• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck Statue timer increase ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can this be re-evaluated please ? 1 hour is kind of silly, that's hardly time to do anything of value these days. Why can't the statue last like the city buff does ? Or how about 24 hrs active with a 24 hour cool down ? I don't see what the harm would be.

:pirate:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're spending more than an hour a day doing PvM, I strongly suggest you sit down and reevaluate your lifestyle choices.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think the hour is ok, but I'd like to see the cooldown changed to 20 hours (like in any other modern MMO with a brain) so that you aren't constantly losing minutes due to the hard 24 hour sliding scale for people with consistent play times. I'm more apt to NOT play a day when my statue doesn't refresh after 11:00pm. And it's easier to NOT play the next day after that, and so on and so on.

So... yes, I'm saying that the anniversary statue being on a 24 hour cooldown is costing subscriptions. I think that is a perfectly rational and legitimate claim... o_O

But seriously. Change it to 20 hours already. This should literally be 1 line of code. It's impossible to **** up. Or is it...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can this be re-evaluated please ? 1 hour is kind of silly, that's hardly time to do anything of value these days. Why can't the statue last like the city buff does ? Or how about 24 hrs active with a 24 hour cool down ? I don't see what the harm would be.

:pirate:
Yes, please!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you know that if you activate the timer on the luck statue and log off the timer for luck stops but the cool down timer doesnt. So with a little planning you could get 2 hours of lucky playtime.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you know that if you activate the timer on the luck statue and log off the timer for luck stops but the cool down timer doesnt. So with a little planning you could get 2 hours of lucky playtime.
You are right. 1 hour of luck a day or 2 hours of luck every other day.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its a minor bonus. its not meant to replace gear, or the fel bonus.

think of it as an updated luck bonus like the sphinx (which gives 1-80 luck for an hour)

if it were longer, people would just complain that they need a 16 year old account to make pvm worthwhile.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its a minor bonus. its not meant to replace gear, or the fel bonus.

think of it as an updated luck bonus like the sphinx (which gives 1-80 luck for an hour)

if it were longer, people would just complain that they need a 16 year old account to make pvm worthwhile.
The Felucca bonus is an unproven myth, I can confirm it absolutely does not exist on Siege, where it's Felucca everywhere.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Felucca bonus is an unproven myth, I can confirm it absolutely does not exist on Siege, where it's Felucca everywhere.
It does exist honest. I'm actually not being sarcastic. At least on prodo shards anyway. Fight balrons in blackthorn on each facet with no luck. The difference is actually quite noticable.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or just do an Anti-Virtue Dungeon and you'll get on pretty quickly.
it gives luck according to account age. 200 is pretty big difference to 1,100. only way to get 1.1k (or more in upcoming years) is max age account. yes, i agree getting the actual statue is easy.

it would be a huge disadvantage to young accounts if the bonus could really be counted on during all of a persons daily play time.

10th Anniversary Sculpture - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Fwoosh

Visitor
it gives luck according to account age. 200 is pretty big difference to 1000. only way to get 1k (or more in upcoming years) is max age account. yes, i agree getting the actual statue is easy.

it would be a huge disadvantage to young accounts if the bonus could really be counted on during a persons daily play time.

10th Anniversary Sculpture - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Indeed you're correct I somehow forgot that the luck was based on account age.