• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soulstones, is this an unrealistic request ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see a change where you can take your full soulstone, with the skill on it, and absord it into your character, and then have an on/off switch added to the skills menu. Turn off swords, your 720 rjeal skill total goes down to 600, turn on fencing, yada yada. No need to set this skill up and that one down, or risk deleting a skill by mistake which happens all too frequently with soulstones. Do away with the actual physical stone. As it is you can't give or trade these to anyone else, big deal, so you put a turn in points value on them for greedy people. Make it "poof" once its used correctly, that way they can still be purchased for 10.00 in the store, they just won't come in the form of an actual permanent stone, and duplicate values of skills can exist but would take the purchase of an additional stone like it currently does. By this i mean, you can have 120 swords, 100 swords, 80 swords, all under the swords list, governed of course by the use of powerscrolls. ( Right now character C can have a soulstone in his pack with 120 swords on it, but unless they've used the appropriate power scroll, they can't use the skill.) The same would apply You worked them, you paid for the stones to store them. I would love to be able to change skills using my , you know, skills list ??? Keep the 2 minute battle timer so people can't change in mid fight. But if someone needs something crafted, I shouldn't have to shout on in GC, hang on while I change my template. All the same rules that currently govern Soulstone usage would still apply. Shard transfer would be a slight issue but not really. As it is now, if you want to transfer to Atl, you would take any skills in your template, and any soulstones in your pack/bank. The transfer screen would have toggles for any skills you want to take, transferring them with you turns them 'off' on your home shard, so they're still only available on the shard you exist on. I don't know this might be too complex to code, but it doesn't seem like it.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is a bizarre and interesting idea....not sure I would trust them to do it right and not make my skills go poof though....:p
If you think about it though, every time we log in there's a risk that any soulstones we have could have poofed overnight, just like any other glitch. I think the benefits far outweigh the risks.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would add after purchasing a ss you just train skills and have them stored on the char turn on turn off etc just have so you have to be in a safe log out spot. No more transferring skills all skills account bond no more retraining the same skill etc. ever char on account has the same trained skills etc.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any request that takes money away from Broadsword ain't gonna happen.
You can buy more sometimes from the shop so no reason why you cannot have Max skills stored ready.....keep your stones in the bank to keep them safe.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem I see is moving skills from character 1 to character 6 unless it was account wide. Would be great on Siege where there is only one character but I think very problematic on prodo. Can see where a lot could go wrong.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You can buy more sometimes from the shop so no reason why you cannot have Max skills stored ready.....keep your stones in the bank to keep them safe.
Like making transfer shields easier to get. "Oh we've been talking about this and can't come up with a workable system to add time to your account" "We should have it worked out when all UO accounts turn 14 years old" lol. Email me, I'll give ya 30 ways to do it in a day. Cash flow is more important than the customers even if it makes the customers happy and they stick around longer.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see a change where soulstones are removed from the game.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I would like to see a change where soulstones are removed from the game.
lol. Adding stuff is easy. Taking things away that a lot of people spent RL cash on is hard. That when the villagers light up the torches.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It wouldn't take any money from BS.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem I see is moving skills from character 1 to character 6 unless it was account wide. Would be great on Siege where there is only one character but I think very problematic on prodo. Can see where a lot could go wrong.
It wouldn't be a problem as long as all 6 characters have the appropriate power scrolls used, just like now with physical stones.