• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can I make a go of this?

Adrahil

Adventurer
Hello All,
I have been reading for weeks and learning a lot from your posts. So first off, thank you all! I just started back after quitting in the beginning of SE, so a lot has changed. I had to start a fresh Tamer as mine was lost in the abyss. I play on Chessy and I can tell you Power Scrolls of any kind on vendors are outrageously priced or non-existent. Can I tame and train something worth while to at least give this a proper go?

Taming 100
Animal Lore 100
Magery 100
Med 100
Music 105
Peace 100
Vet 100

Any help/advice would be appreciated!!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
To start off with? Sure.. I mean I started off with nothing but two old drakes with low taming to build some gold up. I mean, you probably will not be doing high end stuff (peerless, roof etc) easily at that level and with those pets.... without a group that is.. But could build up enough gold to eventually snag 115 tame/lore and then work towards the higher end trained pets. Or maybe even be able to knock out a few low end spawns and hope the 115's drop.

20m and 7m for tame/lore is nuts imo :/ (yeah, I checked the prices on shard real quick)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get some 110s in each and use jewels. You can control everything, but it takes a while to tame stuff. The scrolls are not easy to find on all shards tho, you may need to make some friends to help ya.

The revamp wiped out all the scrolls associated with taming and pets. Or, I bought them all.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Even at 115 taming, a level 5 beetle wouldn't listen very well...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would suggest asking around for a few 110 scrolls and a level 1 taming primer. Any vets on that shard should be willing to spot you at least that to get you rolling.

Might be worth a post in the chessy forums as well.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would strongly suggest finding a way to obtain a 120 taming and lore for the template. Ask around and find someone who is doing shard transfers back and forth from Atlantic and ask them to bring you more reasonably priced 120's. Offset the points in your template against meditation and just make sure to get a suit with 20+ mana regen.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello All,
I have been reading for weeks and learning a lot from your posts. So first off, thank you all! I just started back after quitting in the beginning of SE, so a lot has changed. I had to start a fresh Tamer as mine was lost in the abyss. I play on Chessy and I can tell you Power Scrolls of any kind on vendors are outrageously priced or non-existent. Can I tame and train something worth while to at least give this a proper go?

Taming 100
Animal Lore 100
Magery 100
Med 100
Music 105
Peace 100
Vet 100

Any help/advice would be appreciated!!
What is your character name? We are on Chessy and have a surplus of animals we could help you out with. We can also get you some +13/+13/+13 imbued jewelry if you don't have any. Feel free to look for Violet or Khyro in game in the evenings, or ask in general. You can usually find us hanging around the Luna stables.

The current vendor price for 120 taming is a little ridiculous, but I know a lot of people don't put much on vendors. Ask around in General for what you are wanting to buy and a lot of times people will have it. I'll have to check if we have any taming/lore power scrolls later this evening.

Welcome back! :)

Last edited:

Adrahil

Adventurer
What is your character name? We are on Chessy and have a surplus of animals we could help you out with. We can also get you some +13/+13/+13 imbued jewelry if you don't have any. Feel free to look for Violet or Khyro in game in the evenings, or ask in general. You can usually find us hanging around the Luna stables.

The current vendor price for 120 taming is a little ridiculous, but I know a lot of people don't put much on vendors. Ask around in General for what you are wanting to buy and a lot of times people will have it. I'll have to check if we have any taming/lore power scrolls later this evening.

Welcome back! :)
Thank you! You have all been really nice and helpful. My character's name is Nessira, I will stop Luna sometime and say hello!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need 230 combined points in tame and lore to be effective and kind of consistent. 120s are way over priced but give the best control of the pets and even at 240 it is not 100% control for a 5 slot pet.