• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why can I not price items on a vendor?

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Backstory; I am resetting/replacing a vendor that previously existed (items and all). In past the vendor had the very same items (literally) on it, and my asking price was accepted. I've placed the vendor again (it had run out of funds), and am trying to price these items, and my price is not being accepted. (I know, I know; it's criminal and just wrong of me to hope for any mark-up here, haha! ;-))

Vendor issue.jpg

Vendor issue2.jpg

Kindly allow me to reiterate; these very same items were on my vendor previously, and had acceptable (to me at least) pricing that I input. Now, however, I cannot place these on my vendor with any pricing except the default price. Whilst I am showing just 2 examples of this as above, point in fact this is happening with a larger number of lamps and candles that were previously on this vendor as well. Some of these I purchased from a player or on other vendors, a small number may have been found (as I have attended an occasional idoc). Without keeping a log of every single purchase or find for every single item I cannot know with absolute certainty. What I can say with complete confidence is that these were on my vendor at an inputted price and now they are unable to be priced.

Now, this is a larger problem as it is happening to items that I was previously able to price. However, I have always had some degree of trouble pricing lamp posts, in particular. Now, however, I cannot seem to price them at all, and additionally can no longer price my candles.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

(edited to post script)
PS As it is, the vendor now stands empty, not a viable option for folks with vendor shops.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can you price other items on the vendor? Are these the only items you can't price?

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Can you price other items on the vendor? Are these the only items you can't price?
Yes I am able to place other items on this vendor. (Although it is dedicated to lamps and candles so ultimately I won't stock it with other items.)

It's odd, no?

Really hoping for a clue, cheers!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Vendors are cheap. I'd try a new one. This is the first I've heard of this and there's only a few factors involved. I'd think replacing the vendor might be worth a try. Or maybe something goofy like you have numbers lock off on your keyboard. Something simple like that.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Vendors are cheap. I'd try a new one. This is the first I've heard of this and there's only a few factors involved. I'd think replacing the vendor might be worth a try. Or maybe something goofy like you have numbers lock off on your keyboard. Something simple like that.
I wish it were that (numbers lock). That, at least, I could explain, and ultimately remedy. This is the second vendor with a similar issue (the one constant seems to be the lamps, and now the candles.) It's not simply the one vendor.
Cheers!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It sounds like the game thinks they're dupes for some reason. I've never encountered a real dupe but have always heard you can't put them on vendors now isn't that right? So maybe for some reason they're being flagged.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It sounds like the game thinks they're dupes for some reason. I've never encountered a real dupe but have always heard you can't put them on vendors now isn't that right? So maybe for some reason they're being flagged.
I thought duped items simply wouldn't go on vendors... so that can't be right.

Seems weird.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe so, never dealt in duped items before. But some sort of flag seems to be on these things

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe so, never dealt in duped items before. But some sort of flag seems to be on these things
Me either truth be told I don't even do vendors... but I do remember that this was the case with duped stuff. Though from what I hear more often than not non-duped stuff occasionally will flag as duped.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It's difficult to imagine that these would have been duped, they aren't a particularly high end item, nor do they sell especially well. However, I must say that I cannot be certain as to the origin; I myself did not acquire them directly from Doom (lamp posts), and the candles are from having just...played the game, in game as it were. At the moment I can't recall where they came from directly (anniversary, maybe? It eludes me).

I may just have to try yet another vendor, as @Capt. Lucky suggested. We'll see.

Cheers, folks!

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uoassist and automatic pricing through vendor Agent has doing some troubles to me in the past.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Candelabra of Souls can be gotten from treasure chests...yeah I can't imaging anyone bothering to dupe items that are as cheap as these

PaulCH

Journeyman
I was pretty much thinking the same as @Coco_Zamis_DF, either that it was possible UOA was entering default prices or that it could be used to solve the problem by setting up the price in UOA.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am on the UOA thing too that Coco and Paul suggested, assuming you use that program.
If so...
Go to UO Assist
Go to Agents
Select Vendor Agent from drop down
Hit "More Information" button
Uncheck the "Automatically set" checkbox.

Alternatively, try putting it in a subpack on the vendor and pricing it there and then bring it out to the main pack.
Alternatively, try putting it in a backpack in your pack before hand and place and price the whole backpack.
Alternatively, try finding another person who you trust to give the item back after a test and have them put it on their vendor (this would rule out the item dupe question which I don't think is the case)
Good luck and report back if you figure it out.