• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

x86

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive had a friend send a email to bonnie and she wont reply my emails are also bad yahoo wont reset my pw

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
ive heard its a win10 issue
Good evening it is late this evening but since the warranty is expired you can turn on the administrative account to your computer.

I would try googling how to access aminostrator on windows 10 and then the simple diagnostics recommended earlier.

I will follow up sometime this weekend.

Take care

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I contacted win10 Lenovo pc and they wanted 52 dollars I cant afford to pay anything I'm disabled

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
please don't let sir tedley die this way guys please
Lots of people tried to help you, but we can't read your mind. How about you finally make a screenshot of the *exact* error you are getting hmmmm? You can do that with your mobile, just literally take a picture of your screen.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay, I think I might be able to offer an idea to try. Do you remember when your friend installed IOBIT? Or for that matter, when you PC started regularly crashing? As if the two are linked, and you say IOBIT deleted x86 or modified it in some way anyway...
Try these steps as a process that can be undone if necessary.
1. Click on the Windows Icon.
2. Type 'System Restore' into the Search box, select it.
3. Follow the prompts it comes up with until it asks you to choose a Restore Point.
4. First try the one that was before IOBIT was installed, and confirm.
5. Let the machine do its work.
6. If x86 is still corrupted, repeat the steps above with an earlier restore point.

If all this fails, check the box for Windows Syatem CDs (if they still supply them) or a Lenovo Support CD. This will be your next attempt.

Windows 10 also has an option within the User System settings to return itself to a clean install. I'm not at my PC so I can't screen shot it to show, but that would be the final step to bring it back to some sort of working order. And if it's only 45 days old, I can't imagine it's got that much other crap on it!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why I do not want win 10...
the errors and headaches
For me, I love Win10, it fixes more stuff by itself than any previous system that I've had and I've had most of 'em. I find it to be quite trouble free and is a lot easier to use than past systems. I use it on a newer quite good stat desktop and also on a 7 year old ASUS Rog Laptop.

I also use IOBit, almost all their programs, I love it too but I use their paid program so all tech help is free but I've only had to use it one time a long time ago and they came thru like champs and told me exactly how to fix whatever the problem was. I think a lot of the newer problems are caused by the new viruses that are appearing, Win10 and the other programs are breaking their necks to make it safe for us and sometimes are perhaps pushing fixes out before their completely bugfree --- this sound like anything us UO users know about? huh?

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I also have Windows 10 and I have IObit, I think your problem is a bit more complicated. I really hope someone here can help you out, it must be very frustrating for you. :(

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I made a post about this EXACT same issue a few weeks ago. No one knew what it was. I was told to delete files, uninstall UO....
it all started after Pub 97. Only way I can clear it is to REBOOT the laptop then leave the UO client open and not close it out if I want to return it later, otherwise I have to reboot the entire laptop.

Attachments

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a post about this EXACT same issue a few weeks ago. No one knew what it was. I was told to delete files, uninstall UO....
it all started after Pub 97. Only way I can clear it is to REBOOT the laptop then leave the UO client open and not close it out if I want to return it later, otherwise I have to reboot the entire laptop.
Did you start UO as administrator? What you can do is uninstall uo, then reinstall it to a spesific folder for games that has no restriction as program files has, - like C:\Games\xx - then that error will not occur again.

kalexpor

Adventurer
so, i suggest you to re-install window and re-install ultima online and excute uo-client. it will work. and then you can do the other things for test if you need.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this policy is still usefull, i think.

for someone who really do not know about computer, i suggest that, before re-installing window, you have to copy your data which you want to maintain, to another hard-disk or usb-stick.

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mandrake of df is a cool dude he fixed my pc and now I can play if anyone else needs help I suggest him for all your pc needs

kalexpor

Adventurer
and, it is strange that you do not have the privilege of administrator about your pc, because window asks you whether you give the privilege to controll the os as like window to the uo-client, or not, at every time you execute uo-client, at that time you have given the privilege to the uo-client. but, now, you do not have the privilege of administrator? access denied?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i returned home and i saw carefully the window message that pop up when i execute uo-client, then i found out that it is only just for the patch-client to use hard-disk for patching, not to controll "os". so, i guess that it is possible to run uo-client without very high privilege as like administrator, maybe.
so, the message of "access denied" is possible to be seen, maybe.
but, still it is strange that why you, who is owner of your pc, do not have the privilege of administrator about your pc, and do not know that you do not have the privilege.

i found out that, also at my pc, the command of "chkdsk" is "access denied", and i do not know why it is.
"os" of my pc is window7, and installed program on my pc is only the ultima online. accounts on my pc are only two, "ultima" and "guest". the account name of "ultima" is my pc's name, i have regarded it as a account of administrator, but it was not.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Win 8.1 here. I have a shortcut on the desktop for CMD. I right-click and run as administrator, then anything I do in the window is admin rights as well - including chkdsk.

kalexpor

Adventurer
Win 8.1 here. I have a shortcut on the desktop for CMD. I right-click and run as administrator, then anything I do in the window is admin rights as well - including chkdsk.

thank you very much.

it is same, also at window7. the account named as "ultima" is the account of administrator, exactly.
thank you so much, Spartan.

Last edited: