• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Focused skill list

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just returned and I cannot seem to find a list of skills that effect focused spec like for instance pure mage.

The ones I know are

Mage
Necro
Spiritspeak
Mystic
Focus
Bushido
Ninja
Chiv
Taming

Are there any others? Like can u have hiding on a focused mage for instance? Stealth? Music? If I go googling I just get info on the focus skill and not the focused ability

Thanks

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so that list plus parrying is it?
Looks like it, if the UO Wiki is still accurate.

An Introduction to Spellcasting – Ultima Online

"...Magery & Evaluate Intelligence, Necromancy & Spiritspeak, Mysticism & Focus or Imbuing, Ninjitsu, Bushido, Chivary and Spellweaving; Animal Taming, Parry and Musicianship also count when determining whether a template is focused or not."

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The SDI caps have changed with focus spec as well, they are as follows.

Focus spec is 25% SDI (down from 30%)
non-Focus spec is 20% SDI (up from 15%).

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The SDI caps have changed with focus spec as well, they are as follows.

Focus spec is 25% SDI (down from 30%)
non-Focus spec is 20% SDI (up from 15%).
Yea they did a good job at making focused mages relatively useless. Unless of course you desire lack of versatility for 3-4 damage. *thumbs up* to the moron Devs..don't forget Glenda! Another beauty..that was foreshadowed and even demonstrated!

Edit: but hey I now have a virtuallly unstoppable Parry Necro Mage that has crazy damage output and superior defense!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea they did a good job at making focused mages relatively useless. Unless of course you desire lack of versatility for 3-4 damage. *thumbs up* to the moron Devs..don't forget Glenda! Another beauty..that was foreshadowed and even demonstrated!

Edit: but hey I now have a virtuallly unstoppable Parry Necro Mage that has crazy damage output and superior defense!

i dunno, i love seeing the new template variety. its like it used to be with the exception that if you do want to be a pure mage, ur not hampered, u get a little bump.