• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New vids up! (Life of a new noob in UO)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think she really wants to get her hands on that keyboard, so cute! :)
Starting UO from scratch now is quite a challenge, my husband made a new character on Atlantic to see just how hard it would be, we are usually on Europa, he said he has no idea how totally new players manage without help.
On Europa we have a daily meeting at Brit Bank to help new and returning players. Maybe some of the veterans on Atlantic might consider doing something similar?

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Starting UO from scratch now is quite a challenge, my husband made a new character on Atlantic to see just how hard it would be, we are usually on Europa, he said he has no idea how totally new players manage without help.
On Europa we have a daily meeting at Brit Bank to help new and returning players. Maybe some of the veterans on Atlantic might consider doing something similar?
Awh she's so funny in the morning! Mega clingy and just wants to sit on her dad and be involved in what I'm doing aha
Starting out on Atlantic was fairly hard, I got lucky with a few helpful players and have just figured it out from there really.
The veterans on Atlantic are helpful but also mega challenging, it makes it more fun i think.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After the great feedback already I decided to make two more vids of my noob life starting out in UO.

YouTube: Wing Zero Straight Edge

And yes there is a cameo of my one year old little girl, future UO player for sure!

:D
Watched the Haven mines. Wouldn't mind the videos being a bit longer, like 10 or 15 or 20min ;) Also, in case you didn't find it yet, you can assign a key in the settings to target the nearest enemy. I just felt the pain targeting these mobs with your mouse while in combat :) Good stuff!

Plus here is the link to your YT for the lazy people like me: Wing Zero Straight Edge

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Y
Your husband wanted to see how hard it would be, so he made a new character.......................................on Atlantic ?

That's like saying you wanted to see how long you could go without eating, so you jumped on a Cruise Ship.

:pirate:

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Your videos r nice to watch, what software do you use to record it?

Normally I record my last 5 minutes of gameplay with the regular software of my Geforce board and then edit my videos using Sony Vegas but I would really like to have something to provide me a longer video recording(well, I can do it with my geforce but the file is hugee)

Last edited:

BrianATudor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

Normally I record my last 5 minutes of gameplay with the regular software of my Geforce board and then edit my videos using Sony Vegas but I would really like to have something to provide me a longer video recording(well, I can do it with my geforce but the file is hugee)
OBS (open broadcast software) is great for recording video or streaming to Twitch.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Watched the Haven mines. Wouldn't mind the videos being a bit longer, like 10 or 15 or 20min ;) Also, in case you didn't find it yet, you can assign a key in the settings to target the nearest enemy. I just felt the pain targeting these mobs with your mouse while in combat :) Good stuff!

Plus here is the link to your YT for the lazy people like me: Wing Zero Straight Edge
Oh wow thank you!! I'l definitely get more footage and do longer content :)
I'm still learning macros and key settings so thank you! :heart:

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Yeah

I use OBS Stuido 64 bit, I don't edit any of my stuff just yet because I'm speaking on webcam the whole time.
Open Broadcaster Studio is amazing, I'm happy to screenshot my settings in it to give you an idea of the setup mate.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah

I use OBS Stuido 64 bit, I don't edit any of my stuff just yet because I'm speaking on webcam the whole time.
Open Broadcaster Studio is amazing, I'm happy to screenshot my settings in it to give you an idea of the setup mate.
Thanks man.
Yesterday I downloaded OBS and watched a video on Youtube to learn how to setup then I started Streaming.
I liked because I wasnt pinging high in game after the stream started(my upload rate isnt very high, it's just 3.20)

I will try to setup it to just record without streaming today!

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to UO!
No doubt... I big fat Welcome back to UO bro. We missed ya !
Thanks for doing some PR work for us :) Its something EA hasn't done in over 15 yrs.
I'll go check out ur videos now :)

Ps. Your daughter is adorably cute !

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I have placed a challenge to Old Man Logon on ICQ today: I challenged him to start and complete the BEDLAM QUEST aka the Mistaken Identity quest to gain entry to Bedlam in Umbra. Sadly, I attempted it, solo and died *gulp* 8 times, as my apparently sad sampire.

Will he accept the challenge?

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
No doubt... I big fat Welcome back to UO bro. We missed ya !
Thanks for doing some PR work for us :) Its something EA hasn't done in over 15 yrs.
I'll go check out ur videos now :)

Ps. Your daughter is adorably cute !
Thank you very much!!
Happy to help, I have been a fan of this franchise for soooooooo long!
I'm having PC issues right now but I'm about to buy a new one so when I return I'll keep on showing everyone how great UO is.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
I have placed a challenge to Old Man Logon on ICQ today: I challenged him to start and complete the BEDLAM QUEST aka the Mistaken Identity quest to gain entry to Bedlam in Umbra. Sadly, I attempted it, solo and died *gulp* 8 times, as my apparently sad sampire.

Will he accept the challenge?
HAHA I accept!
I don't record my deaths but I think I need to show how hard some of the content is, I do mention UO is though.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So sad when the old pc dies, but good luck with the new one, I guess that means your next videos will be 100% more awesome! ;)

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you!!! :D
I remember it when it back when I was about 18 or 19 I think, a mate use to play it a lot. That's going back probably about 14 years ago. I'd be meaning to play it for so long and have finally got around to it now.
For an old game its actually decent.
I still on occasion go back and play old games, some which were released around the time UO came out like Diablo and Baldur's Gate. UO has aged remarkably well by comparison. Those two feel more stiff in the movements while UO feels more fluid despite being an online game.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
I still on occasion go back and play old games, some which were released around the time UO came out like Diablo and Baldur's Gate. UO has aged remarkably well by comparison. Those two feel more stiff in the movements while UO feels more fluid despite being an online game.
I loved the original Diablo, I played it on PC then even on the Playstation 1 which was really cool. I loved Boulders Gate even though I think I never really knew what I was doing, Never Winter Nights and the Dungeon Siege series was pretty rad to.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I loved the original Diablo, I played it on PC then even on the Playstation 1 which was really cool. I loved Boulders Gate even though I think I never really knew what I was doing, Never Winter Nights and the Dungeon Siege series was pretty rad to.
Baulders Gate it my "nemisis" game... I've never beaten it and any computer I've put it on and started playing it has suffered some fatal flaw of some kind... So... as much as I would LOVE to play it and actually beat the game.... I'm afraid to put it on my PC. Thought about putting it on the Laptop and trying it... but again... rather leery.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Baulders Gate it my "nemisis" game... I've never beaten it and any computer I've put it on and started playing it has suffered some fatal flaw of some kind... So... as much as I would LOVE to play it and actually beat the game.... I'm afraid to put it on my PC. Thought about putting it on the Laptop and trying it... but again... rather leery.
I think I still have my copy in storage, pretty sure it had a cool box and a map with it.
I'm currently contemplating Torment: Tides of Numenera which is fairly new, it looks like it has that kind of feel to it. It's on PC, ps4 and Xbone so i'll probs get it on my Xbox One I think.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think I still have my copy in storage, pretty sure it had a cool box and a map with it.
I'm currently contemplating Torment: Tides of Numenera which is fairly new, it looks like it has that kind of feel to it. It's on PC, ps4 and Xbone so i'll probs get it on my Xbox One I think.
I was enjoying Skyrim... but now I'm back to No Man's Sky. Something peaceful and relaxing about flying through space cataloging creatures and rocks and such...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No Man's Sky to me was a huge let down, I like Skyrim though. I loved Oblivion! So good for its time.
Lots of folk share your sentiment about No Man's Sky... but I never really expected too much out of it... therefore I rather enjoy it's simplicity....

Suppose since I learned how to finally get some units in the game it is a lot more enjoyable... though a bit of a grind. But still rather enjoy the ship flying... finding new and neater ships... building my home base and such... and the new little pond skimmer I call it is a HOOT to drive!