• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am not one to complain but

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can be damn ****ing sure no developer has ever done an event with those explosions while running the Enhanced Client, I know this has been brought up a hundred times but if one had experienced it they wouldn't be spending so much time on pretty pets snd other non game stopping candy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can be damn shawarmaing sure no developer has ever done an event with those explosions while running the Enhanced Client, I know this has been brought up a hundred times but if one had experienced it they wouldn't be spending so much time on pretty pets snd other non game stopping candy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that's just it years ago I think maybe they played but it's obvious that none do now and it's even more obvious that NONE of them attempt to play in the EC

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The EC has bugs but there are way more useful functions than the CC. Perhaps that is why they are still looking for software Engineers to help clean it up, but resources are tied to other areas.

CC users are not familiar with all the functions in the EC so they don't see any reason to change.

EC users are too familiar with the improved functions that they can no longer go back to the CC.

Well if graphics is an issue for CC users, I don't mind having 100% EC functions with CC graphics.

One thing though I think it's good for EC to have uoam functions, such as panic button (map flashing) and able to locate the position of anyone in the group regardless of the facet they are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My husband pointed out the problems with this spell effect more than once to our EM, but come the next event same old thing again, I don't know how much control the EM's have over the actual implementing of mobs etc, it may be that someone higher up decides... we rarely go to EM events now, which is a shame as our EM is very nice!

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
My husband pointed out the problems with this spell effect more than once to our EM, but come the next event same old thing again, I don't know how much control the EM's have over the actual implementing of mobs etc, it may be that someone higher up decides... we rarely go to EM events now, which is a shame as our EM is very nice!
Turn all particle details off, basically turn all the options except spells casted off and it should go a bit better.
I havea 2.500Eu set up and I still get problems, so its known to be server side crash/lag.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh I already turned everything down, put all the people at the event on ignore, turned of all chat except guild, minimised everything on the other monitor....I still crash at least once every event I go to, I wouldn't mind if my PC was really old, but it has no problem running ESO... don't even get me started on trying to loot the boss corpse! :eek:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Oh I already turned everything down, put all the people at the event on ignore, turned of all chat except guild, minimised everything on the other monitor....I still crash at least once every event I go to, I wouldn't mind if my PC was really old, but it has no problem running ESO... don't even get me started on trying to loot the boss corpse! :eek:
You running ICQ or Ventrilo/Teamspeak?

Although these applications shouldn't affect in theory, I have them all turned off also at events, and I seem to get a few less hiccups, although that can just be me thinking positive and really does no change whatsoever.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
No no I don't have anything like that, oh god now I sound really anti-social! :D
I've noticed something else actually that is really weird, the EC seems to crash almost exactly 2 hours after I start UO up, regular as clockwork!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You running ICQ or Ventrilo/Teamspeak?

Although these applications shouldn't affect in theory, I have them all turned off also at events, and I seem to get a few less hiccups, although that can just be me thinking positive and really does no change whatsoever.
Run Discord... ICQ and Ventrilo are oldschool...

As for that it doesn't have any effect at all.... runs on a different core of the PC...

At any rate what is the problem has been discussed over and over at length to Bleak and Kyronix... we've BEGGED the EMs not to use that crap... then the next week we get one that spams it NON-STOP...

IMO Mesanna is the one that oversee's the EM program... it's her "baby" so to speak... and IMO she is the one to blame when it comes to this BS... And she knows full well it's a problem... One has to wonder how much the Multiboxer bots pay her to destroy the events for everyone else... to kill events for everyone in the EC and to prevent them from looting??? She must be getting some sort of kick back... because seriously this has gone on long enough... There will be no more excuses come September... we'll be face to face then.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Run Discord... ICQ and Ventrilo are oldschool...

As for that it doesn't have any effect at all.... runs on a different core of the PC...

At any rate what is the problem has been discussed over and over at length to Bleak and Kyronix... we've BEGGED the EMs not to use that crap... then the next week we get one that spams it NON-STOP...

IMO Mesanna is the one that oversee's the EM program... it's her "baby" so to speak... and IMO she is the one to blame when it comes to this BS... And she knows full well it's a problem... One has to wonder how much the Multiboxer bots pay her to destroy the events for everyone else... to kill events for everyone in the EC and to prevent them from looting??? She must be getting some sort of kick back... because seriously this has gone on long enough... There will be no more excuses come September... we'll be face to face then.
I was gonna say Discord but my dear friend Shri, is a little older than me and I didnt know if she knew about the programme, so before boggling her mind with something that might be a mystery for her and went for the safe bet of ICQ and Vent/TS.:p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is and it is developed by Gamers for Gamers... Rather like it. Quit really using ICQ and Vent since I started using Discord.

It's rather like Ventrilo, ICQ, and Skype all in one... they are working on the video aspects of skype now but they haven't quite gotten there. Won't be long though I'm sure and yeah completely FREE.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
one of the big reasons i stopped playing was how bad the em events got. I didnt like the idea of the multi boxers being not only allowed but seem to be welcomed. However, the main reason i stopped going was this.

em event.PNG

This is what the EMs supernova looked like to me every time. It would stay like this for 2 seconds or so and then id be released from the lag, or sometimes on rare occasions the whole program would shut down. The only things that would freeze is the program itself, not my computer, why i was able to grab the picture. 16 gigs of ram, 4 gig vid card, 2nd gen i7 processor, google fiber isp.... yeah I can literally stream espn on one screen, throw up vent, icq, discord, on another and play LoL on my main screen with no problems ever.

Yeah EC is broke, and they have been ignoring the issues so long it really does make you think that the staff are getting kick backs to keep it that way.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also, hitting cntl-a at the wrong time can really screw you.

cntrl a for the losss.PNG

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can honestly say I've never hit Ctrl+A... thank gods...

However the other one from you the white crap I see all the time as well as 100's of billowing fireballs from hell causing my computer which I'll be honest has about the same specs as yours... grind to a HALT... in short order...

Not to mention the impossibility of opening a public corpse... which honestly is lets face it is a HUGE reason for even doing anything in game is to get loot is it not???

Sure I enjoy EM Events for the story... but at the end of the day I'd like to come home with something for my resources spent... generally I'm down at least 2 or 300 arrows another 100 or so bandages and 2 hours of my time and when I return empty handed... and frustrated from all of the above... having something or getting something decent kinda makes up for it...but when you can't even open the corpse????? what's the point?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Scribbles that is exactly what my screen looks like, it just keeps flashing like that until I eventually get kicked back to desktop.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
one of the big reasons i stopped playing was how bad the em events got. I didnt like the idea of the multi boxers being not only allowed but seem to be welcomed. However, the main reason i stopped going was this
Yea events are really all I have left in game and 2/3 this month were client crashing explosions, Pacific last night I had to hard close client, got back on and the explosions continued and hard closed again, third time I got on boss was dead so it was swell. Mine look different than yours and last way longer than 2 seconds, I will get a screen shot as its not bright white but clearly the explosions

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I get the flashing white screen but my husband gets different problems, everything just slows to nothing for him, but he rarely gets kicked to desktop, we don't have the same video card. Either way it makes EM events not fun, we don't have the same problems anywhere else with the same spell effect going off, so it must be a combination of the effect itself and so many players on-screen at the same time.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
gee ... I wonder if there's a solution to these problems ... hmmm

choice A: complain about it not working for years before they fix it and get no drops ... or ...
choice B: temporarily use the 2d client until they fix it

I guarantee none of these people will even consider choice B and just complain more instead :)

(btw, thx for all the drops that I'm getting on the backs of your stubbornness - more drops for me - hehe)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

choice A: complain about it not working for years before they fix it and get no drops ... or ...

I guarantee none of these people will even consider choice B and just complain more instead :)

(btw, thx for all the drops that I'm getting on the backs of your stubbornness - more drops for me - hehe)
Temporarily as in "for the next 4 years"?

You forgot option C) give the money to some other game where your client doesn't reproducable freeze on their endgame content (like every other game out there).

:troll:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not everyone is totally closed-minded about which client they use! To be honest using the CC is just no longer an option for me after using the EC for a year. I used to be one of those people that said CC or nothing but I find the screen jerks in such an unpleasant way if I try to use it now. I just don't go to the EM events any more.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If they could fix the classic bags in the EC so they line up with CC I'd happily swap between EC and CC as needed. I love mining in CC and I love adventuring in EC.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been well over 5 years since I've really played the CC ... anytime I log in there I can't even figure out anymore how to talk, guild or alliance chat, let alone party, or anything else...

There is no going back now... besides... I hate losing the ability to see all my pets information on ONE page... I hate not seeing the "caps" of item properties when I look at something... I need all the help I can get in deciding is this whatever Item worth my time or not??? If I had to commit to memory every tiny detail like what is the cap on SSI, physical resist, MR or whatever it would take me forever to decide if something is decent or a pile of junk... I like how negative properties stand out with Pinco's... Otherwise I'm sure I'd pick up a lot of crap and later notice Oh drat! This is cursed.... or Antique on a weapon I thought was ok... and now see isn't... No thanks...

It has become my way of playing anymore... without it well it would take most the "joy" out of playing. With all the crap on items anymore it just boggles the mind trying to figure out if something is decent or not... totaling resists, imbuing property weight and all that garbage... and then you get something you think is super home only to find that in order to use and wear it you have to have 125 str... I don't think I have a single character that can even put on anything that needs 125 str... not to mention.... even if I did have one the instant you got cursed or hit with weaken it would be off... having that show up in red is awesome. Just saying.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The EC client physically hurts my eyes. Just looking at a screenshot of it hurts my eyes. The screen shot Scibbles posted hurts my eyes.

Maybe they make a filter or glasses I could use.

Until then Its CC for me. We all cant choose between the clients.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Working on it, really only need the CC last 15 minutes of event, hell of a change though. I would love to cut into your drops :p