• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

x86

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that file x86 is corrupted and wont let a lot of us back into uo 31269433 if some one wants my icq number also if you need my phone number contact me please
ill give it privately , ive rebooted my computer reset it back to factory settings and it lets me back in for a few log ins but then bam x 86 comes back up error code about file x86 please help me /all of uo please

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
that file x86 is corrupted and wont let a lot of us back into uo 31269433 if some one wants my icq number also if you need my phone number contact me please
ill give it privately , ive rebooted my computer reset it back to factory settings and it lets me back in for a few log ins but then bam x 86 comes back up error code about file x86 please help me /all of uo please
Good afternoon, what is the error code you are receiving?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this typically isnt a UO problem but rather a windows problem. what version windows are you using? are you running two hard drives on your computer or just one?

try right clicking on UO, properties and see if UO is read only or not.

Also make sure all your drivers for windows are updated as this will cause that error as well.

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
win10 I don't even get a news screen now it blinks in and out real fast

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guarantee this is a windows 10 problem and not a UO problem. did you happen to upgrade from 7 to 10 recently or was the computer bought with win 10 on it? Again i would make sure all of win 10 updates are installed and drivers are current.

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought a Lenovo win10 was on it now I keep crashing and a friend loaded iobit and it deleted x86 and maybe fixed the problem but it wont work for me

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Good evening,

Do you have issues loading anything else or just UO?

Also have you tried running the CHKDSK utility?

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
running the chkdsk now, after running it it wasn't free so I cant pay for it so that one cant work

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I cant pay for it but it said nothing found then it asked me to pY FOR IT

You shouldn't be prompted for payment with the CHKDSK utility since it is a built in maintenance utility to you system.

Did you run CHKDSK from the command prompt?

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
win10 OK I TYPED IN COMMAND IT TOOK ME THERE I TRYIED IT and it said access denied

kalexpor

Adventurer
at first i have to say that i am not a experenced engineer. but,

i sujest to reinstall the file x86, because the error code said "file x86 is corrupted".

and there can be many kinds of reason in the area of file corrupting, including the hacking.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
access denied
Hi,

Without being able to access the administrative function for your windows command prompt it may take a considerable amount of time to troubleshoot.

You can try doing the CHKDSK from your computers Safe Mode.

Or also perform a systems file check. (Sfc/scannow)

If you have the back up disk you can always try using it to reload files. It has been some time but I believe those also have a repair feature on them.

I will check back tomorrow to see if you've had any luck.

kalexpor

Adventurer
and, it is strange that you do not have the privilege of administrator about your pc, because window asks you whether you give the privilege to controll the os as like window to the uo-client, or not, at every time you execute uo-client, at that time you have given the privilege to the uo-client. but, now, you do not have the privilege of administrator? access denied?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i returned home and i saw carefully the window message that pop up when i execute uo-client, then i found out that it is only just for the patch-client to use hard-disk for patching, not to controll "os". so, i guess that it is possible to run uo-client without very high privilege as like administrator, maybe.
so, the message of "access denied" is possible to be seen, maybe.
but, still it is strange that why you, who is owner of your pc, do not have the privilege of administrator about your pc, and do not know that you do not have the privilege.

Last edited:

kalexpor

Adventurer
so, i suggest you to re-install window and re-install ultima online and excute uo-client. it will work. and then you can do the other things for test if you need.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this policy is still usefull, i think.

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a file named X86, where is this coming from?

I have a file FOLDER named Program Files (X86). In that folder are the majority of the programs that are installed, except the newest programs which are in a folder named simply Program Files.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've had a similar problem before when games went into the 'program files X86' and they wouldn't run at all, just an error message. After investigating on the internet the technical support people said to move them, when the files were installed again in plain old 'program files' ( or vice versa!) everything was fine, seems some older games particularly have this problem.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't have a file named X86, where is this coming from?

I have a file FOLDER named Program Files (X86). In that folder are the majority of the programs that are installed, except the newest programs which are in a folder named simply Program Files.
Hi Parnoc,

That would be the file he's referring to.
It simply stores different bit programs.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
and, it is strange that you do not have the privilege of administrator about your pc, because window asks you whether you give the privilege to controll the os as like window to the uo-client, or not, at every time you execute uo-client, at that time you have given the privilege to the uo-client. but, now, you do not have the privilege of administrator? access denied?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i returned home and i saw carefully the window message that pop up when i execute uo-client, then i found out that it is only just for the patch-client to use hard-disk for patching, not to controll "os". so, i guess that it is possible to run uo-client without very high privilege as like administrator, maybe.
so, the message of "access denied" is possible to be seen, maybe.
but, still it is strange that why you, who is owner of your pc, do not have the privilege of administrator about your pc, and do not know that you do not have the privilege.
It's not an uncommon problem, especially with windows 10. Sometimes the user defaults to the non admin profile.

He'd just have to switch or activate admin privileges.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe you better screenshot the error. I doubt it says "bam x86 is corrupted" :rolleyes:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Parnoc,

That would be the file he's referring to.
It simply stores different bit programs.
I kinda assumed that but wasn't sure, but I sure wouldn't wanna delete my "X86" folder, it's got more than half my programs in it. Goes ta show ya, us oldsters like old stuff, heh

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Program Files (x86) stores 32 bit programs in a 64 bit enviroment. Program Files stores 64 bit programs in a 64 bit enviroment. Thoose are both system folders, and files inside are needed for windows and programs to work.
If you try delete thoose folders, you will have to reinstall your computer and all programs.

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I restored my computer and the game and I got in but it was very very slow I'm to stupid to try anything else I just play my game and reboot every 3 to 4 days :(

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks for everyones help
hopefully ea/broadsword will send out a fix it
Don't want to be mean, but you hardly told us any information about your problem at all. If you told them the same detailed information, they will have a hard time fixing whatever you're trying to report.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for everyones help
hopefully ea/broadsword will send out a fix it
I think this is a local issue on your computer. You should check it for virus / malware, do a scan disk and defrag the drive. If you deleted thoose folders, you may have to repair your windows installation.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why I do not want win 10...
the errors and headaches
If I understood him correctly
Program Files (x86) was giving him error corrupted message
Its a software issue.
Not a game issue with UO.
I will say on his behalf he may not able to get in and run as admin might be due to the place he purchased the unit from.
Some sales stores put their units up for sale after the service department installs ..
some have this thing about locking the customer out when its under their warrantee.
And to "break that lock" would void his warrantee.
A local Big chain electronics store here has a habit of putting in a passcode lock on the systems they sell when they do the software install.
Most times this will keep you out of admin.

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no ive been contacted by a few other people its there game I can play other games also after I redownloaded it I still got access denied

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think this entire thread could be used as training material for... something. Mostly how not to ask for technical support and how not to attempt to provide it when literally no-one here can possibly have any idea what the problem is as the OP's posts are completely devoid of any relevant or useful material to even begin some kind of sensible support pathway to address the problem.

I suggest opening a ticket with support. At least they're paid to deal with end-user problems and, in some cases, extract the proverbial blood from the stone to find out even the basics of what the problem might be so potential root causes via sensible and clear diagnostics can be identified.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think this entire thread could be used as training material for... something. Mostly how not to ask for technical support and how not to attempt to provide it when literally no-one here can possibly have any idea what the problem is as the OP's posts are completely devoid of any relevant or useful material to even begin some kind of sensible support pathway to address the problem.

I suggest opening a ticket with support. At least they're paid to deal with end-user problems and, in some cases, extract the proverbial blood from the stone to find out even the basics of what the problem might be so potential root causes via sensible and clear diagnostics can be identified.
My rule of thumb is: Don't spent more time on an answer than the OP on his question ;)

kalexpor

Adventurer
This is why I do not want win 10...
the errors and headaches
If I understood him correctly
Program Files (x86) was giving him error corrupted message
Its a software issue.
Not a game issue with UO.
I will say on his behalf he may not able to get in and run as admin might be due to the place he purchased the unit from.
Some sales stores put their units up for sale after the service department installs ..
some have this thing about locking the customer out when its under their warrantee.
And to "break that lock" would void his warrantee.
A local Big chain electronics store here has a habit of putting in a passcode lock on the systems they sell when they do the software install.
Most times this will keep you out of admin.
lady storm, thank you very much. it is a new information for me, and it seems like a very important information for me.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

There's truth here but doesn't take much to run simple diagnostics which often fix the problem.

Unfortunately, he was unable to do so due to admin privileges.

Sometimes it's best just to let the people you bought it from handle the problems.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most do come with a auto 90 day in case of defects from best buy call and ask them

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone can walk me threw a fix it let me know ill give you my phone number please
\