• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Windrunner?

Diamonas

Journeyman
So I'm in the process of acquiring Windrunner, was wondering has anyone trained one upto 5 slots?

What are there base skills/stats?(having issues finding data)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Training this pet would/could be one of the hardest I'm afraid.... *sigh*

I released mine yesterday with the following stats:
upload_2017-5-5_14-58-47.png

Was a bit shocked about the 1 mana point and the base damage - very very very low. And it starts with Follower Slot 2. So I begun my training with monsters that do not cast and make only melee damage -. skeletons, zombies and spellbinders in New Haven works good, also the little solen workers. It works like to train a warrior first - beginn with low monsters and make your pet stronger for the harder ones later. The Wolf get only 0.02 point gain and the gains are faster if there's a mob around to fight. To myself I train mine at the Solen Infiltrators with good gains - so I have now this result:

upload_2017-5-5_15-6-0.png upload_2017-5-5_15-7-9.png

What shall I say... we'll be on our way ;)

Edit: Was wondering why there's still no gain in necromancy?

Last edited:

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patients is in order on this one, stick it out for the first tier points and then then add resists and H.P. and some base damage increase. Training at this point will be much easier.

Diamonas

Journeyman
Wow that is a shame considering how nice it looks,wish it could be trained to 5 slots, then it might be worthwhile.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Who would pay even 45 gold for such a fail pet? :eek:
Then again, try to sell it, you'll surely find an idiot ^^

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who would pay even 45 gold for such a fail pet? :eek:
Then again, try to sell it, you'll surely find an idiot ^^
Exact the same what I thougt. Never could say it better. Dômo arigatô! :) *bows*

Nonetheless... I like this wolf... but I have still problems to raise necromancy and spirit speak.Is there a special trick? :(Must it have the 100 % to modify it into a better pet.

I found it something odd that you'll than need the ability later for casting although there's already 20 Necromany and 20 Spirit Speak given.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There's no tricks, just have it fighting, it'll use spells. There has to be mana for them though, so it needs manareg 30.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow.... 30 manaregen... that'll be a lot of points....

*still training her little friend*

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Actually, regen isn't that expensive, you'll want them all maxed on every pet anyways.
HP for a good tank, stam for proper swing speed and mana so it can use specials/spells.
So that's a must have, along with max resists (4x80, 1x45).

Diamonas

Journeyman
Ok sounds like a wasted effort, I will abandon him until further notice. Maybe they will make him a 5 Slot next publish?

i have one 1=>4 slot from UO store, when i started traininig, it jumped to 2=>4 directly and no skills/ status gained. personally it is a faulty pet which i paid .....