• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Landscape is changing....

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was on Catskills last night and our Advisor there ran into a rift in the area behind the Skara Vet shop.
A rather long rift in the ground that reached quite far.
Its been reported to be in Fel too.
Check your shards for changes ...
Wonder if there is any more changes we have yet to see...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah it's been that way for at least a few days now.....quite interesting I must say..like it's almost pointing to that little island over there......

landscape.jpg

Strange things are afoot at the circle K.....(if you get that reference you get brownie points..NO GOOGLING! )

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That is one hell of a rift. One on Atlantic as well.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's part of the global arc, of which I will spoil no more... :devil:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmmm...

The rift continues growing and spreading.. causing the land masses to fall away into the water... then it strangely enough continues to get even larger causing the water it's self to fall into the starry abyss.. this continues happening until the last small land mass left standing is at WBB.. all people across all the shards are all standing at WBB as it too slowly falls into the starry abyss.. as we all realize the game has imploded and we are left with nothing more than having to spend our UO time interacting with people in RL instead of playing our beloved game..

as long as it does not go in that direction.. it will be fine :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah we know...well..some of us do ;)

*whistles quietly, absentmindedly playing with her leather satchel*

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There is more...
There's an interesting chest at the lyceaum.....I think I spelled that right? :/

Screenshot_67.jpg

And yes..there's more......though I don't know if it's supposed to be.....o_O

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Interesting lil island though.. too bad I can't get on it *shrugs*

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's an interesting chest at the lyceaum.....I think I spelled that right? :/

View attachment 70242

And yes..there's more......though I don't know if it's supposed to be.....o_O
The chest has been there for years, I believe it changes vet reward clothes into other items of the same slot.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The chest has been there for years, I believe it changes vet reward clothes into other items of the same slot.
Shows you how often I go to the lyceaum! :/ geesh I had no idea.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah it's been that way for at least a few days now.....quite interesting I must say..like it's almost pointing to that little island over there......

View attachment 70241

Strange things are afoot at the circle K.....(if you get that reference you get brownie points..NO GOOGLING! )
WHOA! That's a most excellent reference, dude! That rift is totally heinous.

(Cranks up a Wyld Stallyns cassette)

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have not really been following the story arc, however i was in Eodon workin up pet and valor at champ. When i got the earthquake shake, like when you cast spell, but i didn't cast and there was nobody else around.

Abyss-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
A crack in the soil will open and provide access to the hollow earth *spoiler*

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's on Europa too, the story arc is listed on the Europa EM thread as 'special uo arc event- more details to come', so the new story arcs will be EM events?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hope not.... be best as a global arc were anyone and everyone can take part.....in there own time!!! and not a pre dertemined time were the population goes up 20x the normal for 2 hours only....dohhhh...no thanks

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's on Europa too, the story arc is listed on the Europa EM thread as 'special uo arc event- more details to come', so the new story arcs will be EM events?
Origin too..

arcevent.jpg

And on the calendar at uo.com

japarc.jpg

I seriously doubt this huge 20th anniversary arc is going to be EM driven....they might have a small part to play though?

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Likely to be the same as the last global arc - help out during it and get a drop... Or end up feeling like you have to buy one from those that seem to have all the "luck" and drops.

Get all drops during the arc and have access to a secret UO area - wonder what that could be? Neverland?

Hope it's not going to be that way though, those global always-on events were great fun.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I hope it's not just a series of EM events, I know a lot of people who would miss out. On Europa the EM events don't start until 8.30 UK time, so for some people in Europe that's a 9.30 or even 10.30 start! :(

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't you all realize this is from "fracking" Like they have been doing just north of Oklahoma City for the last 10 years or so and this is the start of Skara falling into a 8k foot hole full of oil drilling by-products??? Geeze you all need to get out more! How do you think EA has been keeping UO going the last 20 years... they have tapped into our natural resources.... a hole right into our back pocket via Skara!!!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
We didn't even kill Batlin and destroyed the blackrock gate to stop the Guardian from laying waste on Sosaria and we are already moving to Ultima VIII Pagan? D:
With the very same Pagan maps and quests from Ultima VIII too! Nifty!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, after inspecting Skara landscape I talked to town crier at bank nearby. Its live on TC.
Oh, you need at least one small piece of blackrock and rune to mark later inside (or you need more than one piece)

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are changes at minoc mines too
I found another quest giver but in general its not fully ready yet, so we not asked to test it.

EDIT: I found what to do. at some point you need to decode t-map and dig t-chest. There are new spells for new spellbook in it and new reagents for new spells. Seems we need to collect and dig lot of t-maps.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Someone know what to do now?
there are changes at minoc mines too
I found another quest giver but in general its not fully ready yet, so we not asked to test it.

EDIT: I found what to do. at some point you need to decode t-map and dig t-chest. There are new spells for new spellbook in it.
Strange things in Glow as well... was hoping the "quest item" went to him but can not get him to do anything..

Key of the Caretaker was gotten from killing critters on the Island outside of Skara

Moonglow.jpg

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Key of the Caretaker is required to cast one of spells I found in t-chect.
Got one. Try to double-click it :)

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must say that I really like the Town Crier. (only quibble: The text is a smidge on the small side)

The newspaper would make a GREAT WAY for governors to keep their citizens informed of goings on... The paper should pull HTML from an shard EM/PEC curated subdomain of uo.com.

@Kyronix
:Begging:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without tinkering crafting talisman one part may take days to complete :bdh:
You need 20 quicksilver to craft reagent for spell , and chances just 5%. Only place quicksilver spawning is around one per 5 mins of farming.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Without tinkering crafting talisman one part may take days to complete :bdh:
You need 20 quicksilver to craft reagent for spell , and chances just 5%. Only place quicksilver spawning is around one per 5 mins of farming.
How many do you need ?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is this all on test?? So you need to have one character with all those skills or you can do parts on different characters? :confused:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is this all on test?? So you need to have one character with all those skills or you can do parts on different characters? :confused:
I am hoping there are several different ways to complete the quest... folks have often hollered about the crafting etc end needs a way to do quests etc... hopefully this is the implemented side of that and there is still an outright fighting path as well.

The Key of the Caretaker I posted above if the char had Necromancy and double clicked the key it pulled up an additional screen that had some lore attached to it...

just to throw out another skill that seems to be used

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh I don't have necromancy on any character, nor does my husband! :(

Neireid

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ R Traveller,
Obviously you are connected and a) dropping so very little hints "spoilers" or b) ask by someone to do this to incite curiosity in the ARC they are launching, yet again. So I don't understand why you are just being so evasive and not sharing what you have learnt thus far. There is no way you have discovered the above on your own.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Some people maybe don't want to be told everything, they might want to discover things for themselves, I have found the hints so far intriguing! :)

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, do not read below, you warned! Summary:
So far, you notice towncriers have some news. you need to order newspaper off them, but it may already dropped on floor. Read it at every city.

Moonglow part - you visit Lycaeum, talk to npc, get direction to tavern at Vesper, talk to 3 persons and finally to mouse. As result you learn way to visit Mythran at voids, who give you pagan spellbook. At some point you allowed to read books at his place.

Treasure maps part - you visit directed npc at Jhelom, talk to him and go hunt for t-maps at selected dungeons, dig them a lot and find scrolls for spellbook and some reagents.

Once you get spells for spellbook you get clues about what to do next. For example you get clue to craft reagent (hammer) using tinker from items, you can find at Minoc mines spawn.

News about Verper floods direct you to run around Vesper to find npc who ask you to find something lost at sea. I stuck at this part.

Skara part - you visit island nearby and kill spawn until you get quest item as drop.

News about taxes at Trinsic - have no clue is it ready or not. Found nothing interesting yet.

EDIT: some "news" are not from newspaper, but from research notes by Mythran

EDIT: once I had text error cliloc not found and some quest items do not have proper names at all. Maybe its reason not announced yet, but in general we have something to learn.

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must say that I really like the Town Crier. (only quibble: The text is a smidge on the small side)

The newspaper would make a GREAT WAY for governors to keep their citizens informed of goings on... The paper should pull HTML from an shard EM/PEC curated subdomain of uo.com.

@Kyronix
:Begging:
I bought a paper from Jhelom Town Crier and it was put in my backpack, I can open it and read it, but then I can't move it around in my pack or get rid of it. Is there a trick or is it a bug?