• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Easy way to calculate for imbuning

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is doing my head in ....

Is there an easier way of assessing loot items, to see if they can be imbuned.

I have had some items, say jewellery that will allow me to alter/swap or increase stats or skills.

Other items that to me look the same, I get the msg 'this item can not be imbued anymore .... ' ( these are fresh looted items, not previously imbued).

Now before I go and unravel or bin a bunch of stuff I might be able to alter / fixup I want to see what their 'options' are.

At the moment I'm testing each item via the imbuning skill. This is driving me crazy !!!!!

There has to be a better way - no ????

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It looks amazing but .... its all to numeric ....

I have to face it - I cant count !!!

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Pointing him to the imbuing calculator is not useful as thats not the question he's asking. He wants to know how he can tell whether items he's found or bought are imbuable with new stats, or if certain stats on them can be imbued into other stats. The imbuing calculator doesnt tell you these things.

The real answer is that it can be tricky to the untrained eye to know whether something can be imbued with new stats or have stats swapped because some stats that count against your 5 stat limit are not obvious like lower requirements, some stats are not imbuable and many other reasons.

Your best bet is to take the item to a soulforge, and try to imbue it with a stat that is already on it (so if it already has LRC, try to imbue LRC onto it). The next screen will then show you how many stats are already on the item (it will be like 2/5 or 3/5 or 4/5 for example), meaning you can add more stats to it to bring it to 5 total stats. It will also tell you how much imbuing weight is used up as well. Cancel out the gump and go decide which extra stats you want to add and in what quantities. You can now use the imbuing calculator the other guys pointed you to to figure out how much will fit.

As for swapping stats for other stats, this is very limited. You can swap stats on Jewellery where you see a skill. For example meditation skill on a piece of jewellery can be swapped for another skill. the trick here is that it cant be swapped for just any skill. skills are organized into groupings and you can only swap it for another skill in that group.

As far as weapons go, you can swap the below stats :
  • a ‘slayer’ property.
  • a ‘hit spell’ effect
  • a ‘hit area’ effect
In short, imbuing and crafting can be complex because the game has been around 20 years and the nuances of crafting and what works and doesnt has become similarly complex. You can learn it, but it will take you some time. Add in reforging, enhancing, whetstoning, mage armor, self repair and a whole host of wierd behaviours and a newbie can be quickly overwhelmed.

Innessa,

Royal Artificers

[Discussion] - Crafting Needs? Re-Forging, Imbuing, Enhancing - Suits, Weapons etc. - Contact Royal Artificers

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pointing him to the imbuing calculator is not useful as thats not the question he's asking. He wants to know how he can tell whether items he's found or bought are imbuable with new stats, or if certain stats on them can be imbued into other stats. The imbuing calculator doesnt tell you these things.

The real answer is that it can be tricky to the untrained eye to know whether something can be imbued with new stats or have stats swapped because some stats that count against your 5 stat limit are not obvious like lower requirements, some stats are not imbuable and many other reasons.

Your best bet is to take the item to a soulforge, and try to imbue it with a stat that is already on it (so if it already has LRC, try to imbue LRC onto it). The next screen will then show you how many stats are already on the item (it will be like 2/5 or 3/5 or 4/5 for example), meaning you can add more stats to it to bring it to 5 total stats. It will also tell you how much imbuing weight is used up as well. Cancel out the gump and go decide which extra stats you want to add and in what quantities. You can now use the imbuing calculator the other guys pointed you to to figure out how much will fit.

As for swapping stats for other stats, this is very limited. You can swap stats on Jewellery where you see a skill. For example meditation skill on a piece of jewellery can be swapped for another skill. the trick here is that it cant be swapped for just any skill. skills are organized into groupings and you can only swap it for another skill in that group.

• a ‘slayer’ property.
  • a ‘hit spell’ effect
  • a ‘hit area’ effect
In short, imbuing and crafting can be complex because the game has been around 20 years and the nuances of crafting and what works and doesnt has become similarly complex. You can learn it, but it will take you some time. Add in reforging, enhancing, whetstoning, mage armor, self repair and a whole host of wierd behaviours and a newbie can be quickly overwhelmed.

Innessa,

Royal Artificers

[Discussion] - Crafting Needs? Re-Forging, Imbuing, Enhancing - Suits, Weapons etc. - Contact Royal Artificers

Thank you...

IMO it's all too overly complicated... if I find something yes I try to imbue more onto it... if I can... however usually you can't... so yeah.

But It's all too complicated IMO for me to try to explain to someone how to figure out if something can have something added or not... I wouldn't have the slightest notion just looking at an item... again like you said I'd have to take it to the Queens forge and see.

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you...

IMO it's all too overly complicated... if I find something yes I try to imbue more onto it... if I can... however usually you can't... so yeah.

But It's all too complicated IMO for me to try to explain to someone how to figure out if something can have something added or not... I wouldn't have the slightest notion just looking at an item... again like you said I'd have to take it to the Queens forge and see.
Yup it's complex. It's what allows me to run a thriving business doing it for people instead.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It seems like the pet "imbuing" system is better with a planner. I have to use an excel sheet to calculate the weights outside the game. I think this should be part of the game function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you...

Wouldn't the setup you use tell him how many points are used on an item?

Then

• a ‘slayer’ property.
  • a ‘hit spell’ effect
  • a ‘hit area’ effect