• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so 'Endless Journey' what you think it could/will be?

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I see a lot of mention about the Endless Journey lately and the demand for a free2play option for UO so I believe it will be coming with the 20th anniversary. I am curious though of what it's ultimate potential would be as a legitimate f2p option and what you think we will actually get out of it.

In my eyes the only restriction that make's sense to implement is a no house policy and obviously your account wouldn't age. Outside of that I really have no idea what could separate the Endless Journey from an active subscription. I am really worried it's going to be heavily restricted in terms of what you can do and where you can go also the possibility's of skill caps.

I don't really hold much hope for it as I believe it's going to be very restrictive in what you can do but I am curious what everyone else thinks the Endless Journey will offer and bring to them game. Personally I hope the only major drawback of playing on an endless journey account is the lack of housing but I doubt that's enough for many. So what are you thought's on what you want the system to be and what you ultimately think we will end up with.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am also curious, some people are multi client 20 characters to pvm. What uo will become once go f2p ?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a lot of mention about the Endless Journey lately and the demand for a free2play option for UO so I believe it will be coming with the 20th anniversary. I am curious though of what it's ultimate potential would be as a legitimate f2p option and what you think we will actually get out of it.

In my eyes the only restriction that make's sense to implement is a no house policy and obviously your account wouldn't age. Outside of that I really have no idea what could separate the Endless Journey from an active subscription. I am really worried it's going to be heavily restricted in terms of what you can do and where you can go also the possibility's of skill caps.

I don't really hold much hope for it as I believe it's going to be very restrictive in what you can do but I am curious what everyone else thinks the Endless Journey will offer and bring to them game. Personally I hope the only major drawback of playing on an endless journey account is the lack of housing but I doubt that's enough for many. So what are you thought's on what you want the system to be and what you ultimately think we will end up with.
300 dollar perma sub?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am also curious, some people are multi client 20 characters to pvm. What uo will become once go f2p ?
A level playing field with everyone being able to run 20 multi-client, RC casting mystics at events. ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well...from todays UO newsletter and the fact there is no mention of it....i'd say it'd been canned for now. lol

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the ideas I had for F2P is to make all unsubbed accounts restricted to Felucca. So when your account goes inactive and you login via F2P mode, your characters get teleported to Felucca and are stuck there until you resub. Trial accounts, upon completion of their trial, also turn into F2P accounts and get teleported over to Felucca. In my thinking, it revitalizes the Fel shards, giving PvPers victims, but in order to enjoy Ter Mur, Eodon, Ilshenar, and the safety of the Trammel ruleset, you have to pay.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the ideas I had for F2P is to make all unsubbed accounts restricted to Felucca. So when your account goes inactive and you login via F2P mode, your characters get teleported to Felucca and are stuck there until you resub. Trial accounts, upon completion of their trial, also turn into F2P accounts and get teleported over to Felucca. In my thinking, it revitalizes the Fel shards, giving PvPers victims, but in order to enjoy Ter Mur, Eodon, Ilshenar, and the safety of the Trammel ruleset, you have to pay.
Is this just a bad Troll attempt?
:troll:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Its the end of UO, if P2W/F2P comes along, IMO!!
As mentioned before, what point would there be if they allowed near Champ Spawns, Peerless and fun parts? They would multi account and just piss people off

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, it was sort of a non-newsletter. They regurgitated the most recent meet-n-greet.

They mentioned the upcoming Publish 98 next month with no details other than pet tweaking.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've signed up for the newsletter half a dozen times and yet I've never had one! I even checked the e-mail was right, but it is... :(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah, i forgot the part where they screwed the Fel Tamers over and over so now there will be zero PvP tamers once more......once again, a tiny but very vocal group who have dirt on mesanna have gotten their way and stuff the rest of us.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Oh yeah, i forgot the part where they screwed the Fel Tamers over and over so now there will be zero PvP tamers once more......once again, a tiny but very vocal group who have dirt on mesanna have gotten their way and stuff the rest of us.
You are the most obnoxious poster to date. Yea, we really had dirt on mesanna that forced her to make the changes we asked for! Get a life, man...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
We're not 15 posts into the thread yet, and off-topic related sarcasm and trolling is already showing it's ugly head.

This is a firm moderator warning that the personal swipes need to stop and if you don't have anything to contribute related to the discussion of the proposed "Endless Journey" , keep the comments to yourself or post them in a more relevant thread. There are already several PVP related topics right now and we don't need more forum PVP here.