• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Combat Fire Beetle?

Diamonas

Journeyman
So since my hopes have been dashed with Windrunner, I was wondering anyone has combat trained a fire beetle?

I'm curious if it still retains it's smelting ability after combat training?

kazeandi

Adventurer
Giant Beetles lose their inventory, so I guess I'll have to crush your dream. I didn't confirm Fire Beetles though.

celtic

Visitor
So since my hopes have been dashed with Windrunner, I was wondering anyone has combat trained a fire beetle?

Would be nice to add fighting abilities to fire beetles.

celtic

Visitor

And Giant Beetles with more HPS and fighting abilities

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am training a fire beetle right now. It starts at 1 slot, so it's a PIA. Based on TC experimentation, you can get the base damage to that of GD, and it's 100% fire. You can add rune corruption, and you can add AI. So I am hoping for a mean rideable combat pet.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone tested the difference in resistance drop between rune corruption and inferno?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was told by another player that Inferno does damage and drops fire resist by 25%, while rune corruption drops all resists by half. So rune corruption seems to be a better deal. Have not tested it myself.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but to control it, the taming skill requirement went up substantially.
I know, but do you still need lore to control stuff? It's unclear. If not a 2 slot beetle with rune corruption would be pretty handy with just 110 taming or so required.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was told by another player that Inferno does damage and drops fire resist by 25%, while rune corruption drops all resists by half. So rune corruption seems to be a better deal. Have not tested it myself.
Yeah, Rune Corruption is a much much better special.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know, but do you still need lore to control stuff? It's unclear. If not a 2 slot beetle with rune corruption would be pretty handy with just 110 taming or so required.
Lore is required to order it to attack target. It works similar to normal tamed pet. Low lore will have low success chance.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lore is required to order it to attack target. It works similar to normal tamed pet. Low lore will have low success chance.
Like is "taming required" the same as taming difficulty when using a control calculator? This system is so undocumented, I pity any new players.

Still, I think it could be done with some creativity.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like is "taming required" the same as taming difficulty when using a control calculator? This system is so undocumented, I pity any new players.

Still, I think it could be done with some creativity.
Alright, I stoned the lore and tried to order the 2-slot beetle to attack a sheep, it didn't listen to me.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Necro.

Anyways, i have two types of Fire Beetles. The first is my all around kind of Fire Beetle, that i bring to a lot of guild hunts. He still has enough TP left to 120 all his skills.
Ember 1.PNG Ember 2.PNG Ember 3.PNG Ember 4.PNG Ember 5.PNG Ember 6.PNG Ember 7.PNG Ember 8.PNG Ember 9.PNG

The second Fire Beetle is nearly identical, but he has Wrestling Mastery instead of RC+AI. I use him more for solo killing stuff that is weak to Fire.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Necro.

Anyways, i have two types of Fire Beetles. The first is my all around kind of Fire Beetle, that i bring to a lot of guild hunts. He still has enough TP left to 120 all his skills.
View attachment 81937 View attachment 81938 View attachment 81939 View attachment 81940 View attachment 81941 View attachment 81942 View attachment 81943 View attachment 81944 View attachment 81945

The second Fire Beetle is nearly identical, but he has Wrestling Mastery instead of RC+AI. I use him more for solo killing stuff that is weak to Fire.
What is the benefit of wrestling mastery?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Giant Beetles lose their inventory, so I guess I'll have to crush your dream. I didn't confirm Fire Beetles though.
Hmmm, I have several 5 slot blue beetles and they all still have backpacks. I use em all the time.

Last edited: