• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did something get messed up with mouse over displays in recent patch?

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is driving me nuts. Classic Client issue that from what I can tell has appeared quite suddenly in the recent patch, as all of a sudden I am noticing some strange behavior with the mouse over displays. There is a weird delay between when the mouse cursor is over an object and when the object properties display next to the mouse cursor and it causes the display to appear wherever the mouse stops. Take a look at this picture:

CCWeirdness.png

Here is what happens. If I run the mouse to a stackable object (in this case bandages) and drag the object BEFORE the object properties display appears, the gump (shown in the above picture) will appear and then the display will appear OVER the gump - this causes the keyboard's focus to return to the normal chat rather than the gump. What this means, in other words, is that instead of dragging a stack and immediately typing a number if I want to break the stack, I have to drag, move the mouse to get rid of the object properties display, click in the number field on the gump, and then type. This is driving me insane.

I've noticed similar behavior with pretty much any other object. If I run my mouse across an object I can make the object property display appear away from the item at wherever the mouse lands. It seems like there is some kind of delay between when the mouse cursor hovers over an object and the object property display pops up, but what the hell do I know. What I do know is when I move my mouse outside of the game window there is often times some object property display of whatever object my mouse happened to move over on its way off the game window that is sitting at the edge of the window until I move my mouse back into the game window, causing it to disappear.

Anyone else experiencing this? Because this is getting very frustrating to deal with.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes it appeared in the last patch. No one of importance acknowledges it so far tho, just more stone silence on yet another 'feature' inadvertently added to the game.

Maybe they are having trouble replicating it. :yell:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is really frustrating is when, after years and years of doing things routinely, you take 10 scrolls out of a stack to put on vendor for 500 gps. And forget about this problem for a few times, then when you look at the vendor there are all the stacks of scrolls marked at 10500 gps.:mad::rant2::cursing:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah.. this is a little aggravating..

hate when I am moving the mouse over to a corpse for the loot check and see a long listed Legendary Jewl flash in the center of the play window just to finally realize it is displaying the jewl from your paperdoll from where you rolled over it a split second before. Just assumed it was some kind of strange lag on my end...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In Uriah's defense... it is kinda hard to keep up with what all the Devs are communicating on lately. I mean they are very active in the feedback area imo.. which is a great thing!
Until you try to discuss something that disagrees with them. Then they are pretty good at ignoring/not seeing/not responding :(

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In Uriah's defense... it is kinda hard to keep up with what all the Devs are communicating on lately. I mean they are very active in the feedback area imo.. which is a great thing!
I agree, especially when things are being discussed about current updates & problems in separate threads :D

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Until you try to discuss something that disagrees with them. Then they are pretty good at ignoring/not seeing/not responding :(
Fair point..

but...

I can't fault them too badly on that either. I mean I do the same thing in my line of work. I can't tell ya how many times I have a call on my phone... see the name that is calling and think "Hell, I do not really want to deal with that right now".. and send them straight to voice mail :D

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I noticed after the patch the same "delay" problems!
When you recall from 1 place to other, as you "browse" over chests or items on the floor, nothing appear as description, I noticed that you need to "allow" the client to "read" the entire contents of your house, b4 display...