• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) House Hunting

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting ready to place a house tonight on Sonoma and I see a lot of amazing open spots available...I mean, New Magincia (Tram) only has 1 plot taken up. What other amazing little gems are out there? Any tips or advice before I place tonight are very welcomed.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Getting ready to place a house tonight on Sonoma and I see a lot of amazing open spots available...I mean, New Magincia (Tram) only has 1 plot taken up. What other amazing little gems are out there? Any tips or advice before I place tonight are very welcomed.
Try Luna inside walls first, some pop up quite frequently on that shard. Next I would say Castle or Keep since you should be able to place at least one of those tonight or an 18x18 in New Magincia (if you can still place em that is). Good luck with your hunt and post a pic of what you placed :)

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have came across a couple trammel keep spots, no castles yet. I see a lot of houses out there but now I have to ask. Where are all of you?

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Most of the population is either playing the new areas (Spawns, Eodon, Abyss etc) or crafting/training skills so its very rare to spot other players just running around the "old" lands (on Sonoma at least)

I don't think you will find any free castle spots or luna spots, but there are some super nice Keep spots all over (secluded and even some nice island spots) All depends on what you think you will want to do. Personally I love the 18x18s for the custom designing, but with the new stone crafting you can semi-customize towers/keeps/castles.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the population is either playing the new areas (Spawns, Eodon, Abyss etc) or crafting/training skills so its very rare to spot other players just running around the "old" lands (on Sonoma at least)

I don't think you will find any free castle spots or luna spots, but there are some super nice Keep spots all over (secluded and even some nice island spots) All depends on what you think you will want to do. Personally I love the 18x18s for the custom designing, but with the new stone crafting you can semi-customize towers/keeps/castles.
Thanks for the info. I have had castles before, they are a little too big for me. I prefer 18x18, keeps and large towers in the old lands, tram or fel...which are readily available. I will keep hunting and hopefully after I settle in a can figure out what I want to do next.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Keep an eye on the town criers (or check out here Sonoma EM Events | Sonoma: The Best Kept Secret in UO) as there are weekly events (Event Moderator puts these on, EM Chimaera)

I would say it is more common to see players active 5pm-10pm PST during the week. You can always say Hi on on General chat and see if anyone is about :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The People's Army of Sonoma does nightly events most of the week, guests are welcome to crash most events be sure to check the calendar, tell them Drakelord sent you. Because it's Easter Sunday nothing was scheduled this evening and tomorrow's event is justice training in Felucca, only PAS and alliance members allowed for that, but feel free to drop a line on the boards if you like to join them in any other event.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Settled on this nice little spot, 1 or 2 keep spots I found in tram. This one was much less occupied than the other area.

Attachments

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Very nice spot. Welcome to Sonoma, Skunk! I hope to see you around!