• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a transcript of this morning's M&G?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes I did read it... doesn't mean anyone remembered... the 13th was a heck of a long time ago.

Though your right Larisa the ones on asian shards seem to take much longer with all the translations going on and sometimes I feel they want to ask things but can't quite get the translations... and it comes out strange and Mesanna doesn't really get the whole concept of it at times... though it seems better this time...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Though your right Larisa the ones on asian shards seem to take much longer with all the translations going on and sometimes I feel they want to ask things but can't quite get the translations... and it comes out strange and Mesanna doesn't really get the whole concept of it at times... though it seems better this time...
Indeed, Dot.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I did read it... doesn't mean anyone remembered... the 13th was a heck of a long time ago.

Plus there's the whole timezone thing. Japan is about 15 hours ahead of the US, if I remember right? Most of us can't attend at that time. I'll agree that translating is definitely an issue - even if it's accurate, their phrasing would be different/harder to understand because English is probably not something they're familiar with (at the very least, they may not have a proficiency that's on the level of a native speaker.)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Plus there's the whole timezone thing. Japan is about 15 hours ahead of the US, if I remember right? Most of us can't attend at that time. I'll agree that translating is definitely an issue - even if it's accurate, their phrasing would be different/harder to understand because English is probably not something they're familiar with (at the very least, they may not have a proficiency that's on the level of a native speaker.)
I have a friend who reads that stuff and she translated for me one time the transcript with all that in it and confirmed translations for me... they are accurate.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That was so funny!! So are you two related or what? :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not by any stretch of my imagination... though we do play in the same circle... so to speak... on the same shard.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If anyone had their doubts they I'd invite them to our Discord but... Dot Probably wouldn't like that. Just trust me when I say we are miles apart...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*Coughs and sputters before sending a million spiders to invade Dot's home*

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Though your right Larisa
Indeed, Dot.
Since I've now started getting PM's about this... yes we know that Malagaste and Dot Warner are different people.

It was a joke. Malagaste accidentally referred to Riyana as Larisa in her post, so Riyana then referred to Malagaste as Dot to point out the mistake in a funny way.

No, Riyana was not accusing them of being the same person, and no we are not going to ban them for breaking the Stratics rule about one person pretending to be two seperate people to trick others.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion. o.0

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Since I've now started getting PM's about this... yes we know that Malagaste and Dot Warner are different people.

It was a joke. Malagaste accidentally referred to Riyana as Larisa in her post, so Riyana then referred to Malagaste as Dot to point out the mistake in a funny way.

No, Riyana was not accusing them of being the same person, and no we are not going to ban them for breaking the Stratics rule about one person pretending to be two seperate people to trick others.

Thanks, Nexus.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

:facepalm:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'll refrain from making any more jokes. Carry on.

:pie:

EDIT: To be clear, that's me on the LEFT in this emoji.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Probably because NO ONE KNEW....
More likely because everyone knew that if you ask them a tough/hard/serious question, the answer would be:

1) Not at this time
2) We will look into it (with nothing further ever said)
3) It's not in our plans at this time
4) We can't right now, we are working on (whatever)
5) Soon!

I understand they are great if you want Mesanna to dye something for you though. So there IS that.

So they didn't bother to waste their time. :(