• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Waiting for my codes...

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If I buy codes from Origin over the week end,from Friday evening to Monday morning, am I waiting until sometime Monday to actually receive the codes that are paid for?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sometimes the codes take a while if you haven't bought from Origin before, also some countries/credit cards seem to have more of a delay. I've always had mine right away, so I don't know what criteria they use when it's delayed.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you pay with Paypal, you will get them right away.
If you pay by credit card through their site rather than Paypal, yeah, it will take 1, 2 days to get the code. It is stupid.

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am kinda new returning player. When I left a couple of years ago, the codes were to be found in the receipt email moments after placing the order. Now I am waiting days for the same type codes. :(

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The code is no longer emailed to you, it was displayed on the receipt page, however they describe it as the "product code" and still display the code in the incorrect format, meaning they put the dashes in the wrong place. It's a scam.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've never used Paypal, always used a credit card and I've never had to wait, maybe it depends where you are?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I buy codes from Origin over the week end,from Friday evening to Monday morning, am I waiting until sometime Monday to actually receive the codes that are paid for?
You have to use Paypal or a card that has been verified by Origin. Otherwise you have to wait a few days.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yesterday I had to have a CC reset by an EA rep because the CFC had been changed and Origin was not accepting the manual changes I was trying to put in once that was done I was able to purchase the one-month game codes I needed but had to wait for 24 hrs for the codes to be emailed to me. I got the codes this morning.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Shoot... I have had to wait a lot of the time for codes purchased on Friday evening to Monday early morning. My card is the same one I have used for years with UO and made plenty of purchases from the store as well. In the past there has always been a code on the screen after the purchase went through but over the last few months there has been no code on it.. always had to wait until they finally send an email with it. Almost like the system gets the weekend off...

and Paypal sucks... will never use them again no matter how quick it takes to get the code...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The code is no longer emailed to you, it was displayed on the receipt page, however they describe it as the "product code" and still display the code in the incorrect format, meaning they put the dashes in the wrong place. It's a scam.
The codes are displayed in the correct format, they USED TO BE in the wrong format. Buy a code before you go labeling something that you're clearly uninformed on.

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought 1,000 Sovereigns Pack yesterday using a credit card. I received the code instantly and it was emailed in the Order Confirmation email. Everything worked fine with it.

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You have to use Paypal or a card that has been verified by Origin. Otherwise you have to wait a few days.
I went ahead and used my paypal to purchase some sovereigns this morning, 6am central, and I am still waiting for that code almost 12 hours later. So much for instant codes. At least for my account.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went ahead and used my paypal to purchase some sovereigns this morning, 6am central, and I am still waiting for that code almost 12 hours later. So much for instant codes. At least for my account.
I just wonder how many people don't go through the lengths of waiting all weekend and posting on Stratics instead of just calling it quits and playing one of the other 1000 games out there. But tell that to the powers pretending they hear for the first time that things are not working properly *shrugs*

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The codes are displayed in the correct format, they USED TO BE in the wrong format. Buy a code before you go labeling something that you're clearly uninformed on.
I did buy a game time code less than 6 months ago, and it was indeed in the incorrect format.