prized... please....
VvV antique...
Low durability...
50 stones...
Non Pofable...
Properties which bear no resemblance to any character anyone would ever use...
Just give me a piece of freaking armour I can use on my character!!!
:yell:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

But does anyone go to Doom any more now than before??? or less???

Tamer patch is great I'll give it that... however nerfing has begun...

Eodon is a grind... from one side to the other...

Can't speak for any of the rest...

but the game has turned into a grind for greed... and quite honestly it's lost the community .... which is causing many like myself to seek that community elsewhere... if I could find it... I'd be gone.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But does anyone go to Doom any more now than before??? or less???

Tamer patch is great I'll give it that... however nerfing has begun...

Eodon is a grind... from one side to the other...

Can't speak for any of the rest...

but the game has turned into a grind for greed... and quite honestly it's lost the community .... which is causing many like myself to seek that community elsewhere... if I could find it... I'd be gone.
Doom - I'd have liked the chance to be able to do it. To find out content like that doesn't even cater for your playstyle is pretty depressing, especially when Scholars Halo is one of the drops. Elite Mage gear - only obtainable by Sampires is pretty crap kick in the face game design.

Tamer patch - I'm not a hardcore Tamer, I'm a casual, and for me, the patch has been amazing, it has opened up a new playstyle, and a lot of content I couldn't do before. It's possible I will not even notice the "nerfs".

Eodon - I accept it is a grind, and a Tamer only area. But, nice for the Tamers to get something, everything was Sampire orientated before Eodon and Shadowguard.

Regarding Grind - it's a balancing act isn't it.
On one hand, you are expected to "work", to earn your rewards, on the other, if they get the playstyle to achieve it wrong, or make it too hard, it becomes a grind.

What gets me, is having achieved all of the above, the loot drops are the worst type of randomness, with so many negatives, I've just given up even looking at drops.

Back to Crafting, as we may have derailed the thread.

Crafting should get a boost, to compete with Legendaries, this playstyle should be opened up again.

For me, Imbuing was perfect from the control of what you craft perspective, and the fact you had to farm ingredients for it. The gear was also not overpowered. The negative which made me hate it, was the non PoFability aspect.

Greater Reforging provided the best style of armour, ever, to date. It's stats were close to what you'd expect a template to play, it could be Poffed, and it could be repaired back to max, it was also good quality. The downside for me, was it was still too random, and the grind too large to get what you wanted.

Back to the original post, should Crafts go to 120, maybe, if it helps restructure Crafting in such a way, it can bring Crafting back into the game.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It'd just make things another grind where you do the same steps over and over and over again day in day out with little to no reward.

After awhile of doing this you wonder why you are doing it.... and then you begin to ask yourself if you are "enjoying" the game anymore. Sad when you think about it long enough... and find that you aren't. You are just going through the motions thinking that you are.... you get a reward finally after months of grinding but the "joy" of that is over instantly...

Later you remember what was fun... joining friends in a quest... to go adventuring... the deaths, near deaths, saves and victory... were nothing... but the fun and bonding with friends... that was where it was... now that is gone... you look around and most of those friends are gone... now all that's left are the few who remember like you do.... those brokers who sell you that dream that you thought would bring joy back to your game... or the bots and boxers... looking to cash in on your desire for the latest in-game shiny...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well let's say they added +20 to various crafting skills. I have 3 crafters already so it doesn't hit me as bad. I can *maybe* squeeze in the points without making a 4th crafter. Let's not forget they already threw in stuff like arms lore. But now your probably going to have to devote 3 character slots to crafting. I'm already switching between various crafters to make one item and trust me it's a pain. Be careful what you wish for :) Now if having the extra points actually made things easier that would be worth the sacrifice possibly. But like I said in the post above, for whatever reason, since the inscription tallys came out I make crap spell books now and use to make really decent ones every now and then. So they change things and even with a plus 30 tally I can't make the books I use to make regularly. It's not worth it to me to try and transfer skills around in a way that makes sense, try and fit the points into current characters (3 crafters is enough), need to switch between various characters to make one specific item and the end result is things are created with worse properties than they were before the changes. It's a carrot on a stick situation. Everyone runs around for a brief time to end up in the same spot as everyone else and everyone is back on a level field making the same things an it seems that thing we make isn't as nice as the things we use to make. But that is the kinda thing developers like to distract us with for awhile lol. But really it seems pointless in the end. Just my take on it as crafting is what I do more than anything else.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a carrot on a stick situation. Everyone runs around for a brief time to end up in the same spot as everyone else and everyone is back on a level field
Kinda like throwing $4 worth of quarters out the door, and telling the kids to go find the quarters and don't come back inside till they were either called or found all $5 worth...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I would just like 120 tinker so I can fix my jewls without them breaking
You would think that's the way it would work. But somehow they would make it worse. Like jewels that are common would never break and the good jewels would break twice as much.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed with your whole post, but this bit, you hit the nail on the head.
I wrote a long letter to Mesanna awhile ago where I stated exactly this, and even on previous posts here I have mentioned this.

There are ways to make the game hard, and skill based, without just introducing pointless negatives.
It makes me always get this 1 step forwards, 2 steps backwards feeling, which I hate.
Antique, cursed, brittle, prized... please....
VvV antique...
Low durability...
50 stones...
Non Pofable...
Properties which bear no resemblance to any character anyone would ever use...
Just give me a piece of freaking armour I can use on my character!!!
:yell:
Absolutely. The negatives seem to outweigh the positives in a lot of cases

Last edited:

I Love Girls

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would think that's the way it would work. But somehow they would make it worse. Like jewels that are common would never break and the good jewels would break twice as much.
well my antique jewls are melting away at GM tinkering while my armor seems to do just fine getting fixed with legendary blacksmith and tailoring