• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

please fix vampires/ninjas

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya nerf me. If you think its overpwered play a vamp sammy or shut up.
ahhh...the old logic of just play that template if it's overpowered.

It's been a stupid arguement in the past and still is.

C

Connor_Graham

"Close...he was an archer who spent most of his time saying that perfection, lightening strike and all the new ML bows were perfectly fine."

Wrong. I was one of the few archers saying it was overpowered. I was agreeing with DraxGVA at the time, and one of the few that were.

Nice try, but no cigar.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong. I was one of the few archers saying it was overpowered. I was agreeing with DraxGVA at the time, and one of the few that were.

Yeah ok Connor, sorry in your old age your memory may be fading, but mine is not.

It's to bad the old boards are gone, otherwise we could drag up some of your first posts on those forums.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"There's nothing wrong with tamers"

It's been said that there 'MUST' have been something wrong with all the Bushido abilities for them to get nerfed. With that in mind Rune beetles had their armor corruption toned down. Seems to suggest otherwise.

"Maybe you just want every template to do the exact same damage"

No. What I want is skills to not get nerfed for stupid reasons. As all the reasons put forward for nerfing vamp form if applied to all the other skills that have similar things doable with them would cause great complaint. It should be one rule for all not nerf your nearest rival. As I've said it should be all or nothing and I would prefer no skills to get nerfed.

"there's no fix for that besides removing them from the game"

Maybe you're on to something there, it could be the key to a more even distribution of new content. That'd certainly appease the complainers, which lets face it is who this game mostly caters to these days.

"i began playing is because of the taming skill"

Definitely landed on your feet with this game then.

"why not a undead type thing that can gain skill and be somewhat decent."

*sigh* This is the problem it seems the devs also have, inability to add (or even think of) anything that isn't tamer related. We don't all want pets. We're saturated with pets and tamer content, even the damn luck jewlery, who uses luck? Tamers. Everyone else needs resists/hci/dci/lrc.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

ahhh...the old logic of just play that template if it's overpowered.

It's been a stupid arguement in the past and still is.
I agree It's so often the defense in a nerf tamer thread. Guess it's just deserts that it's now applicable here.

C

Connor_Graham

Yeah ok Connor, sorry in your old age your memory may be fading, but mine is not.

It's to bad the old boards are gone, otherwise we could drag up some of your first posts on those forums.
Yeah, it is too bad, because then you could eat some crow for dinner. Good try though on trying to pass off what you say is fact by trying to insinuate I've lost my memory, even though I'm not old....

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your noobiness at the time and your still ongoing love for archers is a discussion for another place.

M

Masumatek

Actually with some items you can have even less than 24 real necro skill to use vamp form, though not many have those items. Also, people with many soulstones can switch necro onto their character, cast into vamp form, and then switch it out. Yes, there are some people who do this.

It's ridiculous that people can use vamp form, necromany's best form, with barely any skill. And the people that argue "well it's ok to use vamp form with 30 skill since there's negative effects" are dead wrong. The form is balanced with the negative effects when you need REAL skill to use it. When you can use it with barely any skill (or no skill at all in the case of soulstones) the form becomes imbalanced. The devs should code it so that if you drop below 99+ necromancy, you automatically poof out of the form.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely. Also if you don't have the skill required the pet should become unbonded (after a warning of course). That would help balance those Greater Dragons because not many people have the 106.8 or whatever Animal Taming is needed to bond them.
I agree also, but the only problem with that is that MOST tamers use jewerly :(.

Jewerly was a great addition because players could get places without the REAL skill. They could use thier jewerly and get thier pets, and be able to actually play thier template, and still be able to get gains whenever they have time.

I used a advanced token, +30 jewel set, and taming talisman. I was able to get 120 taming to get my pets, and have max chance to tame pets. I have been training taming on my character on the Cu Sidhes (I call them coochies!) and now I am 94 taming.

Without jewerly it would just be too boring. And what would I do? I would simple macro it up until I could play the template!

Would other players have done the same? You better believe it. Skill increase jewerly was one of the best things they could have added to uo. It gives players a chance to play thier ultimate end template they have in mind, sooner.

Skill jewerly cuts down on a players desire to want to macro/script up skills just so they can use them. Why? Because with jewels they CAN use thier templates.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, but that one spell is the best Necromancy has to offer. In fact it has the highest minimum casting requirement in the game. You should not be able to cast it with only 25 Necromancy, a mere 25% of the total skill necessary.
I thought wither was the best spell? Remember how overpowered you tell everyone it is because people don't know how to WALK out of its spell range?

Check your own forums for yourself saying so.

Then these evil omen posts.... I thought that was overpowered!

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Yeah, but that one spell is the best Necromancy has to offer."

Oh, and with all the complaining I hear about Wither, and the fact that a Necro solos so much, including Vanguards & most of the levels of champ spawns, along with choke points and such, with that ONE spell, you could have fooled me.

Or all the complaints about Evil Omen when combined with certain Magery spells....

That spell is the best for a MELEER, but certainly not the best for other classes that use the skill.
QTF!

Omg I thought I was the only one to notice that!

Some of us remember :)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That ONE is the bread and butter of a meleer takes on peerless bosses of choice. Sampire without exploiting the vamp form well die trying to solo peerless, and put in 35 skill points in necro and they have the easy mode turned on... I wonder why.:lame:
And a pure necro/dexy can do the exact same thing!

Don't believe me? Want to see me solo a Lady Mel, EVERY doom room?!

Should they be nerfed next?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So tell me why it is that Tamers and Mage hybrids should be able to solo all of these and even more, and meleers shouldn't?
QTF

Because people are targeting one specific template.

You know thier excuse? "I have to use 5 control slots!" "I have to have 110 taming!". At least they have NO risk. Thier pets tank everything and all they gota do is hit thier vet key twice a second. Stack manaregen/lmc, take up chivalry for remove curse (No mortal!)...

Barbs exploit the party bug to override the skill wait timer.... Where are the posts about that?! Why are people not complaining how one bard can loop shimmering?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree, Curse Weapon is better than vampire form. Lets do the math here...........
vamp form you leech 20%
Curse weapon you leech 50%
2 and a half times better!!!

Vamp is nice. I like it. I use it on my pally but my macer uses wraith form and curse weapon and puts my pally to shame. TO SHAME!
People don't look at that because they all play the sampire!

Wraith form + 1minute curse weapon is god mode. Leech a spell casting boss and they do NOTHING half the time.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't QFT anything Connor writes in relation to pvp. It just makes you look as foolish as him. He doesn't know whether a necro is soloing champs spawns or not. He's never been hit with a EO followed by a Para.

T

Thrand Graywolf

Absolutely.
No. If they start adding all kinds of rules that require "real" skill then what is the point to the skill enhancing items?

Also if you don't have the skill required the pet should become unbonded
That's the best idea. It lets people build templates using items, but keeps them from exploiting things by using the items to only accomplish a one time task and then swapping them out.

Same thing could be said for necro forms...if you suddenly have less than the minimum amount of necro to even try to cast the spell, you should revert to normal.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't QFT anything Connor writes in relation to pvp. It just makes you look as foolish as him. He doesn't know whether a necro is soloing champs spawns or not. He's never been hit with a EO followed by a Para.
lol?

What he said was valid.

everyone knows jcthecomplainer posted complaining about every other necro spell being overpowered. And here he is just doing it again.

I don't like connor, and usually he is the idiot. But he was right there. I dont carry on my hate and disagreement with me my entire life.

And nobody else is reading the BS you and him are spewing about pvp. You both are lost in the pvp world :x.

C

Connor_Graham

"He doesn't know whether a necro is soloing champs spawns or not."

Really now? I guess we all imagined all of the posts saying just that, not to mention screen shots that showed them in action, Withering away. Good to know everyone was hallucinating except for you.

"He's never been hit with a EO followed by a Para."

Yeah, that's right. Not one single mage that I went up against in Fel before I gave up trying to compete against a bunch of cheating 12 yr olds hit me with EO then Para. You must be the only one in Fel using that combo. /sarcasm

And oh yeah, I almost forgot, the Necro casting monsters NEVER cast EO then Para.....*rolls eyes*

Now....why don't you take your own advice. In case you forgot:

"a discussion for another place"

Or maybe you'll just act like the mature adult with the awesome memory you say you are and grief me again next time you see me in game.....

*sigh*

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really now? I guess we all imagined all of the posts saying just that, not to mention screen shots that showed them in action, Withering away.
You should be focusing on peacemaking then, because that's what enables those necros to wither away without regret.

Yeah, that's right. Not one single mage that I went up against in Fel before I gave up trying to compete against a bunch of cheating 12 yr olds hit me with EO then Para. You must be the only one in Fel using that combo. And oh yeah, I almost forgot, the Necro casting monsters NEVER cast EO then Para
So were back to talking about your vast 1 week pvp experience that happened 2 years ago huh. BTW not everyone who pvps is 12 years old or a cheater..keep those kind of insults coming punk.

And oh yeah, I'm pretty sure monsters don't cast evil omen.

grief me again next time you see me in game.
I don't sit at Haven bank trying to impress the newbies, so I guess I won't be seeing you any time soon.

S

Saris

I just dont understatd everyone posting here im sure has whatever template they need who cares.

I can solo with most bosses with about 5 different templates, some days i drop anatomy for SS some time resist?

All I can say is that with all the other bugs in game and all the event stuff and work on SA, the devs dont have time for this crap.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Player 1 (9:11:19 PM): you read the cries about vamp nerf?
Player 2(9:11:49 PM): yea, I wish people would just shut up about it instead of bringing it up and giving the devs ideas
Player 2(9:12:38 PM): devs havnt mentioned anything to that effect so dunno why it was brought up in the first place
Player 1 (9:13:12 PM): someone is jelous that someone can melee stuff
Player 1 (9:13:18 PM): that they have trouble with a greater dragon doing
Player 2(9:15:35 PM): the template requires skill, focus and ALOT of funds for gear,,, and alot to maintain, and some dude who got a advanced char token and stuck some jewls on running around with a greater draggy with his char one day old really has no place to say nerf this.... thats why there really arnt very many vamp and wraith people because even if you build the char few know how to work it right
Player 1 (9:16:07 PM): true
Player 2(9:16:10 PM): or can spend the money on gear and a good weapon
Player 1 (9:16:17 PM): yeah
Player 1 (9:16:27 PM): at least if you wanta solo dread, cheif, travesy, grizzle
Player 2(9:16:34 PM): yea
Player 1 (9:17:26 PM): I mean.. I admit it's chessy to an extent
Player 1 (9:17:26 PM): ...
Player 1 (9:17:29 PM): but everyone can do it
Player 1 (9:17:56 PM): and lots of people actually have trouble with a dexxor
Player 2(9:18:05 PM): yes and thats the thing, they dont wanna build it or pay for it or learn how to play it so scream nerf instead
Player 1 (9:18:09 PM): but it's easy to stay invised behind a dragon
Recent conversation...

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamer using advance token + 30 or more + skill items (For taming) = worst than Sampire..

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People don't look at that because they all play the sampire!

Wraith form + 1minute curse weapon is god mode. Leech a spell casting boss and they do NOTHING half the time.
wow.. anyone that knows anything about this knows that curse weapon cannot last longer than 34 seconds....

So since you refuse to make a template, that is better at something things than your template (even though your template has it's ups too), you want everything nerfed... Great Logic sir.

Your stories are false.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you two just want to dumb every other template down that you can't play - or won't build
There are very few templates in this game I don't have..... So please keep your inaccurate assumptions to yourself.

But if you choose to listen to a player who can't play a char that requires more than going into war mode and clicking on a monster......go for it.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are very few templates in this game I don't have..... So please keep your inaccurate assumptions to yourself.

But if you choose to listen to a player who can't play a char that requires more than going into war mode and clicking on a monster......go for it.

If you say a sampire or wraith build dexxor requires going into war mode and double clicking ONLY then you are the one with a inaccurate statement and obviously its one of the few classes you haven't tried yet.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You must be soloing some sucky stuff... There is a bit more than point in click.

And there is also the suit design.

There is a lot of timing between moves...

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow.. anyone that knows anything about this knows that curse weapon cannot last longer than 34 seconds....

So since you refuse to make a template, that is better at something things than your template (even though your template has it's ups too), you want everything nerfed... Great Logic sir.

Your stories are false.
LOL

I have that template idiot.

Just because I don't have the exact time my curse weapon lasts memorized I dont play it??

I have the sampire template, I have the necro/dexy template, I have mages, tamers, bards, etc.

I don't want anything nerfed.

Good job being the idiot and not reading the thread, or not being able to comprehend sarcasm.

Thanks for making yourself be the idiot sir.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamer using advance token + 30 or more + skill items (For taming) = worst than Sampire..
Durr...

I did that so I can tame Cu Sidhes while raising the animal taming skill. That is ALL I use that character for.

I've made millions training taming this way, and I'm sure I'll have my blaze cu by the time I'm done. Perfect Cu's, amazing rare colored ones sell quite well!

Nice job ASSUMING (again) that I actually play that character as a real template to do anything. I'm sure once I am finished grinding his taming I will use him!

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nystul; Sorry about saying you were crying nerf. It did sound like at some points you were hollaring that some things were over powered.

I guess I just tied you too close to the ColterDC guy.

And without vocilization... by reading, sarcasm can easily be confused with idiotcy

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Durr...

I did that so I can tame Cu Sidhes while raising the animal taming skill. That is ALL I use that character for.

I've made millions training taming this way, and I'm sure I'll have my blaze cu by the time I'm done. Perfect Cu's, amazing rare colored ones sell quite well!

Nice job ASSUMING (again) that I actually play that character as a real template to do anything. I'm sure once I am finished grinding his taming I will use him!
That is fine if you are training it. There are a lot of people that buy the token. get +30-+45 skills in taming, and just do that.

That was in no way directed to you..

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nystul; Sorry about saying you were crying nerf. It did sound like at some points you were hollaring that some things were over powered.

I guess I just tied you too close to the ColterDC guy.

And without vocilization... by reading, sarcasm can easily be confused with idiotcy
Its okay, this whole thread is being derailed and confusing.

I've been so confused in this whole thread, and I am such a sarcastic person I see how things can be taken wierd haha.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is fine if you are training it. There are a lot of people that buy the token. get +30-+45 skills in taming, and just do that.

That was in no way directed to you..
Yeah, its just not very viable to throw all that stuff on and call your tamer done. I just explained why I was doing it :p

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...And the game gets more complicated.

I vote no! It aint broken so leave it alone. Just because a vamp or a ninja does well it doesn't mean that its broken. I think it is great that people have found creative ways to build templates and you wanna take them away because you can't beat em?

S

Starla

I vote no.

Unless Tamer needs REAL skills in high Lore and Taming to control highend pets. Removes Mage weps. Bard needs REAL skills in Provo,Disco,Peace to do their tricks on highend critters. And needs real alchemy skill to use potions, if not everything is lesser potions.

L

Limlight

Several Comments and I am out.

1. Animal form from ninjitsu should take up 1-2 control slots.

2. Greater Dragons hit too damn hard in PvP.

3. You should need 99 skill in any form to have the Vamp Form....I dont care if its real or not. But you should need it.

4. Wither is only over powered in the sense that the mana it costs for damage output is un-balanced.

5. Either Omen should get blocked more with 120 resist or something extra needs to be gained from 120 resist..trapped boxes are like having 120 resist.

6. By the beard of Zues. Fix the Peacemaking bug. Watching VIP! solo a harry with a hatchet made of:
33 Stam leach
35 life leach
40 Damage increase
is ..********

7. Bushido was nerfed...they forgot to nerf the other half of that insane template.

8. AI/WOD was the most ******** thing of all time in UO.

9. Nystul, do you actually believe that Sampires and GD dont need a nerf?

10. Building a Sampire template is NOT EXPENSIVE. Stop making it sound expensive.
If it was expensive and tough to do....everyone wouldnt have one.
Crimson + Primer/Void + Darkwood Suit + weapon with leaches (easily made with a bronze runic now)

Your whole suit is under 20 mil...in this economy...thats pennies..

S

Sneaky

Vamp Form should scale its bonuses on SS, end of story.

This does not nerf dexers, it just nerfs a loophole for some chars. My dexer is a straight pally dexer with no vamp, I have yet to see something that a vamp form warrior can killl that I cant. Dexers don't need vamp, its just a short cut that some players need.

S

Sneaky

I vote no! It aint broken so leave it alone. Just because a vamp or a ninja does well it doesn't mean that its broken. I think it is great that people have found creative ways to build templates and you wanna take them away because you can't beat em?
It is broken. Wraith form scales its mana leech off SS, why shouldnt Vamp scale its life leech from SS also? Not taking away people's creativity, they could still use their template they would just need to pick up some SS.

Oh, and people, Vamp form dexers are a problem in PvM not PvP. This is a PvM balance issue much more than PvP.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, its just not very viable to throw all that stuff on and call your tamer done. I just explained why I was doing it :p
Actually a lot of players seem to do exactly that. I've often been asked to "keep trying" to transfer pets to characters who were woefully underskilled even for the transfer. I have probably refused 50% of the players who came up asking to buy a pet I was selling.

This is why I've often asked for a change so that either all skill + items are dropped, pets can't bond without real skills being high enough (so a "twink" has to rely on disposable pets till they train up) or simply hard cap a player's available skill points so they can only boost up to a more moderate level. But I'd like to see skill + items gone, because it's just stupid that a little bit of jewellery can allow you to run around with a greater dragon etc. Now we have the powerful pet, the tamer hate is building up once again.

I'm sure a lot of arguments like this one, and much tamer hate could be solved by addressing the skill + items issue. In the last few years the control formula has been changed and pets have required higher levels of taming. I just don't know if EA would bite the bullet and deal with this issue too, and risk upsetting a lot of tamers. Though I partly welcome the tamer hate because it may well give EA the encouragement they need to change the tamer profession for the better.

Wenchy

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is it rediculous that I can solo lady mel on my tamer?

Is it also rediculous that I can solo shimmering on my bard?

Add tamers & bards to the nerf list because they are able to solo peerless!

Also my necro/dexy can solo doom, add him to the list (Even though he is played correctly).
Yea! Nerf the world! Cuz they can't do it!

I tell all you nerfherders what. I have soloed peerless, and I have duo'ed peerless, and I have gotten the pretty shiney's from them. And it's good. I'm having hot sex with them now. I bet that just kills you. Then I'm gonna sell em for 100 billion gold, then have sex with the gold.

If you nerf melee characters yet again, I will just use one of my many many other templates to solo and get hot pretty shiney's so I can have hot sex with them, right in front of your mall.

You people would not know what was intended or what is really and truely balanced if it came up behind you and had hot sex with you.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, but that one spell is the best Necromancy has to offer. In fact it has the highest minimum casting requirement in the game. You should not be able to cast it with only 25 Necromancy, a mere 25% of the total skill necessary.
I thought the best spell necro had to offer JC was Wither. You've beat your nerf drum over that and many other things lately. Why don't you just deal and go play the damn game and stop trying to act like a developer? You are not a developer.

I surely hope that whatever you and other nerfherders favorite templates to play gets the nerf stick crammed right in their paperdoll. I'll be waiting.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alot of other things should be looked at yes, but at the same time you've got to start with the most unbalanced and overly abused.

When I go to Doom or a Peerless area and 9 out of 10 dexxers have a pale white face, you know there is a problem.

Yea, there is a problem alright. The problem that any dexxer (melee'er) in today's high end PVM is at a disadvantage without using something like the vampire leech. The problem lies in the fact that a melee'er has to take direct damage from creatures that can put out more damage than your fullly equiped Fel gank squad.

When you go around PVM'ing and see that 9 out of 10 players are TAMERS, you know there is a problem.

I surely hope I don't have to explain to you how much easier it is to play a tamer in PVM do I? You are looking at this from a pvp point of view. WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD.

Why do you think 9 out of 10 peerless hunters will be a tamer? There is ALWAYS a tamer present to tank. Most times In other games it was always the melee'er who was the tank. You need to stop and take an objective view from a PVM standpoint where creatures put out extremely high damage #'s in very short times, and then realize what a dexxer has to put up with. Every single player I've played with over the last 5 years or so has given up on their melee characters in favor of either a tamer or a mage/bard. Most of the ones who have not are playing Sampire templates. There is a reason for that.

You don't go around nerfing crap just because you "think" it's imbalanced. You evaluate the cause and effect of a problem and come up with alternative solutions that can achieve balance. Even with max DCI a melle'er cannot pretend to start tanking high end creatures. Life leech, mana leech, slayers, and FORMS were put into the game to address some of these shortcomings of the melee template.

Stop trying to screw with them. You only move the game closer to tamers/mages online.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yea, there is a problem alright. The problem that any dexxer (melee'er) in today's high end PVM is at a disadvantage without using something like the vampire leech. The problem lies in the fact that a melee'er has to take direct damage from creatures that can put out more damage than your fullly equiped Fel gank squad.

When you go around PVM'ing and see that 9 out of 10 players are TAMERS, you know there is a problem.

I surely hope I don't have to explain to you how much easier it is to play a tamer in PVM do I? You are looking at this from a pvp point of view. WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD.

Why do you think 9 out of 10 peerless hunters will be a tamer? There is ALWAYS a tamer present to tank. Most times In other games it was always the melee'er who was the tank. You need to stop and take an objective view from a PVM standpoint where creatures put out extremely high damage #'s in very short times, and then realize what a dexxer has to put up with. Every single player I've played with over the last 5 years or so has given up on their melee characters in favor of either a tamer or a mage/bard. Most of the ones who have not are playing Sampire templates. There is a reason for that.

You don't go around nerfing crap just because you "think" it's imbalanced. You evaluate the cause and effect of a problem and come up with alternative solutions that can achieve balance. Even with max DCI a melle'er cannot pretend to start tanking high end creatures. Life leech, mana leech, slayers, and FORMS were put into the game to address some of these shortcomings of the melee template.

Stop trying to screw with them. You only move the game closer to tamers/mages online.
One question... Will you marry me?

S

Saris

By the way s not a loophole of an exploit.

it is a game mechanic that alows it

nowhere in any book does it say you cant or should not.

Realy big prob i see is in the 10 years I have played UO

I am tired of constanly retraining a template.

I will try this one more time, Fix speedhacking, make the game with less need to script to stop the scripters, and most important, keep your nose out of ppls template.

So spend money to fix bugs, spend money to give us good content, think of better ways of getting resources.

However dont listen to what ppl want on stratics, I dont think we know whats good for the game just our char.

Thats why US is more of a replublic then democrocy, bread and circuses

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote no.

Unless Tamer needs REAL skills in high Lore and Taming to control highend pets. Removes Mage weps. Bard needs REAL skills in Provo,Disco,Peace to do their tricks on highend critters. And needs real alchemy skill to use potions, if not everything is lesser potions.
/sign

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It is broken. Wraith form scales its mana leech off SS, why shouldnt Vamp scale its life leech from SS also? Not taking away people's creativity, they could still use their template they would just need to pick up some SS.

Oh, and people, Vamp form dexers are a problem in PvM not PvP. This is a PvM balance issue much more than PvP.
I think SS/4 is fair for Vamp life leech, if need be. I'd leave the other stuff alone (regen), because there is a -25 fire resist, and no cure pots.

S

shadowking

ok everyone is complaining about a nerf how about this. if you have 100 necro/ ss then you get 30% life leech and at 120 you get 35% how does this sound? a bonus ?