• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DESTROYING the Shadowguard with pets!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

last night myself and 2 guild mates went to do a nice Friday boys night Shadowguard run.
guildy 1 - spellweaving mage
guildy 2 - spellweaving tamer with a GD
and me!

so i decided i was gonna test out some pets in the different rooms to see how they would do, see if we could speed up the encounter.
wowsers!

you can really cut the time of the encounter down when you tailor your pets to your needs!

when we did the Bar i took in my Dimensuaru's thingy, the one that has the area effect poison that Leathal's everything on the screen. i ran down the middle of the room popping my open paperdoll button to get all the spawn on me, got to the end of the room, waited till everything got nice and close, invised, then put the pet onto the first guy, everything on screen gets leathaled, everything dead very quickly. ran the other way down the middle popping my paperdoll again to get all the new spawn, rinse repeat.
the room went down soooooooooo fast!

took a Frost Dragon into the Belfry, that worked good.
he can actually get up onto the pedestal like a GD can.

took a 5 slot Cu into the fountain, one hit kills the water elementals, that was impressive.

orchard i should have tooken in a fire beetle or fire drake, messed up on that one.

took a 5 slot Rune Beetle into the final, halved out time in there.

all in all we trimmed about half the time off the entire encounter.
i didnt time it.... ive never timed it when we do it normally, but it was under a hour from start to finish, all rooms and end bosses.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We run it in about an hour with a blue beetle and a mystic cu

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ticks me off that I can not drag my Naja up to that cocky Dragon on the pedestal in Belfry.. I definitely want to introduce the two...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Use the drake wing then re-log for pet once you're up there
Thanks but with the way I lag and as long as it takes to finally "Enter Brit".. the encounter would be over before I could do that three times lol.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With my Giant Beetle, the Bar is pretty easy, I can do the fountain reasonably well, the orchard is a breeze, and I finally soloed the armory with my tamer/bard for the first time ever (lag usually kills me when I took the GD in). I can solo the belfry with my GD, usually but takes over 25 minutes - not had a chance to tame a Frost yet.

Usually one of us takes a rune beetle or giant beetle to the roof when our group does it, makes it fun.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With my Giant Beetle, the Bar is pretty easy, I can do the fountain reasonably well, the orchard is a breeze, and I finally soloed the armory with my tamer/bard for the first time ever (lag usually kills me when I took the GD in). I can solo the belfry with my GD, usually but takes over 25 minutes - not had a chance to tame a Frost yet.

Usually one of us takes a rune beetle or giant beetle to the roof when our group does it, makes it fun.
I was able to get a good frost drake. Has over 100 in a few skills, 119.6 tactics. It will have fewer HP than the frost dragon but you can add an area, special, and a magic. And scroll if you want.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
LOL That does sound funny. :grin:

But here is what they were referring to.
If you use the open paperdoll macro. All nearby mobs will agro you. It is in CC I don't know about EC.
Thanks!

*runs off to set a new macro for the Sampire*

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran

what skills did you put on your Giant Beetle... that's pretty impressive to do that with a beetle

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
1 word for doing the Shadowguard Bar encounter..... Dimetrosaur.

you can thank me later.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we did a couple rune last weekend.
changed up a couple things with the Roof.
guild mate took in a GD, i took in a Frost Mite with Rune Corruption.
that worked good.
next one he took in his Ram and i took in the Dimetrosaur, that worked good.
third one we where back to GD and Frost Mite, that one seems to work the best so far.
we have cut so much time off our runs it almost feel like cheating!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I recent runs I have gone with 2 AI lesser Hiryus, a Rune Beetle and a Frost Mite with the Aura of Nausea... The combo of the rune corruption and the Nausea penalty seems to work nicely together.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

last night myself and 2 guild mates went to do a nice Friday boys night Shadowguard run.
guildy 1 - spellweaving mage
guildy 2 - spellweaving tamer with a GD
and me!

so i decided i was gonna test out some pets in the different rooms to see how they would do, see if we could speed up the encounter.
wowsers!

you can really cut the time of the encounter down when you tailor your pets to your needs!

when we did the Bar i took in my Dimensuaru's thingy, the one that has the area effect poison that Leathal's everything on the screen. i ran down the middle of the room popping my open paperdoll button to get all the spawn on me, got to the end of the room, waited till everything got nice and close, invised, then put the pet onto the first guy, everything on screen gets leathaled, everything dead very quickly. ran the other way down the middle popping my paperdoll again to get all the new spawn, rinse repeat.
the room went down soooooooooo fast!

took a Frost Dragon into the Belfry, that worked good.
he can actually get up onto the pedestal like a GD can.

took a 5 slot Cu into the fountain, one hit kills the water elementals, that was impressive.

orchard i should have tooken in a fire beetle or fire drake, messed up on that one.

took a 5 slot Rune Beetle into the final, halved out time in there.

all in all we trimmed about half the time off the entire encounter.
i didnt time it.... ive never timed it when we do it normally, but it was under a hour from start to finish, all rooms and end bosses.
What Pet(s) do you use for the Armory

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What Pet(s) do you use for the Armory
Any pet works at the Armory. Kill grab run throw. Repeat. Let the pet take aggro and kill them. You will be busy grabbing and running. Make pet attack one mob at a time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Poo No you take the Cu to do the Orchard and feed it the Apples that way you don't spawn loads of stuff... grab apple if you don't know where its opposing tree is feed apple to pet... move on.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
How do you guys deal with spawn with pets? Is one person responsible for tanking while another kills the spawn?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How do you guys deal with spawn with pets? Is one person responsible for tanking while another kills the spawn?
On the roof, as we usually all take tamers, one person will take their pets off of the main target to clean up.

Or, if there's a bard present, we provoke the spawn onto each other or the boss (at least two of the bosses can be barded)

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
Built a nice frost mite, tons of points. I 120'd it and it's pretty cool for AI/rune corruption/poisoning. Compliments certain pets on the roof well. Too bad you can't ride them

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm...
1. Take a cu into the orchard with you and feed him the apples, until you know all the trees.
2. Take a provoker in the bar and have all the pirates fight themselves, and toss bottles at them.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
For orchard just take any fruit eating pet.
For bar, I found I can do it the fastest if I solo it. Dimetrosaur is nice, but I've done it with a variety of pets.
For belfry I use my frost drake, discord the dragon and when he gets low word of death.
For fountain the water eles are very weak, but they tend to cast poison a lot so I like to take my necromage dread spider. He makes short work of them and is poison immune.
I've tried many pets at the armory, lately I've been taking a disco triton there to increase his skill.
For roof I frequently take a giant beetle so I can haul 250k gold + items out. Plus the RC helps everyone.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For Bar, i use a Frenzied Whirlwind+Poison Breath Najasaurus. I run Consume Damage on him, get all the Pirates together on him, and just vet him through the reflected damage.
For Orchard, i use my Cu Sidhe to eat the Apples.
For Armory, i use my Chiv+AI Triton.
For Fountain, i use my Frenzied Whirlwind+Poison Breath Najasaurus again.
For Belfry, i use my Chiv+AI 100% Cold Platinum Drake.

For the Roof, i usually use a RC+AP Frost Mite to debuff the bosses and make them take more damage.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lots of good suggestions here for players doing rooms with a single account. I generally bring 4 accounts with me and play 1 to defeat the room while the others hide. Here is a little feedback on adjustments I make:

Bar: I have tried the different pets, Naj, Dim, Trition, etc. I find that with 12 pirates the reflected damage can be too much. I put provoke on my disco tamer and it makes pretty easy work of all of them.
Orchard: no adjustment, just a fruit eating pet.
Armory: set the hidden players pets to guard and play with my disco tamer with a FWW/AI/Chiv trition.
Fountain: swap my SDI spellweaving tamer to NecroSS and use wither to kill the elementals. Gotta be fast... 4 players spawns lots of elementals.
Belfry: I went with high initial skill cold drakes with AI/Chiv just so I could get the extra hit chance without investing any power scrolls on the cold drakes. Use a disco tamer to discord and run consume.
Roof: I’ve tried several combinations but the one I have found that works best for me is 2 FWW/AI/Chiv tritons, an AI/Chiv Cu and and AI/Chiv Lesser. Disco tamer discord’s and have 2 spellweavers for WOD.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is all good stuff and I thank everyone for sharing!

With the content being a little static the past few months I've been looking for something worthwhile to do and have thought about doing the roof. I do have a few questions now though since it's been a quite a while since I've actually gone.

Rooms seem pretty straight forward with exception of Belfry:
- For Belfry I see some people use WOD but I'm assuming you still get pushed back off the edge so is the best tactic just to use the flying pets (cold drake / frost drake / frost dragon) to fly up top?

For the roof I'd likely bring 2 tamers (one is a tamer w/ EvalInt & weaving and the other has peacemaking and I could swap out Vet for Provo) and use a third account to either use my Disco/Provo/Weaver (WOD) or use a Sampire so my questions would be:
1) What would the best combo be for templates? Use evalint tamer to run consume while bard tamer runs a bard mastery (for the group) and have them sit back while I run a sampire? Or should I use the other bard (with weaving) to further buff the pets and hit WOD towards end (in addition to other tamer WOD)?
2) Given the above answer what would be the best pet combo be? Would it be a beetle with RC/AI (fire beetle perhaps?) and maybe a triton with Chiv/AI regardless? Should I work conductive blast in there someway?
3) How is Anon handled now? If the pets have differing damage do I just let them do their thing when he changes form to consume damage types?
4) Anyone swapping luck suits before the last kill? I use CC so this wasn't an option before aside from hitting the luck statue but since CC has made a quick dress swap macro I'm wondering if I should also bring luck suits on all my guys.

I believe since the last time I did the roof (before pet changes) the pets now could still spawn "minions" so ideally I should limit things like bleed/AoE from the pets right? Wondering if that combined with a sampire hitting and spawning stuff if that would just make it too much spawn to control.

Thanks!

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I always use a samp for belfry only takes ~2 min with a bard running masteries. add a couple minutes if i solo on samp since he doesnt always heal as much dmg as dealt.

I'd just power through anon he isnt that difficult and not worth swapping pets for the multiple changes.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
How did you build your 5 slot rune beetle? Did you leave it with poison and magery or is it disco?