• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GL Britain Bank Redone

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Mesanna another HUGE Thank you for redoing our bank on GL's and adding the much needed Moongate. Looks much better. Though not to be a critic but you might try banisters #2229, 2243 or 2241... perhaps on the staircase... they are angled correctly I think... if those aren't right 2245 or 2246 might work... but I think those are too steep...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Believe she promised us a moongate at least at Brit Bank back when they ruined our tunnel to the Moongate... maybe 4 years ago?
Yea, it's some nice little thing for you GL locals, but it's hardly something affecting the playerbase in general.

On the other hand she is trying to sound super busy all the time. There is not even enough time to post the M&Gs on UO.com; nor the newsletters or other relevant information she buries in there. They don't have time to prepare serious answers for the newsletter ("we have to look into it"). No time to watch multiboxers on a single EM event, yet she has time to play house. Too tired of it to name those other couple of dozens things.

Not sure if it's catering to her favorite people or just catching some cheap likes, but if it works, good for her. Guess you will be all happy with her now at the party? ;) Meanwhile people everywhere else are still frustrated af over this total lack of action on anything relevant from her.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't make sense, UO has 5000 more important issues then decorating a stupid bank. Mesanna please continue to fix things that need to be fixed not decorate a bank very few people appreciate or even care about.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna, as far as we're aware, doesn't code. So her time supporting the EMs, fixing account issues or decorating various shards likely couldn't be better spent fixing client or content issues. That's what Bleak, Kyronix and Misk do.

Just for the record, I'm not about to break out a pair of pompoms just because she surprises us with something that I and others on GL had been requesting for years. I'm not exactly known for pompom waving...but, on balance, I will gladly express my appreciation for her efforts when they clearly brought happiness to the people of GL.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And I too will give credit where it's due... and I'm grateful that she took the time out of her busy schedule to make the changes to our bank... certainly is a vast improvement.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I too will give credit where it's due... and I'm grateful that she took the time out of her busy schedule to make the changes to our bank... certainly is a vast improvement.
Haha, i'd love to see a breakdown of her "busy schedule", see how she spends her 50 hours per week working on UO.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Haha, i'd love to see a breakdown of her "busy schedule", see how she spends her 50 hours per week working on UO.
I assume she spends a great part of her day reading Emails fixing the BS that EA has done to the Account MisManagement system... a bit of time wanting to pull her hair out over all the complaints and pancakes over the look of a stupid bird... that honest finally looks closer to what it should have 20 years ago... wanting to head/desk over the stupidity some people get themselves into with their accounts, their pets, their items... wanting to cry over the way the game is in it's present state and wanting to fix things but having Bleak tell her time and again that he just can't find that string of code in the nightmare of code I'm sure is the CC... Probably doing a bit of fretting over the upcoming party... doing some last min things to prepare...

Listening to all the rants and desires from the EM's .... given how many there are and how many shards there are and all I imagine that takes a bit of time reading each of their stories, making what they need for them.... or having to tell them absolutely NOT rethink that ..... changing some of their ideas and returning their stories either approved or given the axe... calling EM's making sure everything is ready... making all the items doing a lot of the deco and such for the EM Events... since she obviously can no longer trust them to do that.... *coughs* clops *coughs*... and then working on the planning for events for the coming Holiday season starting with finishing touches and changes to the Anniversary, Halloween preparations, thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas... and then what to plan for next year all the while worrying is her job still secure???

If I thought I could I'd move to Virginia in a heartbeat to be the decorator she so desperately needs... if I thought I could afford it and if they could afford to hire someone like me to do it... I'd do it in an instant... Be a dream come true... but then that's a dream... but I'd do her designing and such for her... I enjoy it. But you know that's a fantasy... but yeah I'd build whatever the EM's needed... and take it down when done if need be. I'd fix the maps, fix the towns... build the add ons that they want... all that... but again that's a dream.

Last edited:

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why don't hire some Chinese and Indians for 5usd/day ? To redo simple tasks, like high res art.

Every 10 minutes a Chinese release a new mmorpg, i think won't will be that expensive hire a Chinese team to redo all current art to high res, the price of a US Resident artist you can hire 8 Chinese artists, and they are good with graphics.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anyone tell the EMs to not use supernovas?
Did anyone publish M&G transcripts on UO.com?
Did anyone clarify one the ambiguous house raffle thing mentioned in the newsletter?
Did anyone work on a fix to the blatant multiboxing that pisses so many people of?
Did anyone [insert couple dozens more things that don't need a single line of code written]

Guess not. That person in charge was busy decorating a bank.

That's what I call priorities.

Good for a handful of locals, disappointing for everyone else.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, for the sake of argument here, I'm Mesanna......

took some time today and prettied up one of the banks, people seem satisfied with it, yay! checked with everyone in the office, things are proceeding well for the fall and people on TC1 are trying to break things, as usual... time for supper :)

went sneaking into bank on GL, yep, folks are there, need to finish up a few things here on my desk before knocking off for the day (I mean, it's after 9pm, gotta go home sometime)

checked boards before heading to bed, some positive, some negative.....

next morning...... "yah, Bleak, was gonna do that today but they want all this other stuff fixed....."

('that' being whatever was on the fire for the day, but now, because of a few folks that just can't bring themselves to give a pat on the back now and then, the ambition to get it done has waned)

anyway, if it was me, if I was Mesanna, that's what would happen - I know there are people that would take the negatives as a challenge to do better, I'm not one of them and I sincerely hope that she is, cause she gets bashed no matter what she does

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

took some time today and prettied up one of the banks, people seem satisfied with it, yay! checked with everyone in the office, things are proceeding well for the fall and people on TC1 are trying to break things, as usual... time for supper :)

went sneaking into bank on GL, yep, folks are there, need to finish up a few things here on my desk before knocking off for the day (I mean, it's after 9pm, gotta go home sometime)

next morning...... "yah, Bleak, was gonna do that today but they want all this other stuff fixed....."

('that' being whatever was on the fire for the day, but now, because of a few folks that just can't bring themselves to give a pat on the back now and then, the ambition to get it done has waned)

anyway, if it was me, if I was Mesanna, that's what would happen - I know there are people that would take the negatives as a challenge to do better, I'm not one of them and I sincerely hope that she is, cause she gets bashed no matter what she does
Lol, she better do a hell of alot more than what "you would".
If i only did that much in a 10 hour day i would be sacked just like any other industry.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you--GREAT improvement!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She redoes that, puts up a building for a fake governor on Siege, but can't add a few resources to the High Seas like they said they would..yay. And wouldn't even check the Alchy vendor on Siege when I requested it, I'm not important enough clearly, or just too vocal.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I give her and the team pats when they deserve it and slaps when they don't. I wait for things to hit Origin before I try to break them :) That is what TC and Live Test Shards are for :) BTW Don't watch the Bear video I posted yesterday you won't like it :)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish they would put all the banks back to their original form and rebuild Haven while there at it
Our bank on pac looks horrible
I guess I'm not one for change lol

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I totally agree about Haven, throw in Despise and that would be the ultimate Anniversary gift... as for the banks, some are better than others!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Kinda wish she's do something with Origins....we have a pretty red moongate on the roof of the bank but no way to get up there!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kinda wish she's do something with Origins....we have a pretty red moongate on the roof of the bank but no way to get up there!
teleport up and mark some runes!!

And dont forget, all humans, even if they dont have any magery can teleport with a scroll-thanks to JoaT

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
teleport up and mark some runes!!

And dont forget, all humans, even if they dont have any magery can teleport with a scroll-thanks to JoaT
Sucks for us elves though... I can teleport with a scroll it just takes 400 tries

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anyone tell the EMs to not use supernovas?
Did anyone publish M&G transcripts on UO.com?
Did anyone clarify one the ambiguous house raffle thing mentioned in the newsletter?
Did anyone work on a fix to the blatant multiboxing that pisses so many people of?
Did anyone [insert couple dozens more things that don't need a single line of code written]
1. To not use Supernovas? What are you even talking about? I assume you are talking about the issue of the EC crashing from multiple different explosion effects which exist in the game.
2. Fair enough
3. Ambiguous?
Castles: 3 Raffle Stones on TC1, you use the stone to enter + 3 castles they give away at the Anniv Party. The raffle for the Clops houses will be pretty much the same as the Raffle Stones on TC and is supposed to happen after the Publish goes worldwide. (Everything I just said was information already given).
4. Work on a fix for Multiboxing? What do you mean work on a "fix"? Disabling all ways to players to open one than more client? Creating detection capablities for third party programs?

Insert more things that done need any coding? Things like fixing the EC from crashing on random explosions, Coding in raffle stones for house lotteries, or "fixing" Multiboxing?

Your only good point is having the M&G questions archived on uo.com

I really try to not seem like I'm always defending Mesanna/the devs....but when people continue to post ignorant things, I just cant help myself.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you all know the hole is still in the building behind the chest & npc and it still leads to the moongate.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well honestly I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I am happy for GL Shard, but on the other hand I am saddened because she WON'T fix our WWB on Legends and She won't fix Lady Phoenix's Memorial. I have been bagging since EM Helios wrecked the memorial. His reason for making the memorial so hideous was because I wouldn't tear down my Luna house for him. :sad4::sad2:
So now everyday for the last 6 years I have looked on Lady Phoenix memorial with a heart filled with guilt. Why? Because I feel it's my fault the most beloved player of Legends memorial looks like complete trash. :Begging: I'd give anything to make her memorial right again.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. To not use Supernovas? What are you even talking about? I assume you are talking about the issue of the EC crashing from multiple different explosion effects which exist in the game.
2. Fair enough
3. Ambiguous?
Castles: 3 Raffle Stones on TC1, you use the stone to enter + 3 castles they give away at the Anniv Party. The raffle for the Clops houses will be pretty much the same as the Raffle Stones on TC and is supposed to happen after the Publish goes worldwide. (Everything I just said was information already given).
4. Work on a fix for Multiboxing? What do you mean work on a "fix"? Disabling all ways to players to open one than more client? Creating detection capablities for third party programs?
1.) The point is: For EC users its pretty much a pain to be there because your screen goes white, your client freezes. And that's around for how long? But nothing is done about it. That's where I question their priorities. But I guess those EC issues are low priority.

3.) Maybe poor choice of wording as I'm not a native speaker. "Unclear" might be a better choice, as in: How many houses are there at all? Where exactly are these places described as "in front of the houses". Maybe you know where they are, and maybe it's not rocket science to find out by asking other players. But only saying "Raffle stones will be in front of clops' houses" is totally not giving me any information at all apart from there bare existence somewhere.

4.) No, fix as in: Every once in a while attending events and jailing the *top offenders*. Making their life a bit less easy. I said it in other threads before: It's not black and white, not 0% or 100%. Of course they can't stop everything going on. But as it stands right now, there is nothing that would discourage a new player from not trying it on their own.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Kyronix

There is a tile on the roof of WBB that is constantly barking an ascending sequence of numbers. It is both spammy and laggy.

HueCount.jpg

I'm seriously doubting UO has hues in the seven digits.

Please fix?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Kyronix

The First Bank of Britain on Great Lakes is falling apart :sad3:

We're missing half a bench on the NW side of the roof and a fair percentage of the dagges have fallen down the building for whatever reason.

Britain11-13-17.jpg

Could we please get a few repairs?
:Begging:
Thanks!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's things like that which just make me want to know how that even happened...

Something is added to the game, and nobody touches it for months, then it randomly changes one day. How is that possible?

The base building of WBB has been the same for 20 years, so it's not like the design was changed and messed things up like in a customized player house... yet it changed somehow anyway, all by itself.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The new design tops the old on GL, no argument there, but I think Chessy still has you beat. Check it out.
Well prior to Mesanna coming and making it nicer... ANY Shard could have been better than it was.