• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Attacking Non-Allied People In Yomatsu Mine - Direct Attack (not area damage effect)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Was standing in Yomatsu Mines training the Cu a little bit on a Shadow Elle with a few other folks. Saw someone running from a White Cu bleeding and chuckled, heck who hasn't hit the wrong hot key occasionally and put our pet on ourselves? I look at the Cu closer and it is MY Cu... Then I see the message about how now "The Guards can be called on You".. and then see I am in Heat...

I do occasionally tell my pet to attack and pop the Shadow Elle's bar.. and I guess I could have possibly hit the other person's bar by mistake.. but errrrrr.. they are blue.. we are in a Tram ruleset.... so the Cu should not have attacked.. o_O

At either rate I ran outside just to rez them if needed but they lived through the attack.

Untitled.jpg

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you recently release any hostile pets? if so, that's what happened.

you won't get the "Guards can now be called on you" message while you're in a non-guarded area if you hadn't.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Did you recently release any hostile pets? if so, that's what happened.

you won't get the "Guards can now be called on you" message while you're in a non-guarded area if you hadn't.
Nah.. have not released any pets in almost 3 weeks. The guards never got called on me in the mines but it showed in journal a split second after my Cu attacked the blue.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming you are on a regular production shard, yes? They were a member of your guild or alliance, were they? I know you said they were blues, but could you accidentally have changed their guild/alliance hue color to blue? Are you in VvV? Are they in VvV? Is your cu in Pet Training or trained up already using the new system? Was your pet guarding you when this happened? Did the other person have a pet there attacking the shadow elemental and did you notice it casting area attacks?

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nah they were not a member or alliance member. I saw the guild tag they were flying. I am in a very small guild (only 2 active folks and a 3rd one that comes on every once in a while) and the "alliance" is a ghost town too lol. I am not in VvV, unsure if they are but would imagine with the tag they most likely were. I associate Fel type activities with the tag that was flying.

Cu did use the new training system and had completed the training he was a complete 5 slot at the time. Another thought.. my Cu is a Chiv/AI Cu so he could have been casting Holy Light. I forget about that being an area effect in Chiv dohhhhh.. area effect could have hit blue.. blue ran and Cu followed.. *shrugs* I just knew I saw my Cu making the person bleed on their way out the cave lol

Their pet was also attacking the Shadow elle but do not recall what type of pet they had (possibly Cu as well but can not swear to it)... or if their pet was casting area attacks... great thought though. But.. if their pets area attack had hit my pet then I would not be the criminal one right? Which gets us back to possibly Holy Light issue?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have seen my Cu casting Holy Light quite a bit while training.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cant make my Cu attack anybody. "cant perform negative acts" None of my area attacks cause any issues. Yours was guild related I'm sure.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guildies Cu did the same thing when we were doing roof, we thought it might've been because chivalry and the cu using Holy Light, however we did it right after with her beetle who has Chivalry, and it didn't attack my dragon at all.

It would attack the boss, then randomly my dragon, she wasn't telling her cu to attack mine or anything, was really strange.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yours was guild related I'm sure.
If that's what helps ya sleep at night :D

Seriously... I am in a VERY VERY VERY small guild and alliance. Most of our Members have quit playing long ago. No way in heck was this guild/alliance related. 100% certain on that.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah they were not a member or alliance member. I saw the guild tag they were flying. I am in a very small guild (only 2 active folks and a 3rd one that comes on every once in a while) and the "alliance" is a ghost town too lol. I am not in VvV, unsure if they are but would imagine with the tag they most likely were. I associate Fel type activities with the tag that was flying.

Cu did use the new training system and had completed the training he was a complete 5 slot at the time. Another thought.. my Cu is a Chiv/AI Cu so he could have been casting Holy Light. I forget about that being an area effect in Chiv dohhhhh.. area effect could have hit blue.. blue ran and Cu followed.. *shrugs* I just knew I saw my Cu making the person bleed on their way out the cave lol

Their pet was also attacking the Shadow elle but do not recall what type of pet they had (possibly Cu as well but can not swear to it)... or if their pet was casting area attacks... great thought though. But.. if their pets area attack had hit my pet then I would not be the criminal one right? Which gets us back to possibly Holy Light issue?
I was thinking along the lines of a coding oversight which is why I asked if your pet was guarding you at the time. Suppose they made it so pet area attacks don't damage other players but somehow it still triggers the guard effect. You were in an area attack radius and so off your cu goes to defend your honor and attack the player responsible. He hasn't flagged because he did no damage to you, but your pet is doing damage to him and so now you are flagged. Was your pet guarding you at the time? I actually don't even know if a guarding pet would target an opposing players pet who did the damage or go after the player in this type of situation but it was a thought.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It could also be related to the pet going "blue" after a few minutes of fighting without being told to kill or guard, maybe Area attacks will cause your pet to flag nearby friendly targets if it hasn't been commanded in a while.

The "Guards can now be called on you" shouldn't have come up unless whoever your pet was hitting recalled into a guarded area and took damage overtime from bleed or poison etc.
the only exception to the guard message other than that, is a bugged tile near where you had this happen, in which case guards would actually kill mobs/people there IF someone calls "guards".

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guess is it has to do with what happens when pets go "blue" .... They seem to be under a whole new set of rules then... when they should be green... at any rate I'm hoping this doesn't become a massive issue as we all know what will happen they will take AoE spells and such off pets... making them useless again...

I'd like to see my shadow wyrm be useful but at 5 slots and nearly no HP to speak of no way to fix his sorry resists I don't see that happening... but I'm going to try to train him up all the way and see if he does a good wither.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's something going on with cu's. My cu has 113 discord and it casts discord masteries on itself all the time. It will stop fighting, the blue Z Z Z Z's appear over its head for a second or two and then starts walking back to me. I'm not sure it's related to your problem but something is goofy with him.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was thinking along the lines of a coding oversight which is why I asked if your pet was guarding you at the time.
Definitely a good thought.. honest answer is.. I am unsure. I was hunting a little while before the trip to the mines. It is definitely possible he was still guarding me. Will watch for that if (or when) it happens again.

It could also be related to the pet going "blue" after a few minutes of fighting without being told to kill or guard, maybe Area attacks will cause your pet to flag nearby friendly targets if it hasn't been commanded in a while.

The "Guards can now be called on you" shouldn't have come up unless whoever your pet was hitting recalled into a guarded area and took damage overtime from bleed or poison etc.
the only exception to the guard message other than that, is a bugged tile near where you had this happen, in which case guards would actually kill mobs/people there IF someone calls "guards".
Will pace off the front area of the mine and see if I can run across a bugged tile or something there. The Cu does go blue a good bit as well... and does walk back to me a LOT (especially in the mine) but do not know if that is due to another persons pet training peacing there or not. Is there a specific noise that is made for when pets are using peacing??? I have not noticed if there is or not... my guess is it would be a standard X animal type noise..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a specific noise that is made for when pets are using peacing???
If that's what helps ya sleep at night :grin:

Pets have discord not peacing. When players use it you cant tell which bard skill is being used. I think pets lose target when another pet aggros them or the target invises. Ive seen some pets types lose target more often. Drakes have to be told to attack pretty often even when on a single target.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had some similiar experiences. Some of my pets attacked allianced and also non allied characters in tram rule set.
One time I was standing at Luna stables and was modifying a lesser Hiryu. Suddenly it was chasing an alliance member.
Another time a different lesser Hiryu was fighting a Crazed Mage. It had the Bushido skill and suddenly hit an alliance member. I read somewhere that Momentum Strike could cause this. So it might be the case.
The weirds thing happened as again one of my lesser Hiryus fought a Crazed Mage. It was not bonded and I teleported away to help someone shortly. As I came back the Hiryu was chasing a blue player not in alliance. Also got the message that guards can be called upon me. My character is not in VvV, no idea about the other player.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Had some similiar experiences. Some of my pets attacked allianced and also non allied characters in tram rule set.
One time I was standing at Luna stables and was modifying a lesser Hiryu. Suddenly it was chasing an alliance member.
Another time a different lesser Hiryu was fighting a Crazed Mage. It had the Bushido skill and suddenly hit an alliance member. I read somewhere that Momentum Strike could cause this. So it might be the case.
The weirds thing happened as again one of my lesser Hiryus fought a Crazed Mage. It was not bonded and I teleported away to help someone shortly. As I came back the Hiryu was chasing a blue player not in alliance. Also got the message that guards can be called upon me. My character is not in VvV, no idea about the other player.
Momentum Strike typically never causes you to flag however I've never used it in PvP sort of way only against a released Cu... the Cu never gets PO'd and attacks me... so not sure.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Cant make my Cu attack anybody. "cant perform negative acts" None of my area attacks cause any issues. Yours was guild related I'm sure.
Still happening. Figured out which critter was fighting mine this time though. The pets owner is in UWF and I am in RXH. The guilds are not allied at all, so not a guild/alliance issue. Yet our dogs were fighting a good bit. Disco or Pois Breath? Hmmm... any ideas @Bleak or @Kyronix ...

cus.png

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poison breath is an area attack, I thought area attacks were causing issues?

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
My guess is it has to do with what happens when pets go "blue" .... They seem to be under a whole new set of rules then... when they should be green... at any rate I'm hoping this doesn't become a massive issue as we all know what will happen they will take AoE spells and such off pets... making them useless again...

I'd like to see my shadow wyrm be useful but at 5 slots and nearly no HP to speak of no way to fix his sorry resists I don't see that happening... but I'm going to try to train him up all the way and see if he does a good wither.
Why does your pet go blue? I've had it happen a few times.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why does your pet go blue? I've had it happen a few times.
It does when it's been inactive as in you haven't commanded it in awhile... You need to tell it to kill or whatever every so often or it will go idle... and be blue... while it is in this state I'm pretty sure that it's more like an NPC than your pet... therefore if it were to do something you'd normally get a drop for or something you won't. Just keep telling it to kill whatever every so often and you won't have this issue.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
It does when it's been inactive as in you haven't commanded it in awhile... You need to tell it to kill or whatever every so often or it will go idle... and be blue... while it is in this state I'm pretty sure that it's more like an NPC than your pet... therefore if it were to do something you'd normally get a drop for or something you won't. Just keep telling it to kill whatever every so often and you won't have this issue.
Is this when they start to wander around the screen?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is this when they start to wander around the screen?
If it is wandering it's because it lost target... If you tell it to stop and tell it to Kill then when the mob invises or something it then doesn't know what to do so starts to wander off... or if another mob is there sleeping everything or something peaces your pet it wanders off with nothing to do.

You just need to retarget... sometimes your pet forgets what it's doing.