• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crashing when transferring a pet..

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had same on TC during testing but not able to reproduce it next day for devs.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok follow up, when I try to transfer it to another cc user, i get the trade gump, he crashes. If i try to trade it to an ec user, as soon as I click on transfer, I get the client crash. Gonna go crash some clients and loot some suits..be back later :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Me on CC other on EC gave me a pet tonight. No problem

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hum... have we tried transferring EC to EC?

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Have you had any more troubles with crashes Garth? We ask, since we are playing on a new computer since a few weeks, and on this one EVERY time we try to transfer anything (no matter if we initiate the trade of are the receiving party, and also both for pets or items) we crash. Luckily we can use our other computer without such issues, but it is annoying to need to re-log in there every time we want to transfer a pet. And a few times a friend wanted to show something and BAM, gone is my char. Does anyone else have or had this problem and is there anything that can be done about it?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Does anyone else have or had this problem and is there anything that can be done about it?
Yeah, I tend to crash about one out of ten times I try to trade anything using the trade window. It's been like that for about a year.

Even when I'm trading something to my own account on the same computer through multi-clienting, I crash, but yet only on one of the two accounts involved in the trade. It's really strange.

Both accounts always in Classic Client.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I tend to crash about one out of ten times I try to trade anything using the trade window. It's been like that for about a year.

Even when I'm trading something to my own account on the same computer through multi-clienting, I crash, but yet only on one of the two accounts involved in the trade. It's really strange.

Both accounts always in Classic Client.
been like that for about 5 years at least Cap.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i had this happen with the new drakes when they first came out.
happened every time on all 3 of my computers.
then it just stopped happening.....

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We had this problem also for a few years, that SOMEtimes it would crash upon trading. But now on this new computer we get it every single time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Been like that as long as I can remember... used to be associated with certain banks... Like Yew Abbey... Any trade done in Yew Abbey will result in a crash... least it always used to ... so got used to doing my banking in Skara Brae... I've always liked that spot for banking... Stables right there. Perfect for tamers... Anyway if someone had a bank box open traded something to anyone as soon as the trade ended crash..

Evi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I found it while Googling for a solution...)

Have you had any more troubles with crashes Garth? We ask, since we are playing on a new computer since a few weeks, and on this one EVERY time we try to transfer anything (no matter if we initiate the trade of are the receiving party, and also both for pets or items) we crash. Luckily we can use our other computer without such issues, but it is annoying to need to re-log in there every time we want to transfer a pet. And a few times a friend wanted to show something and BAM, gone is my char. Does anyone else have or had this problem and is there anything that can be done about it?
I suddenly started getting this too after moving to a new laptop. Instant crashes every time the trade window was supposed to open. I found out that the number formatting setting in Windows caused it. My new laptop was set to "English (Netherlands)" and I guess the client doesn't like/recognize it. I see in your previous posts you mentioned you are Dutch as well. :)

What fixed it for me is going into Region & Language Settings -> Additional date, time & regional settings -> Change date, time or number formats, and setting the Format to "English (United States)". ("Dutch (Netherlands)" works fine too if you prefer that.)

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Standing of the roof of Brit bank, Nujelm bank, or upstairs Luna. Multiple shards too, not just one

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hope this helps!
It sure did! Thanks so much Evi! (Of hartstikke bedankt haha!) Just did a successful trade so your solution worked! You are very perceptive! :) Bedtime here now, but thanks again!

Reactions: Evi

Soulstomp

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hiyas notice , I crash aswell transfer a Crimson Drake, energy/fire all others are fine only those tried 6 times in difr towns no sucses

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hmmm, we also can't seem to transfer our Crimson Drake (Cold) from one account to the other... The receiver crashes, on both our computers. Tried 3 attempts just now. (And the Region & Language Settings are still correct.) When testing with a snow leopard, the trade window did open correctly on the receiving side. What is it with these Crimson Drakes that they refuse to be transferred?!
(This is in CC, both accounts.)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine did this a few days ago. But after the restart, it transferred. Weird its just the Crimson or Platinum Drakes.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mine did this a few days ago. But after the restart, it transferred. Weird its just the Crimson or Platinum Drakes.
I still have it happen with the new drakes. I actually spoke with one of the devs about this issue, and offered to let him come watch while we tried. But he, for whatever reason, wasn't interested in doing so. @Bleak @Kyronix Any chance we could get this looked at?