• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadowguard solo problems

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, so I just returned to the game recently and after watching a bunch of videos and reading threads about soloing Shadowguard on a sampire I figured I'd give it a try. Well...I failed completely, multiple times even. Was I just unlucky or is this a problem with my suit?

Using a standard sampire temp:

120 Bushido
120 Swords
120 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Anat
80 Chiv
80 Parry

Weapons: Double Axes and Bladed Staffs - AI for Ozymandias, Anon and Virtuebane (do I need AI for Virtuebane?) then DS for Juonar and WW for spawn.

Which enemies should I be casting EoO against?

The first issue is that some enemies seem almost impossible for me to hit, even with 50 HLD on my weapon. No hits means no leeches means no specials means I'm dead. Is there any way around this besides changing my suit to incorporate M&S glasses? I have 45 HCI

The second issue which is somewhat related to the first is that I'm getting screwed whenever spawn appears, usually when fighting one of the aforementioned hard-to-hit enemies as I can't set off WW. Is there a macro I can set up in the CC to switch target to one of the other enemies quickly?

I should also mention that I'm using the Conjuror's Trinket as part of my suit as I can't afford/find Cameos on my shard. Is this working against me when I fight Ozy and Anon?

Fwoosh

Visitor
Anon has ~220 wrestling so that is one of the reasons he's hard to hit and from what I've seen I'd assume Ozy either has a similarly high wrestling skill or has a very high parry skill. Virtuebane it is better to just use a 100% Cold ele demon DA for DS. I would also suggest not using EoO on any boss on the roof. Since when adds spawn up they will all be doing more damage to you and if you put EoO on an add type then the boss will hit you like a truck ( except for Anon and Ozy).

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've tried so many combinations to do it solo (purely from an experimental pov) and failed every time.

What I found was that Ozy and Anon were very easy to dispatch with a Disco/Tamer albeit a little time consuming. Virtue switched targets too often and Juo teleported and switched/aoe too often to be effective.

On the flip side, Virtue and Juo were relatively simple for a sampire but the hit rate on Ozy and Anon is so ridiculously low (even when discorded, yes I tried a bastardised bard/sampire) you get outgunned.

I have however managed to kill all 4 with a Sampire,Parry,Heal combo just never on the same run. Healing fills the no hit/no leech issue but RnG/adds screw up each attempt.

I'm not saying it should be soloable but those were my findings after many, many attempts.

Just not worth the hassle, bring a friend!!

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Additionaly, and I may be wrong, the incredibly easy looking solo sampire video that i think everyone has seen was either incredibly lucky or something (weapon skill/hit rate) was changed at some stage as the hit rate is barely possible even on a discorded target now.

Happy to be proved wrong of course!

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Akiho Could that video been done on a NON EA/BS/UO Shard?
I'm pretty sure it was done on official servers. He's a Japanese player called 'a bear corpse' Now I will add the guy who's video I'm assuming is very good at what he does but his video barely misses a swing at Anon and Ozy. He has posted on these forums before and i have a great respect for him. His ingenuity is remarkable in some cases (see Lady Melisande solo, I've tried it and it works).

Given that 45% is the HCI cap, less lightning strike at 50% which he does not use, I have discorded both Anon and Ozy and I still cant hit as much as he does in his video.

If he is playing a private server, and I don't think he does, my feelings would be hurt!

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To be clear, I've killed all 4 with the following template:

80 Anatomy
100 Bushido
100 Necro
100 Healing
100 Tactics
120 Parry
120 Swords

No resist is a gamble on Virtue and Juo'nar.
Depending on luck, you can literally off screen summons and kill either before you rotate the whole room.

Parry and healing are invaluable against Anon and Ozy as you just cant hit the f*ckers, adds are fairly trivial. Ozys are non magical and can be single targetted. A good repond slayer whirlwind weap deals with the adds on Anon pretty easily.

The problem lies in RNG, you can easily be overwhelmed with adds, casters being the worst in my opinion.

The 2 that dismount are Ozy and Virtue. You can do Ozy dismounted for the whole fight as he hits like a girl, Virtue is another story.

Starting Virtue dismounted is a gamble (ie. Mounting and off screening when adds spawn) as he often just one hits your pet.

The whole thing is very possible but in my opinion, luck is a huge factor.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even I brought one friend in, the boss fight is not fun. We got a dragoon and a Paladin for cross healing. If we do not cast EOO, the damage to the boss is slittle that both of us felt it is a boring long grind. If we cast EOO, the spawns may kill one of us. Another problem is the boss got hyper speed, we can't run away to heal. They chase me closely to do spell damage.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have however managed to kill all 4 with a Sampire,Parry,Heal combo just never on the same run.
Here are my two dexxers thad did it solo relatively easy:

1. Dragoon
Swordsmanship 120
Tactics 120
Bushido 120
Parrying 60
Chivalry 95
Anatomy 120
Resisting Spells 100
75/75/70/71/80 ,
45 hci, 29 dci, 20 ssi,
4 hpr, 0 mr, 0/0 casting

2. Paladin
Mace Fighting 120
Tactics 120
Bushido 80
Chivalry 120
Anatomy 120
Healing 94
Resisting Spells 100
75/75/68/69/80,
45 hci, 29 dci, 35 ssi (with DF)
4 hpr, 8 mr, 3/6 casting (must be 4/6 casting... need better jewels)

The first has very old suit that is not counted as a good nowdays.
The second has no suit at all. I just combined some armor pieces I had in my chests.

"Relatively easy" means probably about 90% chance to kill a roof boss solo without dying. With a help of a smart bard this chance is about 100%.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I run 60 parry, 100 chiv on my sampire. You can see screen shots of my solo run here: Warrior Challenge: Solo Roof
Corwin is correct. You need to turn off EOO when it spawns and you need to do it without failing.

Ozy: AI bladed staff. EOO and honor. HLD is a must. Switch to Dble axe with demon slayer or dragon slayer for the spawn. Demon cameo helps to get 300% bonus dmg.
Juonar: Dble axe with Fire dmg. Undead Slayer + Undead Cameo to get max damage. Or just Undead slayer and honor. Do not use EOO. Skeleton dragons kill to fast. Swap to Dble axe dragon slayer against the skele dragons.
Anon: Al bladed staff. Bring two different elemental. Elemental slayer and HLD is a must. EOO is on to get max damage. Honor helps against human form. Turn off EOO when spawn hits. Cold dmg Repond slayer Dble axe and repond slayer cameo for spawn.
Virtubane: No slayer weakness. Use cold dmg dble axe (with demon slayer for spawn). Switch to identical dble axe with repond slayer if there are more Titans than Wolves. Wear either demon or repond slayer cameo for the entire fight.

Having the set of cameos help a lot. It is still doable without, just harder. =(

The rest is all skill and strategy. Run when you need to. Take advantage of the fact that spawn runs slower than boss. Make a loop, kill spawn, go back to fighting boss. Bring invis potions, pet res, all +str/dex/heal pots. Always keep +str potion up for max HP. I like using balanced weapons to drink pots as needed but you miss out on the Bushido block bonus.

Get off mount for Virtubane and Ozy. Make a macro and insta-speed mount when you need to run.

For Anon and Ozy, missing is a problem. 50% HLD is good although I run that + Mace n Shield. The HLD isn't additive so its not as good as it sounds. Just drink potions to stay a live and keep your stamina up. When spawn occurs, I always step back, target nearest, then WW. As you already know, when you try to WW with Ozy/Anon targeted, you'll miss and die.

Finally, its takes practice! First time I did roof, it was with one other tamer. Kept running it with experienced tamers until finally I ran it with a roof-noob-tamer. When I completed that, then I ran it with another sampire. After that, I realized I could probably solo it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1. Dragoon
Swordsmanship 120
Tactics 120
Bushido 120
Parrying 60
Chivalry 95
Anatomy 120
Resisting Spells 100
75/75/70/71/80 ,
45 hci, 29 dci, 20 ssi,
4 hpr, 0 mr, 0/0 casting
How do you even heal with a temp like that? Genuine question, Bushido confidence is unreliable and Chiv, especually at 0/0 is even more unreliable. Without active healing components I cant see how you could survive any boss, even if you did have HLL on a weapon, it heals for so little it's a drop in the ocean of your health.

Again, Luck seems to be everyones friend.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm two Minax artifacts away from the Blackthorn M&S, even if it isn't additive 50% HLD just doesn't seem to be cutting it for me. I was ready to give up after hearing the bosses had been buffed but now I'm eager to give it another shot - although my next big stumbling block is the lack of talisman options.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm two Minax artifacts away from the Blackthorn M&S, even if it isn't additive 50% HLD just doesn't seem to be cutting it for me. I was ready to give up after hearing the bosses had been buffed but now I'm eager to give it another shot - although my next big stumbling block is the lack of talisman options.
If you're on a budget, you can get the Conjurer's trinket instead of a cameo. I actually use that trinket most of the time because it doesn't have durability loss. Make sure to get 5% SSI town bonus though. Conjurer's trinket does need to be paired with another trinket for fights against reponds. Ideally, a repond cameo. >_< You can skip on the demon slayer cameo. It's just a "nice to have" against Ozy's spawn.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You don't need the cameos to solo this encounter with a sampire, but the fight with Anon will suck a LOT if you have high ping and can't dismiss EoO fast enough when his spawn show up.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
I made solo vid again, because I'm not good at explaining in English.My template is at 28:00 in video.
I tried various methods against Ozy. So I feel good this way. -->
Keeping activate confidence for healing when I parry. Spamming AI. Off EoO when spawned. Switching Weapon(demon or dragon slayer) when spawned.
CA gives just extra swinging, Confidence gives surely heal (but small).

You should not equip Conjurer's trinket against Anon and Bane, they have reponds spawn.
And I don't think the bosses buffed.Of curse I'm playing official ultima online shard, you can meet me anytime I payed in Hokuto.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just love how quick Juo'nar drops.
But yeah, I don't think they have changed the skills either. I remember Bear missing a lot against Anon and Ozy on his previous video as well.
To make things a bit easier, you can bring a long a 4x120 bard to disco them and to run either peace or provo songs.

Thanks to my ping, I prefer to use tamers there, because I lag out a lot due to lots of dynamic objects in those rooms. So by the time I see the boss spawn, I am already seeing grey or on the verge of seeing grey on my dexxer.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
How do you even heal with a temp like that? Genuine question, Bushido confidence is unreliable and Chiv, especually at 0/0 is even more unreliable. Without active healing components I cant see how you could survive any boss, even if you did have HLL on a weapon, it heals for so little it's a drop in the ocean of your health.
Juo'nar is fast and easy. I leach enough so I needn't other ways of healing. I don't use EOO against it so I don't worry much about single spawn. With 100 RS undead spells are not so harmful.
Virtuebane is easy but dangerous. I leach a lot but sometimes there are situations when I need ride away to heal (I fight unmounted).
Ozy hits very light. I could stand all day doing nothing except casting Confidence from time to time. I fight mounted but sometimes I tab out to peace mode when it dismount me to don't produce spawn while dismounted. Hiryes hit very hard so it's important to cast off EEO immediately and switch to a dragon slayer double axe. I prefer to use AI against Ozy - about the same damage as DS but two times less spawns.
Anon is annoying too. Sometimes I even don't cast off EEO on spawns but sometimes I need ride away to heal. I use AI against Anon when it's in human form.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soloed the Roof last night :) I used Corpse's suit/build, took 30ish minutes and died a couple times to Juo'nar (took a second account to res).

Link to my suit if anyone's interested: Sampire Suit
Great suit, I don't have legendary armors, where do you get the legendary armors ?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Or from Exodus and the Turtle spawn too.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bought them from the Trader's Hall and VS, cost ~10m for the two legendaries.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made solo vid again, because I'm not good at explaining in English.My template is at 28:00 in video.
I tried various methods against Ozy. So I feel good this way. -->
Keeping activate confidence for healing when I parry. Spamming AI. Off EoO when spawned. Switching Weapon(demon or dragon slayer) when spawned.
CA gives just extra swinging, Confidence gives surely heal (but small).

You should not equip Conjurer's trinket against Anon and Bane, they have reponds spawn.
And I don't think the bosses buffed.Of curse I'm playing official ultima online shard, you can meet me anytime I payed in Hokuto.

Nice one. Also how you get that "ART" text on monster corpse to show if item is artifact? Is it UI addon or just in settings? (AT 28:00)

iPhilthy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i solo the roof all the time with a sampire/bard combo on 2 accounts. really easy. bard just there for disco and bard songs and a res if i happen to die.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i solo the roof all the time with a sampire/bard combo on 2 accounts. really easy. bard just there for disco and bard songs and a res if i happen to die.
I would suggest not using the "term" easy, or else the Dev will make changes to this. I recalled it happened before after Dev saw Bear's first Shadowguard video.

Personally I did the same with a bard and a sampire, but 2 computers controlled with 2 hands, right is a mouse, left is a gamepad controller that cost me. Without this setup I can't fight Shadowguard solo. But how many players would do it this way as this is not a normal setup.

Bear is really good in a real solo (1 account) but not everyone can really Solo like him. He can even solo Osiredon and I learn how to solo the Eodon Zipa quest from him - I even called GM Rivers to ask how did Bear do in his video to activate 2 switches at the same time and he called him a genius. Recent videos I learn from Bear again, when Virtuebane yell "I am going to burn you to blah blah blah", jump on your mount and get out of radius of explosion. He did it so fast and easy but I can't.

If one can solo doesn't mean everyone can, it involves the real player's skill also... I know I suck but at my age I am happy with my brain and finger coordination so far. Please don't make this worse or attract another dumb nerf stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Heck I do not really consider running 2 accounts as "soloing" anyway... I mean the disco makes for a much easier and quicker fight and the bard masteries add a HECK of a lot to the fight. You can damn near kill Navery from full health with one rock slide running the Mastery on her..

iPhilthy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
whether it's 1 account 2 accounts or 10 accounts. i myself am doing it alone without other players so i consider that soloing. and as far as "easy" goes its just easier for me because i've done it so many times. at first it was difficult with the bosses flagging my bard. the bard just makes things easier. just simply stated that i can do it alone as well not trying to have a competition with anyone so why the hate?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks. I use UI addon I made. Perhaps there is similar act in Pinco's UI.
Any tips for OZY nowadays?Seems like he changes weapon fast from archer to melee and his bushido+parry is devasting. I can get him down but it is annoying :p

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Any tips for OZY nowadays?Seems like he changes weapon fast from archer to melee and his bushido+parry is devasting. I can get him down but it is annoying :p
For casual, amateur, and slow-reacting players like me... I use discord. Still misses a lot but works better than without.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For casual, amateur, and slow-reacting players like me... I use discord. Still misses a lot but works better than without.

Aye but I don't use double account

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Aye but I don't use double account
I thought you needed atleast two characters to active the Roof room? Having a Discorder does help quite a bit if you can manage to mutli-client.

What template are you using to fight Ozy? Is the problem with Ozy himself or with spawn?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I thought you needed atleast two characters to active the Roof room?
Nah tried it solo once.. and oddly enough I learned that if you go in the roof and out of the roof in under 3 minutes you are still able to go back in later on when you find some folks to tag along lol.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought you needed atleast two characters to active the Roof room? Having a Discorder does help quite a bit if you can manage to mutli-client.

What template are you using to fight Ozy? Is the problem with Ozy himself or with spawn?
Nope. You can do whole thing self from Bar to Roof :). I use "Modern Sampire" with 5 x 120 + 2 x 100 skills. I mean "modern" more like skills in jewerly than HCI and DCI and DI

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Nope. You can do whole thing self from Bar to Roof :). I use "Modern Sampire" with 5 x 120 + 2 x 100 skills. I mean "modern" more like skills in jewerly than HCI and DCI and DI
Can I ask your exact skill breakdown for running it solo? :)

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bear, vollem comes with discordance or does it need training? I thought with training it would require more taming?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This trained vollem requires 25.0 taming skill. You can control pet requiring taming skill lower than 30.0 without taming .
Nice is it tames or reward one? UOGuide says u can find it at Tel Mur... but where?

Can I also "overtrain" it accidently? .. or is 25 taming reguirement "static"

Last edited:

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vollem in the Crystal from clean up Britania 500,000 points. It need training to have discordance.
And its natural taming require is "-18.9". So I can train vollem 11 times.
Tried one and:
It shows: taming require is 0

also:
This trained vollem requires 25.0 taming skill. You can control pet requiring taming skill lower than 30.0 without taming
Is it 30 or less or less than 30?

Last edited:

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vollem in the Crystal from clean up Britania 500,000 points. It need training to have discordance.
And its natural taming require is "-18.9". So I can train vollem 11 times.
What u mean with 11 times? Doesent every training cost more or less like 20MR versus 10dex?