• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is the Consume Damage HPR nerf too much?

What should happen with the Consume Damage nerf?

• Take it back to the original specs

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Leave it at the nerfed cap of 30

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Find a "middle ground" nerf

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am asking because I feel it is. I have tested it and can see a big difference with some of my pets. Please vote. I would love some feedback as to whether I am correct in my thinking. Or if I am off base.

@Bleak @Kyronix please feel free to look at the results :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sure.. there is no doubt once the pet revamp hit that the combination of Consume and increased hp's/resists etc became something that even I (a tamer addict) would say was OP. But carrying it to where it is currently at on TC is imho laughable. It makes the grind that is getting/finding a level 3 primer nowhere near worth it. If the 'reports' of Consume hitting as high as 150-170 are accurate then try to find a sweet spot between those numbers and the 30 number that is currently on TC.... start at the 85ish range and work from there...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
oh and btw...

I also think the mana cost should be re-evaluated. We should not be able to run Consume, cast spells and regen mana *shrugs*.. now, consider the source of that comment ;)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So we can accurately test this and figure out if it's a fair nerf, what pets and or mobs are you finding the issue with.

As for run consume, cast spells and regen mana.... that's a decently priced suit and spec 120 taming/lore and 100 med and 30 mana regen on suit... so... nerf the people who worked for it... and it further hurts the people who don't because their consume will last even shorter?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
nerf the people who worked for it... and it further hurts the people who don't because their consume will last even shorter?
Hmmmm.... o_O

:confused2:

Got me there.. definitely should be a way to "fix" that without further hurting those who have not been able to snag the higher end stuff or the casual player...

A few years ago Draconi was talking about "limited returns".. and mr seemed to really give no real huge benefit after the mr18 range... maybe some kind of return to that mindset??

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you don't want to hurt the people who haven't worked for it? But want to for the 120 natural skill tamers who have? That makes no sense, tamers should be rewarded for being true tamers instead of jewelry tamers. Swordsman are rewarded for 120 real. I don't expect my half arsed characters to perform as well as those who put the effort or skill points into it.

This is a TAMING MASTERY. You have mastered the art of taming.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I understand what you are saying when it comes to the taming mastery.. but what does being a taming master have to do with ones ability to regen mana? The two are separate issues for me.. not linked. I mean heck the same thing imo should be looked at when it comes to any buff that has a mana cost... none of them should be able to be ran around with clock with no limit due to someone over regenning the effects of it...

but to each their own :)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand what you are saying when it comes to the taming mastery.. but what does being a taming master have to do with ones ability to regen mana? The two are separate issues for me.. not linked. I mean heck the same thing imo should be looked at when it comes to any buff that has a mana cost... none of them should be able to be ran around with clock with no limit due to someone over regenning the effects of it...

but to each their own :)
I think in this case the MR and Consume are tied together. I know that the higher your "real" skill in taming and lore are, the lower the mana cost the Consume Damage takes to keep up.

FYI, good discussion so far IMO! Keep it up. :)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Because that is what happens when you gain in taming skill, the mana cost is reduced the higher your natural skill. It just becomes more efficient as your taming goes higher. the 110 tamer in the same 30 mr/100 med suit just won't have consume be as efficient because it costs more, therefore is more of a mana drain The mana regen efficiency *is* the perk for natural taming. So they are very much linked.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they are going to leave it as it is now the least they need to do is reduce the cost... at present it isn't worth running the return value on the mana cost is too high.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they are going to leave it as it is now the least they need to do is reduce the cost... at present it isn't worth running the return value on the mana cost is too high.
@Bleak I think if they do end up leaving it at 30, there needs to be a way to recoup the PS's on the pets that have been trained and "imbued" using the current/production shard caps. I know a have at least 10-15 pets that I won't use in certain instances because of the nerf.

Let's face it, if the pets are going to take more damage (Which I have tested and found to be true), then at a minimum they are going to need more HP's. Not something I can change on my current pets of course.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I get ya there... One of my tamers is real skill 95/95.. and even he can out regen the cost of Consume, granted on that particular char it is only 1 tick of mana for each cycle... I have no problem with a natural 120/120 tamer getting a lower mana cost on Consume than a 95/95 tamer. I know all too well how many hours were dedicated to getting that level of skill.. and players should see some benefit from it. For me it's not really a mana cost issue as much as it is the suits are getting utterly insane...

which.. don't get me wrong now.. I will enjoy the benefits of them as much, and as long as I can.. I just think it is something that should be tempered some across the board.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The boat has sailed on that. The suits and combos unfortunately are out there. The mana regen is out there for people. You know what I would love nerfed, but know will never happen? +skills on armor/jewelry. No way someone with 90, 100 or 110 natural taming should be able to control the same high level beasts as someone who put in the time to get 120, that to me has always been a slap in the face. So I'm good with nerfing mana regen on suits if they nerf all the +skills on suits ;) But I don't expect that to happen. I understand there gear is out there and it's not going anywhere.

So what is the difference between my 120 tamer and a 90? a few mana per second on consume. And I accept that is the current state of the game and unlikely to change.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I get ya there... One of my tamers is real skill 95/95.. and even he can out regen the cost of Consume, granted on that particular char it is only 1 tick of mana for each cycle..
And what is his spec and his gear? Saying this without specifics is meaningless.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And what is his spec and his gear? Saying this without specifics is meaningless.
real skill 95 taming.. 110 lore (forgot I raised that a while back lol) and last I counted around mr32 and 98 med (decreasing to raise taming)..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If that indeed is the case, which I am highly suspect of. The nerf would be needed to mediation skill, not mana regen. And then maybe low natural taming and how it works with taming mastery should be looked at.

MR on suits is also capped at 30.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe just adjust the Mana Consumption so it's still a benefit to the pet to run it without having to sacrifice as much. Maybe 1/2 the mana cost of what it used to be since it would usually be what 80+ In some fights?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If that indeed is the case, which I am highly suspect of.
Ummm what part are you suspect of?

MR on suits is also capped at 30.
Never seen where that was the case.. the last I knew the moved away from a cap and moved towards the "diminishing returns" system.. but that was also around the time imbuing hit... so I could have missed that info on one of my UO breaks...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ummm what part are you suspect of?

Never seen where that was the case.. the last I knew the moved away from a cap and moved towards the "diminishing returns" system.. but that was also around the time imbuing hit... so I could have missed that info on one of my UO breaks...
My understanding is that it is "diminishing returns" not a hard cap.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Even if it is diminishing rer
@Bleak

Let's face it, if the pets are going to take more damage (Which I have tested and found to be true), then at a minimum they are going to need more HP's. Not something I can change on my current pets of course.
Can you give examples of pets (plus skills) and mobs you have tested this on also the template of your tamer?

The more precise information people can give regarding how it affects Tamers, the better other tamers can test to confirm the problem. Also the better Bleak can look at it.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even if it is diminishing rer

Can you give examples of pets (plus skills) and mobs you have tested this on also the template of your tamer?

The more precise information people can give regarding how it affects Tamers, the better other tamers can test to confirm the problem. Also the better Bleak can look at it.
I have tested it on Ancient Wyrms, Paragon Ancient Wyrms, trogs, Lurg, Grobu, and greater dragons. With A hiryu that is fully 120 PS'd up. The pet takes a lot more damage than before the nerf. The crim and plat drakes do even worse on test (they have less HP's), and I feel like they will no longer be useful in the situations they were designed for.

Tamer is 120 real taming and lore.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have tested it on Ancient Wyrms, Paragon Ancient Wyrms, trogs, Lurg, Grobu, and greater dragons. With A hiryu that is fully 120 PS'd up. The pet takes a lot more damage than before the nerf. The crim and plat drakes do even worse on test (they have less HP's), and I feel like they will no longer be useful in the situations they were designed for.
Ok. That is a good start. Can you tell me the hits of both the Hiryu and Crim and Plat drakes?

What is your hiryus abilities?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One example among many.......... Ossein Ram Effective Necro pet with Consume as it is. Ossein Ram worthless stable filler with consume as proposed. A lot of pets were built with lower HP and more scrolls and other attributes based on the ability to run consume to bring them up to par. With consume as proposed on TC those pets will effectively become worthless despite having 100 mil + in scrolls on them. Perhaps scaling consume to the HP of the critter might be a option? Or adding training rounds for all the very good pets about to be made useless stable fillers.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One example among many.......... Ossein Ram Effective Necro pet with Consume as it is. Ossein Ram worthless stable filler with consume as proposed. A lot of pets were built with lower HP and more scrolls and other attributes based on the ability to run consume to bring them up to par. With consume as proposed on TC those pets will effectively become worthless despite having 100 mil + in scrolls on them. Perhaps scaling consume to the HP of the critter might be a option? Or adding training rounds for all the very good pets about to be made useless stable fillers.
Exactly! This sums it up very well.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They nerfed it entirely too much. At real 120/120 you should get 60~70 HPR from it if the pet is being hit too much with physical damage.
I agree the nerf is too much, but I think Tamers should work on presenting their argument a bit better with actual data.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get ya there... One of my tamers is real skill 95/95.
So what is the difference between my 120 tamer and a 90? a few mana per second on consume. And I accept that is the current state of the game and unlikely to change.
At 95/95, Combat Training mastery isn't worth running. Takes too much Mana, and barely has any effect. The Taming Mastery abilities effectiveness scales very sharply with real skill, to the point where there's a big difference even between 115/115 and 120/120. I'm not just talking about the Mana Upkeep cost. I'm also talking about the amount of Physical damage that Empowerment/Consume Damage will absorb, and the amount of DI/SDI, HCI/HPR you'll get back.

My Disco/Tamer with 120 Taming/120 Lore (Real), 40% LMC, 12 MR, 80.0 Med and 150 Mana can run Consume Damage indefinitely, but his mana regen just barely keeps up with it. If i start casting spells, it dips into my Mana Pool, and i can cast only so many G-Heals before i run out of Mana, and have to drop Consume to regen my Mana back to full. This is in a Luck suit.

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Consume has been bugged since its inception and they just now got around to fixing it. Spending lots of gold on scrolls that people decided to do doesn't change that, that was a choice of yours instead of farming your own scrolls. There is still a hidden aspect of it where it actually eats damage that doesn't show on the buff bar icon. Only difference from nerfed one and now is the HPR wont cover the spell damage from monsters like it did before. Which mean its working correctly at the new nerfed version. Just heal your pets and stop whining.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Consume has been bugged since its inception and they just now got around to fixing it. Spending lots of gold on scrolls that people decided to do doesn't change that, that was a choice of yours instead of farming your own scrolls. There is still a hidden aspect of it where it actually eats damage that doesn't show on the buff bar icon. Only difference from nerfed one and now is the HPR wont cover the spell damage from monsters like it did before. Which mean its working correctly at the new nerfed version. Just heal your pets and stop whining.
I don't consider it whining when I made a decision based on the current parameters, and then they change them after the fact.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The best way to nerf Consume Damage, is to introduce mobs and bosses that don't deal majority Physical Damage. During an EM event last month, i was using my Saurosaurus with 85 Physical/90 Fire Resist and Consume Damage running to tank almost everything like a baws. He tanked the Hell Goats, the Tangles, the swarms of 30+ Hell Hounds, the Corruptions (looked like black Corpsers), even the two Cave Dragons spawned by the EM, all without breaking a sweat because they did mostly Physical/Fire damage. As soon as the EM spawned some Corruption Vortexes (which dealt 90% Poison Damage and looked like black EVs) and Putrifiers (which deal 50% Poison Damage) though, my Saurosaurus started running into problems since he has only 45 Poison Resist, and Consume Damage doesn't apply to Poison damage. I had to pull my Saurosaurus back to the stables, and bring out my Dread Spider, which tanked the Corruption Vortexes and Putrifiers like a baws, due to his 100% Poison Resist.

It'd be a great way to promote pet variety too. Sick and tired of seeing people bring nothing but Cu Sidhes for everything, when i'm seemingly the only person that changes pets based on what i'm hunting. The Nightmare Fairy that the new event will introduce is a good step in that direction, it has 100% Energy Resist and 80+ Cold Resist, it'll make Cu Sidhes break their teeth on it. Meanwhile, it's weakest to Fire, which Fire Beetles and 100% Fire Drakes would do well against.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you ever going to stop whining about what you perceive to be whining? ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't consider it whining when I made a decision based on the current parameters, and then they change them after the fact.
Exactly, after a couple of years the trend has been it is no longer a bug but a feature :) And not to mention this topic was beat to death when masteries came out

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it is whining when you ignore video evidence (that can be replicated by ANY tamer) in favor of "your own research." I don't know how much plainer I could make it for you - what would you like me to record next? (Insert pet here) vs Blackthorn Dexer Captain? Because I did that on TC1 as well, and had no issues...and those hit a hell of a lot harder than the 2 Dragons/2 Greater Dragons I fought in Fel Destard.

But hey, if you think Consume needs to be changed from how it is on TC1 now (it doesn't), please, by all means, post the research you've done on the subject. Preferably as a video.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just went champ Spawn and finally for the umpteenth time I got a level 3 taming mastery 3.

However I am unexcited and stuffed it somewhere in my castle and forgot where I put it.

I tested with dragons most time, and you need good mana regen to maintain consume damage and 80 plus physical resistance to have benefit for god mode afk feature. A pet with 75 physical RS is not enough. Tried this against 4Gd and 4 Dragons or so, died with consume damage (production shard).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Since it's inception you say? So it was tested on the same monsters and was Ok then. Then suddently after more than 2 years you guys have enjoyed the "exploit" and decided this is the right time to remove it? So who should we fire for this?

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The best way to nerf Consume Damage, is to introduce mobs and bosses that don't deal majority Physical Damage. During an EM event last month, i was using my Saurosaurus with 85 Physical/90 Fire Resist and Consume Damage running to tank almost everything like a baws. He tanked the Hell Goats, the Tangles, the swarms of 30+ Hell Hounds, the Corruptions (looked like black Corpsers), even the two Cave Dragons spawned by the EM, all without breaking a sweat because they did mostly Physical/Fire damage. As soon as the EM spawned some Corruption Vortexes (which dealt 90% Poison Damage and looked like black EVs) and Putrifiers (which deal 50% Poison Damage) though, my Saurosaurus started running into problems since he has only 45 Poison Resist, and Consume Damage doesn't apply to Poison damage. I had to pull my Saurosaurus back to the stables, and bring out my Dread Spider, which tanked the Corruption Vortexes and Putrifiers like a baws, due to his 100% Poison Resist.

It'd be a great way to promote pet variety too. Sick and tired of seeing people bring nothing but Cu Sidhes for everything, when i'm seemingly the only person that changes pets based on what i'm hunting. The Nightmare Fairy that the new event will introduce is a good step in that direction, it has 100% Energy Resist and 80+ Cold Resist, it'll make Cu Sidhes break their teeth on it. Meanwhile, it's weakest to Fire, which Fire Beetles and 100% Fire Drakes would do well against.
That is a good point, change the mobs not our skills.

I think we should check out what are the favourites these days, which usually means they will become OP 2 years later. Consume damage was tested and verified OK for release and now became OP with nothing changed? All of you who have spent hours training your pet, get ready for the next nerf stick. Any favourites and effective pet will be nerf down to oblivion soon and your effort will come to waste.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Other masteries are going to be x10 better and cooler, that's the underlining issue.

Rework the taming mastery.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we should check out what are the favourites these days, which usually means they will become OP 2 years later. Consume damage was tested and verified OK for release and now became OP with nothing changed? All of you who have spent hours training your pet, get ready for the next nerf stick. Any favourites and effective pet will be nerf down to oblivion soon and your effort will come to waste.
Nerfed down to oblivion? Really? Have you even tested consume on TC, or are you Malagaste 2.0/going by Keith's non-existent "Research" on the subject? It still works just fine against Blackthorn Dexer Captains...and I'm sure you know how much damage those can do to a pet. If you'd like me to test it against something else, name it.

Also, nothing's changed with pets since Consume was introduced? lolwut. Before the pet revamp, the ONLY thing it worked with was a Greater Dragon, since nothing else had the HP or resists to do any tanking. Now EVERY pet in the game can far eclipse the power of even a 5.0 GD, which allows them to make full use of Consume Damage.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nerfed down to oblivion? Really? Have you even tested consume on TC, or are you Malagaste 2.0/going by Keith's non-existent "Research" on the subject? It still works just fine against Blackthorn Dexer Captains...and I'm sure you know how much damage those can do to a pet. If you'd like me to test it against something else, name it.

Also, nothing's changed with pets since Consume was introduced? lolwut. Before the pet revamp, the ONLY thing it worked with was a Greater Dragon, since nothing else had the HP or resists to do any tanking. Now EVERY pet in the game can far eclipse the power of even a 5.0 GD, which allows them to make full use of Consume Damage.
The fact I choose not to "publish" my testing does not make it "non-existent", and to insinuate it is, is just childish. FYI, some Captains do a lot of damage to pets, some do hardly any damage at all. Surely you knew that???

Try it on the same things I did, (see post #22)on Test and on your home shard, and then tell me there isn't a pretty big difference.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Consume shouldn't protect your pet from spellcaster mobs, which is what it did prior to this. Devs obviously didn't notice how OP it was when pets weren't as strong before the taming patch. Now its easy to see how ridiculous it is, why else would the mastery cost so much if it wasn't OP. Now its gonna work like they intended it to from the start. Its still pretty strong on TC, there is no reason raise it up more. Its still gonna be the best mastery used in the game, its five times better then every other mastery. Swords mastery only costs like 20M, even after this nerf to taming mastery itll still go for 50M+. This is why I said its whining, gimme a break already.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, Why is there no option for nerfing it more, so the cap is less than 30hpr?

THIS POLE IS BIAS!!

Can only vote for what the OP feels he wants?

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Consume shouldn't protect your pet from spellcaster mobs, which is what it did prior to this. Devs obviously didn't notice how OP it was when pets weren't as strong before the taming patch. Now its easy to see how ridiculous it is, why else would the mastery cost so much if it wasn't OP. Now its gonna work like they intended it to from the start. Its still pretty strong on TC, there is no reason raise it up more. Its still gonna be the best mastery used in the game, its five times better then every other mastery. Swords mastery only costs like 20M, even after this nerf to taming mastery itll still go for 50M+. This is why I said its whining, gimme a break already.
Best mastery!? why? because it's simple? 1. it has no application in pvp 2. POTENTIAL 30 hpr increase from absorbing physical damage only, the HCI is by the by unless we're talking about improving odds of your pet hitting fient increasing it's defense substantially for 6 seconds.
Yes in terms of tanking and in comparison to the old high rating greater dragons that greater healed themselves pretty well, tanking via pets got improved :
20 HPR pet and either take a cu that now has 120 heal/anatomy or bushido hiryuu with defensive skills BUT forget about the pet tanking! that crap was possible way before animal taming mastery and the taming rework, The player itself is still at the same risk as before and killing the best things in the game is still more or less exactly the same and the sampire still holds the crown, nothing has changed! Unless of course you are one of few people who doesn't lke the fact a T-Rex is getting butchered without barely a finger lifted but who's fault is that! the creature has bloody brain dead AI and is 100% physical!

To clarify, animal taming mastery is useless for pvp, it has nothing to protect the tamer itself or give him any utility other than make an already tanky pet even tankier (worth it...no) + actually sapping away the mana of the tamer provides the tamer with even less utility than he already started with. How in the hell can you say with confidence that Consume damage is the best mastery when it's the most expensive HCI buff I have ever fricking seen and if you think animal taming mastery is the best I don't want to ever know of what templates you create. Any bard mastery is better than this, playing the odds from archery is better, pick any other mastery than taming it has more versatility not only in pvm but pvp too.

I don't even have real animal taming skill btw I skill bonus with jewellery but I'm involving myself in this discussion because other than whispering which my good friend uses for my pet's on occasion this mastery is not only truly shafted next publish but it was shafted to begin with. Making pet's tankier is op? do me a favor and give me a break!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh and btw...

I also think the mana cost should be re-evaluated. We should not be able to run Consume, cast spells and regen mana *shrugs*.. now, consider the source of that comment ;)
Currently unless you completely gimp your template and suit towards generating mana, you can't run Consume, cast spells and regen mana.
If you nerf Consume to a point that it's just another spell, then the mana requirements should be dropped, not raised. If you balance it to a point where Consume is the only thing you can do at a given time, then yeah, it better be powerful or nobody will use it. For an example of this look at 90% of masteries. High mana demands combined with mediocre returns results in zero use.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The best way to nerf Consume Damage, is to introduce mobs and bosses that don't deal majority Physical Damage.
That's not nerfing in the sense of balancing it. That's making it useless. Do you see anyone bothering to use Consume if majority of pets are doing elemental Damage, especially with the mastery switching timer?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact I choose not to "publish" my testing does not make it "non-existent", and to insinuate it is, is just childish. FYI, some Captains do a lot of damage to pets, some do hardly any damage at all. Surely you knew that???

Try it on the same things I did, (see post #22)on Test and on your home shard, and then tell me there isn't a pretty big difference.
No **** I was aware of it, since Dexer Captains have the 3x damage on pets ability. Why do you think I went there? btw, you know Ancient Wyrms do 25% fire damage, right?

I'm not disputing the difference between the amount of damage healed by Consume on live shards and what it's healing on Test. In my 4v1 video, if I did that on LS or Atl, the White Wyrm wouldn't have gone below 90% health. My issue is the whining about post-nerf Consume being useless, when it isn't. If anything, live shards Consume is OVERPOWERED (and has been since 2015), which is why it's getting fixed.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Currently unless you completely gimp your template and suit towards generating mana, you can't run Consume, cast spells and regen mana.
With suits being what they are these days you can be gimp really easy though. Most especially if you throw in a little Soul Charge. Heck about the only time I really run out of mana is when I am spamming 813+ WOD's and running Consume... *shrugs*